1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

In other news, Texans just signed a JAG safety, Eric Murray, 3yrs $20mil.

2. AstrosRockets1818

Watson could play out his rookie contract and walk.
    Tunsil could demand 130 million guaranteed or walk. Both have 100% control not the Texans.
    (In the coming seasons).

my boy....

“Cardinals acquire WR DeAndre Hopkins from Texans for RB David Johnson, 2nd-round pick
    These teams will also be swapping fourth-round picks, as if that matters. What's important is that Bill O'Brien pulled off one of the most lopsided trades we'll see in a long time.

O'Brien is the dumbest person in the NFL, and he's running an entire franchise. I mean, ruining an entire franchise. He just traded his second-best player (behind Deshaun Watson), who happens to be one of the top receivers in the NFL, for a decrepit running back and a second-round pick.

How the hell does something like this happen, and how does O'Brien still have a job? It's ridiculous. Knowing the mindset O'Brien has, he shouldn't even be allowed to be a quality control coach. I don't understand what he's thinking. When I initially heard the Hopkins and Johnson swap, and I stopped gagging, I assumed Houston had obtained Arizona's No. 8 overall pick. Instead, the Texans secured just a second-rounder for one of the top receivers in the NFL in his prime. Oh, and let's not forget Johnson, who gets injured every single week and no longer has any sort of explosion!

The Cardinals, meanwhile, are getting a new No. 1 receiver in Hopkins, who will exponentially improve Arizona's offense. Both Larry Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk will greatly benefit from Hopkins drawing coverage, and let's not forget Kyler Murray, whose development will benefit from Hopkins' presence.

I'm hereby re-naming all "F" grades to O'Brien from this point forward. It's amazing how this man is allowed to make horrible move after horrible move, and yet the Texans keep promoting him for some reason. It's unbelievable.”

Grade for Cardinals - A+
    Grade for Texans - O'BRIEN

#WalterFootball

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

After 10 years I am glad I finally gave up my season tickets this year when the made BOB the gm. Thanks BOB for showing me that I made the right decision almost immediately.

4. Buck Turgidson

Hahahaha...that's quality stuff.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's like he didn't even attempt to start a bidding war for Hopkins and sold him off to the first offer. No way in hell would no one offer a 1st round pick for Hopkins. Goes to show how much of an ego our sht GM/HC has, gotta flex his muscle to show he's top dog.

Nook, plutoblue11, Dgn1 and 2 others like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL

Yes, this might just go down as one of the worst trades in history. I'm trying to think of something just as bad but I can't.

David Johnson is not stud, he had one amazing year and in the NFL that is pretty common place especially for RBs.

Someone said Hyde, as of right now, is better. Looking at their stats you could legit argue that Hyde is a better RB.

If you swap Fuller for Hopkins in this trade...THEN...then it makes a lot more sense. At least then you're trading an injury prone WR for an Injury prone RB and Arizona probably still does it because Fuller is younger and they want to get out of Johnson's contract. Fuller is more replaceable than Hopkins for the Texans, especially with more draft capital, and then they could add Johnson to their stable of backs and he's a good back to have in a RBBC kind of thing.

Right now though...he's often injury prone, has been demoted, and looks like a has been which is common for RBs his age.

There really is no way this works out unless the Texans draft some HOF player with their 2nd round pick.

RustyHarden and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Odell to the Texans?

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Hopkins is free at last.
    Watson now F!!!!!!

plutoblue11 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hoping for this or seeing it somewhere?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Has anybody stopped to think about poor Tim Kelly? O'Brien finally surrenders control of the play calling and then immediately trades Hopkins for a limping bag of old cadavers.

Look for OB to make Kelly the scapegoat when our receivers can't get open and Johnson doesn't bounce back.

O'Brien will get an extension and take back play calling duties in 2021.

11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I would trade for Stefon Diggs but I am sure their GM will actually see what he is worth before actually trading him.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So BOB runs off Duane Brown resulting in a **** O line for years that took two FRP to replace in Tunsil.

Then he runs off Clowney resulting in a **** run defense and pass rush resulting in the debacle we saw in KC.

Now he’s running off Hopkins which in no way will result in anything but a worse offense. Now our receivers are Mr. Glass and Stills.

How does a GM/coach manage to get away with allowing this much All Pro/Pro Bowl talent to be traded for pennies on the dollar?!

Nook, plutoblue11 and TheRealist137 like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Predictable Bob.

HTown_TMac likes this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

hoping for

J.R. likes this.
  15. AstrosRockets1818

There are two people in Houston I want to have a beer with right now.

D. Watson and AJ Hinch.

16. AstrosRockets1818

That’s how much Hop cost for the next 3 seasons in his prime.

At this point yes I with terrible things to happen to BOB.

17. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

Honestly, I think it'd be better to be more of a New York Knicks type franchise. At least they don't give up good players, they just don't have any. We actually have good players and give them up for nothing. Can't believe this is happening smh

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Just get Todd gurley and all is forgiving.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Being the meme franchise has its perks.

20. steveng125

steveng125 Member

How does bill view himself after the trade. He can’t sit at the podium and actually believe and tell us we got better lol..It would sit better for me, if he came out and just said that they weren’t getting along and had to send him elsewhere but don’t sit there any say we got better

jcf likes this.