1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Another country view

Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.
  2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Do you think US is capable of accurate reporting? I get news for you, a lot of people who having symptoms don't get tested, and a lot of people who died at home don't count as Coronavirus victims, right here, in United States. Why the double standard?

I don't know how China could do better to warn the entire world this virus is dangerous. It locked down a city with 11 million population entirely, in January. It had to use entire nation's medical stuffs to backup one city. It is not good enough for you?

Those countries which paid attention, and prepared early, fared far better than others, like South Korea, Germany, Singapore. Unfortunately, it looks like United States is the least prepared, and somebody, especially neo-cons, are trying to find scapegoat and blame China for their incompetence.

It looks like it will be Trump election strategy going forward, blaming China, it is the easy target.

I know some of you guys want start a cold war with China. But for god's sake, wait until this pandemic under control please.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't have a double standard. You made the point that I have been making - we can't rely on ANY nation to self report. If you want to, go search for my post on that topic.

4. ivanyy2000

I was mainly talking to the neo-cons and Trumpsters on this board. Their thinking is the reason why this country is so f*cked up right now.

Fight the virus seems not being their priority, winning the election and start a war with China is.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I got you. I haven't heard of starting a war with China, but the blame game is indeed politically deflection and I'm sorry to see that many people will accept it because ... China! It's doesn't stand up to facts. China is "bad" isn't an excuse for the US gigantic failure. The US did have plenty of warnings and their internal memo and communication confirm what we already knew publicly. They just simply fk up... or more specifically this admin did... and even more specifically, the POTUS did. You can't square that away other than to not accept reality, create an alternative reality and play mind game with yourself. Deflection and blaming others is part of that rationalization, but it's not enough and I think many of his supporters are going through phases of mind-bending to a psychotic level to justify their continued support.

6. NewRoxFan

trump and his defenders/supporters don't want to actually start a war with china... they only want (need) china to be a target of blame to deflect from trump's own failures to act soon enough on the global medical crisis. Its been well-documented that the pandemic was well reported and even well-known to the trump admin in January. Yet trump was complimenting china and their leader in January and February. And telling America it was not very serious, that it was being "handled", it only effected old and sick people, that it was only 15 cases, and it would soon disappear. Despite clear knowledge of how truly serious and deadly it would be to a huge number of Americans. And despite waiting months to fully act on it (and still not showing preparation and readiness).

china's lack of honest reporting isn't new to the world... yet trump's latest defense is "they didn't accurately report"? Egads... next thing you will be surprised about is russia doesn't tell the truth or that north korea was ceasing missile development? Oh yea... trump used those excuses about election interference and nk's missile testing.

But as I said, trump supporters need to deflect blame... hence multiple threads opened up here and on the non-political discussion group blaming china.

#2186 NewRoxFan, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Hakeemtheking, RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

umm yeah?!!
    what a sh**ty neighbor you are to not tell us!
    If your neighbors house had a gas leak or on fire even if its 3am I would hope for the courtesy of a knock or notification. Good one china. China tried to play it off and everyone can see and smell the big brown sh*it stain and diarrhea running down their leg.
    call them for what they are dumbass incompetent piece of sh*it neighbors. Now would we warn them if our house was on fire? Probably only if incompetence caused it to leak out and least then the warning would be earlier. We should be praising those countries that suck usa/china and looking at lessons learned from germany/s korea ( ahem testing, geo tag ..sound familiar?)

Lol easy there goebbels save it for the rally

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

9. ivanyy2000

The cold war with China has already begun, but that is another topic.

I have never seen a president "take zero responsibility" for a crisis like this one right now, and he think if only the death toll for US is under 100k, he would have done a very good job. 100k Americans die and he will pad himself on the back? It boils my blood.

Anyone but Trump. Between a dog and Trump, I will vote the dog without thinking twice.

joshuaao likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

While Trump was telling states to find their own medical equipment, his task force was outbidding them with sweetheart deals for industry: chartered jet rides for the freight, a distribution formula allowing them to keep 40% for regular customers & more... long article, well worth the read.

Behind closed doors, Trump's coronavirus task force boosts industry and sows confusion
    "Jared and his friends decided they were going to do their thing," one official said, referring to the president's son-in-law. "It cost weeks."
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...ce-amassed-power-it-boosted-industry-n1180786

Amiga, Buck Turgidson and RayRay10 like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

12. NewRoxFan

Wow, the other parts of the Fauci interview are even more damning...

Amiga, joshuaao, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I like the way he keeps saying "obviously" like hes not even winking or dropping it as hint

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It failed to act quickly and engaged in a massive coverup! Stop covering for the CCP. They locked down Wuhan and cut of domestic flight all the while allowing international flights... letting it spread and fester across the globe. They intentionally did this so they wouldn't be the losers by themselves. It was purely selfish reasons.

15. PeppermintCandy

And I doubt it's just the states, either. It's no coincidence that countries like Brazil and Germany have recently called out and accused the United States of taking off with their orders of medical equipment at the last minute.

This has been so, so messed up. And what's more frightening is that Kushner (as well as his father-in-law) probably believes that he's been doing quality work that deserves praise, leading him to take part in the briefing session last week. It sheds light on how these people likely operate in the business world, and just how warped their sense of privilege is.

I really hope there is an investigation that lets everyone know exactly what has happened and makes them culpable of their action.

Hakeemtheking, Amiga and RayRay10 like this.
  16. WNBA

WNBA Member

Are USA allowing international flight at this moment with half a million cases and much more without being tested? If yes, does it mean that USA are intentionally letting the virus spread?

No Worries likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

"Chaos and Spasms" would be a great title for someone's future book on the Trump Administration.

RayRay10, B-Bob and NewRoxFan like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

Wow... this is so bizarre... only in the trump universe.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. biina

biina Member

Do you go to bed when you see a fire truck outside your neighbor's house with smoke coming out of his windows? If his house is burning down, do you expect your neighbor to still go around knocking on doors?

Were we being 'good neighbors' when Trump started a trade war or when China keeps stealing IPs and pumping out emissions? Is it neighborly to support Isreal against Palestinians and Arabs or to invade Iraq under false pretenses? Is it 'neighborly' to have all the indirect wars fought by the big boys in less developed countries for resources and influence? We are not neighbors but sovereign nations with many competing and often conflicting interests. Every country basically pursues what is in its own best interest to the detriment of one or more other nations.

Would things have been better if China was more transparent - yes, but what you seek is wishful thinking and no more realistic than me becoming the first transgender pope. CCP's responsibility is primarily to the people of China and so far they have done a better job than the toddler we have put in charge.

20. Nook

Nook Member

China took care of business? We know that the CCP knew it was a major health concern going back to early November based on intelligence reports. Recent research traces the origins of the virus to September. So I don’t know that I would say they immediately took care of business at all.

Second, China could and should have let the international community know of the severity of the problem far earlier than they did. They were and actively still are more concerned with saving face.

Third we do not really know for sure how well they have it contained.

Having said all of that, I agree that world leaders (including Trump) knew by history that the CCP were liars and shouldn’t be trusted. Either Johnson and Trump scapegoated or were too naive to lead.

At the end of the day it is fine to blame both the CCP and world leaders.

Liberals and most posters in D&D have called him out before but at this point it is so obvious he is a propagandist that he is just ignored or on “ignore” lists.

RayRay10, jcf, dmoneybangbang and 2 others like this.