1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. ricky812

ricky812 Member

www.nbatalk.com

It says that Jordan wants to trade the number 1 pick for 2 mid to late lottery picks. Maybe we could trade our 3 picks for the number 1.

------------------

2. kbm

kbm Member

I think the key words are "two mid- to late- lottery picks." The rockets only have one LATE lottery pick and would have to give it up to even have a chance at another. I think jordan prolly wants to move down a few spots to nab tinsley, and he wont get tinsley with our pick. Of course, we could always give him franchise. [​IMG]

------------------
    I am an invisible man.

[This message has been edited by kbm (edited June 05, 2001).]

3. ricky812

ricky812 Member

If you look at the mock drafts available online, you will notice that tinsley is still there at 13 on all of them.

------------------

4. kbm

kbm Member

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lol! one thing is for sure, the Sportingnews does not think we will take a SF. They have us passing on both Joe Johnson and Rodney White!

What's up with them calling Jefferson a SG!!! Is Jefferson's 6'7 listing being put into question???

6. ricky812

ricky812 Member

Rodney White at #16?
    Joe Johnson at #18?
    That can't be right.

------------------

7. Band Geek Mobster

What mock drafts are you talking about?

The majority of the mock drafts I've seen have the Celtics taking Tinsley.

"It says that Jordan wants to trade the number 1 pick for 2 mid to late lottery picks."

That sounds like Jordan's on the phone's with the Celtics to me since they're the only team with 2 lottery picks.

------------------

8. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Yeah I saw that article too. It did not surprise me at all.

The real quest for Jordan this year was Jason Williams of Duke. MJ wanted him, and bad. But he did not declare and will wait at least until next year.

Watch Michael Wonder Boy try to parlay his #1 pick into a lower (mid level to late lottery pick this draft PLUS a future unrestricted (and NOT lottery protected) First Rounder for next year so that he can increase his chances of nabbing Willimas then.

The other thing to watch is the Celtics and Washington getting real buddy-buddy over the next couple weeks, although you would think that Boston needs two mid round picks instead of a high pick as much as Washington does. Oh well, no terrific reasoning from the Celts lately anyway.

Cheers.

------------------

9. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Oh .... you beat to that Celtics thing, Boo Geek.

------------------

10. MManal

MManal Member

The article mentioned that MJ wants Rodney White and is talking to the Nets. What I would suspect instead of Rip Hamilton being traded for the 7th overall selection is something more along the lines of the Wiz and Nets swapping #1 and #7 with the Wizards getting the Nets 1st rounder in 2002 unprotected. Im not surprised that MJ is interested in Rodney White b/c the kid is a very talented young player and has been moving up the charts. From the Nets side, this makes a lot of sense as well. They could draft Eddy Curry and have a very talented frontcourt duo of Curry and Martin to complement Marbury. The other rumored deal of Marshall and Russell for Van Horn would give them some solid immediate help and really improve their ballclub. Curry-Martin-Marshall would be a very huge and talented frontline, can you imagine the rebounding advantages that frontline would create? Not to mention, a 6-7 Russell in the backcourt with Marbury, this team would definitely be headed in the right direction.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

11. ricky812

ricky812 Member

My bad on saying that tinsley is available on all the mock drafts when we select. I reached that conclusion while only looking at the espn and nbadraft.net mock drafts.

------------------

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Boy if Rudy can get Joe, Richard and Rodney he will be very pleased [​IMG] And so will I.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.