1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wade Smith on Sports Radio 610 AM just now:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jan 31, 2020.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

Can Booker or Tatum develop into a #1 who can beat a team lead by Giannis, AD/Bron, Kawaii/George, or a returning Steph/Klay for 'ship? They're young but their best possible upside is maybe where Harden is now.

Also imagine how future superstar free-agents will look at the Rocket franchise if we trade away the Beard.

AD looked up to Lebron and wanted to play with him. Eventually a transition. Lot of the young cats blossom in high school and college watching Harden, they may want to play with Harden. Be in the house that Hakeem built and hold the torch that Harden carries.

This is a weird space we're in.

[​IMG]

Harden was playing much better tonight. Hopefully the injury continues to heal.

[​IMG]

#61 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    DeBeards likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

their upside is most certainly nowhere near where Harden is now...not even close

Harden is a legendary, all-time great level player...Booker and Tatum don’t qualify

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

Regardless of this topic, in general...for the love of god do not take Celtics fans seriously JayZ50.

They are the fanbase that is most delusional and disconnected with reality.

They wouldn't take Harden for Tatum?
    Well , some of them wouldn't trade Tatum for AD too as they made it known to everyone who would listen a few months ago.
    Wouldn't be surprised to hear that they wouldn't trade him over a package of Pippen and Jordan on their prime.

Harden makes you an instant contender, which Boston isn't now and noone knows if they will manage to become even when Tatum is older.

The future is unpredictable and Tatum hasn't shown any signs that he will be an MVP caliber player.

So again better to win now with a top 5 player than uncertain dreams of winning in the future.

It's not like Harden is 35 years old!
    He still has a good 2 years in his prime.

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

On age alone you make a deal for Booker, they throw in 2 first rounders and it's a no brainer. The Harden window is closed here in Houston. It's like a stock, you sell now on Harden. The LA teams as constructed make it next to impossible to win a championship in the short term. Booker and Westbrook are a rock soild core to build around for 2022 and beyond. You also listen to ATL wanting Capela for Hunter, Collins, Huerter, etc. And of course MDA will be long gone, Harden is the only reason why he's still here to begin with tbh.

#64 forchette49, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    randerson likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can Harden do that?

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

while a good point about Celtics fans... I assume Ainge also didn’t offer Tatum for AD... otherwise AD would be a Celtic right now.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

AD wasn’t re-signing there, that’s why

if he was willing to re-sign there, Tatum would’ve been gone, let’s not kid ourselves...

malakas likes this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

Noone believed for a second last February that Toronto would win the title either.

The only way I am trading Harden now is
    if he wants out

or if the medical staff lets me know that he has knock on wood a serious injury that will limit him in the future too

or if another younger top 10 player is offered in a trade in an offer that blows me away.
    For example if it was Doncic, AD, an Embiid without injury history, etc I would do it in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

Booker is good and great but he alone isn't good enough to surrender the opportunity to win now. IMO.

To be honest I don't think that Booker even in the future will ever be a top 10 player. There are too many better young players around.

D-rock likes this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lakes paid Kobe something like 28 mil for his last season forfeiting the ability to put a more competitive team on the court. Why? Because Warner Cable pushed hard to ensure his return as Kobe = ratings magic.

My question is simple - - how does JH13 affect ratings in greater H-Town thus ad sales as well as drive revenue for the franchisee?

malakas likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

Well..we all know that he certainly doesn't affect the revenue to the extent that Kobe did, that's for sure.

I looked it up a bit, and couldn't find one mention of Houston's rv ratings. All I know is that they aren't in bottom 5 or top 5 or had any significant change in the past year.

For jersey sales Harden was as of this January number 5 in jersey sales and the Rockets were no.7 in merchandise sales.

D-rock and xiki like this.
  11. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I wouldn't look to trade James for most, but Devin Booker would be a player that I would strongly consider as what I would want in return. IMO not happening, but where I would set the bar at.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No, live and die with the Harden era.

Maybe this team's strength is the playoffs. Maybe we completely fall apart.

D-rock likes this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

A thousand years ago or so Philly signed Pete Rose to a free agent contract. Huge one. It was accomplished after sponsors agreed to up their ante for what they were paying for the ensuing season. PR moved the needle like that in Philly, Kobe in LA. TF knows what JH13's effect is on his bottom line so somewhere in the Fertita Vault is the answer to the tradeability of the generations greatest offensive force.

malakas likes this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

unfortunately the WB trade ****ed our future, cp3 squad at full health was a legit contender, were clearly not one now AS I HAVE BEEN SAYING SINCE DAY 1.

The only thing you trade harden for is a first round stash and build like boston

15. malakas

malakas Member

Great point xiki.

Finances and revenue is important especially with this owner who couldn't even pay WB's contract.
    If Harden is traded it will have to be for someone popular enough to fill the gap.

xiki likes this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

If at the end of 4 year extension, there is decline, you renegotiate the money, you don't trade your franchise player.

Hakeem should have been a Rocket lifer.
    Yao drafted and retired a Rocket.
    If and when the time comes, Harden should have the option to go out as a Rocket.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

hell no

D-rock and saleem like this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I respect your opinion, but I believe you have set the bar very low. James is waaaaay better than Booker.

Red Hova and D-rock like this.
  19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Hell No

I like booker he’s a stud.

but harden is the rockets.

he could have left or atleast tested FA a few times and didn’t.

we’ve been top 4 every damn year with him with a couple chances to really win the whole thing.

harden needs to stay in Houston and retire here like his friend and idol kobe did in LA.

we need to support this guy so many bums want out when things get tough harden didn’t a few years back in fact he resigned immediately.

talking about AD top 5 player get out of here he’s a top 5 talent he’s not a winner. Lakers suck when he’s on the court without Lebron.

PG13 who I love is not in Hardens class he’s a second fiddle.

give harden what KD Kawhi Lebron steph have had around them the last decade and see what would happen? Rings player. He’s that class of player. Same with Giannis that guy is the real deal and I hope he does what harden did and stays.

harden gives back to this city every year he’s one of the good ones. Scholarships, money, time, Christmas gifts to the less fortunate.

that’s somebody this damn city should get behind.

this city loves watt for the same reasons and he hasn’t even been on a real winner ever and his production hasn’t been elite for over 4 years now. He’s still solid but looked at as I’m invincible.

support the beard I love luka but I wouldn’t trade harden for him simply for the fact that harden stayed he’s all about this city and the team. Let’s just enjoy him while we have him if he brings a chip that’s awesome if he doesn’t so what he went out trying and stuck with this franchise that has made some questionable decisions.

beard forever in houston I hope the city and especially the rockets fans would get behind this 100%.

20. andersongo

andersongo Member

Morey would bite the Suns GM hands off. Booker with Westbrook and Ayton is a contender.