1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe and the Colorado case

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Feb 1, 2020.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

She agreed not to testify at the criminal trial in return for a public apology from Kobe. Once she got the apology and bailed on the prosecutor, he dropped the charges with his key witness gone. The settlement was offered by Kobe's team after she filed a separate civil suit (the burden of proof is easier in a civil trial).

Prior to her agreeing not to testify, the defense was already going pretty hard at the woman's sexual history and it looked to be a key part of their defense. It's quite possible she did not want to have to defend her prior sex acts as part of this trial. I've attended a rape trial before, and the manner in which the defense attacks the accuser can get really nasty. In the same vein, the settlement doesn't signify guilt on Kobe's part; the saga was killing his reputation and he might well have just wanted it to end so he could begin to rebuild.

#42 topfive, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That and it's not a good look for her to be bragging about having sex with Kobe and then having sex with other guys the very same night. She wasn't the most credible by any means and is one of the most obvious examples of someone muddying the waters for actual victims. Tbh almost feels like a plant. Without this one incident Kobe would be seen as a saint. His apology back then was fantastic though.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

From what I read, the woman had a recent history of severe depression and had contemplated suicide. This is pure conjecture on my part, but she might well have consented initially to some degree of intimacy with a famous person, then was surprised to find herself involved in very rough sex (Kobe admitted to choking her and leaving a mark on her neck, saying he did it "all the time" with a different woman he was currently having an affair with; he even told the investigates to call this other woman to verify). Maybe she told him to stop and he didn't, or maybe she just wished he would stop. So what she thought might be some kind of sweet and uplifting rendezvous ended up being very demeaning instead in her eyes.

This entire case was very, very messy and anyone who's positive Kobe was a rapist or the woman was a gold-digger has simply not done their homework.

ThatBoyNick, gotsis, JeffB and 3 others like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So he is a saint for multiple adultery to his young wife who isn't ugly?

One of the people that think the vow of marriage is not sacred and the wife just a trophy to be paraded around.

He did better himself but that Colorado trial helped him mature.

roslolian likes this.
  5. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

??? Is this really a thing? Shame on y'all.

1. Kobe Bryant didn't have to rape any damn body. He was Kobe Bryant. I was on a reality show on ABC called Here Come the Newlyweds. A show for married couples. After I won so many women were after me knowing I was married, and I'm no Kobe Bryant!

2. Semen from multiple people were found inside this woman who accused Kobe. Which only lasts 24 hours. How could someone be so open to having sex with multiple people but one of them, which happens to be KOBE BRYANT, raped her?

3. His charges were dropped. People are innocent until proven guilty. He was never found guilty of any charge. And he's dead! Leave him the **** alone.

#46 BasketballMind, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

lol

BasketballMind likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, 1. Cristiano Ronaldo is the most famous soccer dude, and he got entangled in a rape case.

Some people just cannot take a No for an answer, even superstars, sports celebs.........

BeBreezy likes this.
  8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Man, Cristiano's case seems even worse than this one. Cristiano's case just reeks completely and he's lucky he doesn't actually play in America.
    I have to check on the latest with his case (although I think his accuser signed off on a settlement...i might be wrong)
    I don't think Cristiano will be coming to the USA anytime soon. Not to play in MLS or even vacation (although some may say both are the same thing...;):D)

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. ferrari77

I hear you...but he also wasn't found innocent.

Just wanted to say I think I do remember you from that show. It feels like forever ago it was on. You still married to the same lady?

10. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I actually think he did do a bit of posturing. I remember when he got married he was on MTV all in the cameras, waving his wedding band around saying something like "you groupies can't have none!!1!!1". Out here quoting bible verses as they relate to marriage. Then not too long after that the 2003 case hit and his laundry was hung out. I don't think his entire good boy image was a facade, especially coming out of high school. But, I did get the impression that he didn't think his s*** stank.

11. T. Will tha Don

Actually I have a PhD simple ass dude. And its piss poor that you even brought this up dumb ass. Its of poor taste and character given the recent events. So yes it pissed me off because a sick mind would post trash like this after a man, his daughter, and several others lost their lives in such a tragic way. So yes I called out your broken thought process and put your basic asson blast little fella.

12. T. Will tha Don

By the way real adults don't post tacky ass trash like this little dude. I swear if I were still in the military Id crack your loud mouth ass in the mouth with my weapon. I cant stand internet loud mouths that probably work as substitute band teachers during the day or play video games in their mom's guest bedroom smh. Now go ahead a respond with your gangster thumbs lmao. Simpleton!!

13. ferrari77

Are we supposed to be impressed you have a PhD you illiterate dummy? Once again did you even bother reading the point of this thread or you just prefer to tumble in and blather on like a fool?
    I will help you out since you're too f*cking lazy to click page 1 and spend a minute(or in your case ten minutes) reading and re-reading to make sure you comprehend since apparently a PhD doesn't mean one actually knows how to read properly and comprehend what he has read.
    So, let me help you understand what that means kid. Have at it means- discuss to your hearts content. Leave the main Kobe thread for others that don't want to see the case re-litigated in there means - THAT THE ACTUAL KOBE THREAD WAS BEING TURNED INTO A KOBE COLORADO CASE THREAD RATHER THAN A MEMORIAL ...HENCE THE NEED FOR A THREAD FOR THOSE THAT CHOOSE TO DISCUSS HIS CASE...SO THE KOBE THREAD COULD BE LEFT FOR THOSE REMEMBERING HIM.

Can't believe I actually had to explain that to someone. Seriously how old are you, five? Because I had to Explain it to you like that's your age.
    I hope my "broken thought process" now makes sense to you chief.

You seriously felt the need to post more asinine crap. So, real adults usually don't post idiotic nonsense like the hot mess of a post you spent time typing up. How dare I forget that only folks in the military (a) have weapons (b) know how to use weapons (c) want smoke. I mean how dare I forget that because there's no way that myself or anyone else on Clutchfans here knows how to do that....as well as use Clutchfans. Impossible!
    Everyone's a keyboard warrior Mr PhD. Hope you stop embarrassing yourself, take the L quietly and go misread another thread on here so as to save us from having to read your nonsense.
    If you don't want to read about the Kobe case then no one is f*cking making you...so (1) shut the f*ck up. (2) quietly exit the thread....and this a major one (3) find another thread to partake in. I know that's going to be difficult but I believe you can do it little buddy. Hope that helps.

14. ferrari77

You sure you don't mean Dwight Howard ? (minus the marriage part lol).

But seriously I think part of it was a facade. He also wasn't the most approachable person/athlete pre-Colorado. He came off as arrogant and like you said-like his **** didn't stink. I think part of it was being so young coming into the NBA, he had to put on a facade like he was already the man in order to fit in. Then as he actually became a superstar it all came together.
    After Colorado he became wayyyyyy more humble and approachable. I never got to meet him pre-Colorado but I heard from some that did. I met Kobe a couple of times post Colorado and mannnn he was like how a lot of people nowadays remember him. Always smiling, ready to take a pic and just easy going.
    I think the case led to him finding himself and just being comfortable in his own skin and dropping the facade.

daywalker02 and BeBreezy like this.
  15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Some peeps are infatuated with taboo bul$%@s

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is Gayle King on Clutchfans?
    Bad idea to go public with your Kobe criticisms at this time

17. VanityHalfBlack

Kobe is innocent.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I the saw Gale Winfrey and Lisa 'Left Eye' Leslie interview and was quite impressed with the structure of the meeting and questions asked -- I'm not understanding the blow back.

19. andersongo

andersongo Member

Actually Rose's accuser was the most ridiculous one. Apparently she invited Rose to her home at 1:00 am so as to have a drink and discuss things (That was her official explanation, I kid you not). Then as now, the same usual suspects were trying to defend the credibility of the accuser. You want people to become unreasonably sceptical of rape accusations? No better way than to push #believeallwomen crap and defend the most grotesque stories to go about it.

Scarface281 likes this.