1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would trading Biggio be suicide for McLane?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by franchise?..NOT, Mar 24, 2004.

1. franchise?..NOT

1. Pitching for Griffey. Bidge on the bench

2. Pitching for Beltran. Bidge on the bench

3. Biggio stays and starts.

Even though it is extremely unlikely to happen, if we could get a Griffey or Beltran type of player, what would you think of the Astros for trading Biggio, (or benching him). I for one have never been all warm and fuzzy about him like Ryan. If he can be replaced with a more productive player WHO ALSO IMPROVES THE RANGE IN CF, then I am all for it. I realize that he had 100 runs last year and so that is part of the deal. His replacement must be an upgrade AND have some highly productive years left in the tank. We could load up the Reds or Royals with starting pitching depth and not suffer in the short or long term because of it. In return we get a healthy Griffey or Beltran to man CF for the next 5-7 years. To me this is a no brainer. I want to know what is the consensus.