1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It seems like James is playing hurt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 21, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

When the National broadcast crew is picking up on him not moving well and not being 100 percent that should be a huge indicator that he shouldn't have played ... maybe if its the playoffs and we need him to gut one out ... but not for a ****ing random game in late Jan.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't know if Harden is hurt, or pouting or what. But he needs to go away because he's hurting the team at this point.

Get his mind right, get healthy, whatever. He's been the best player on the planet for 4 years, this isn't just a slump.

Playing poorly through an injury is not admirable, it's stupid.

T_Man, bro2044, charlieaustin and 9 others like this.
  3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I know what the reason is. He's out of rhythm. Due to all the double teaming and Harden being on the ball less, it's affected his rhythm. He can't play his own game. He's forcing up shots he wouldn't normal shoot. He's shooting at the wrong tempo. It looks pretty obvious to me what's happening.

This is what happens when you have another dominant ball handler in your team who can't shoot a 3pt shot to save his life. I'm not blaming Westbrook, because he's obviously been amazing this season. It's just easier for the other teams to double team Harden and take him out of his rhythm and leave Westbrook open to drive to the lane.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

That could be possibly but who knows. The only thing we really see is it’s been going on for a month now. Longer than any stretch of struggles by far since he’s been here. It’s not just the offensive side of the ball either. His movements especially laterally is a struggle for him. He did take a gobert knee to the thigh but that doesn’t explain the struggles before that game though

5. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Harden's attitude on the court is unacceptable. It is disrespectful. He is hurting the team. Again, Harden needs to mature and seriously consider his future in the franchise. I can't even imagine Jordan, Kobe or LeBron having this kind of attitude.
    Well, I really shouldn't even put Jordan, Kobe and LeBron in the same sentence as Harden.

charlieaustin and BigShasta like this.
  6. KittzOr

KittzOr Member

I guess you missed LeBron last Season?

D-rock likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I didn't want to say this being optimistic but I think you are dead on. James has no spirit. Its not so dissimilar to the game 6 against San Antonio

bro2044 and Tato1971 like this.
  9. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

My friend, are you talking about the same LeBron who won 3 NBA rings being the MVP of all those finals?
    I'm sorry, but let me laugh!

MrSabotage and BigShasta like this.
  10. JackLordsHair66

I think you are honing in on it, he’s been off in other games where he was doubled earlier in the season and we lost most of them (Toronto being the one glaringly big win), he does not seem to have “figured it out” as yet with the doubles and now when he doesn’t have the ball in his hand dribbling the clock out and directing the offense he really seems lost. When he had CP3 they took turns isoing, had a better shooting cast (esp 17/18) and had much better defensive players around him. There is a perfect Cluster**** of conditions going on with this team the last 15/20 games and it has ****ed Hardens ability to orchestrate the game up badly, throw in the fact clearly the league has decided they had had enough of his “foul collecting” habits and he truly looks lost right now. He’s never been a top defender but he hasn’t even tried much the last 6 weeks; and his body language and demeanor on the court with his fellow players is god awful ! If I was any numbers of players on that team I’d be over his guy completely the way he is playing, acting, leading and bailing on them collectively and individually.

I’ve been trying to say it’s more than nagging injuries, and I just couldn’t put it into words, but I think you nailed it !

11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I love our team and all the players but we have to be reasonable. How does a guy score 50 in Utah and gets less than a dozen shots the next game. Mda lets these teams double James from the top instead of moving him around just a little without the ball to throw defenses off. James needs to facilitate the offense when he is slumping. When he gets his legs under him and his confidence then he can be the BEARD but when he is off Eric Gordon and Westbrook need the ball more

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

That's a sh*t attitude right there. If your legs are really f'ed up then heal. If this team can't win a few games without Harden then we need an overhaul.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I saw a couple of his blocked floaters
    He got no lift and they had no arc

Rocket River

bro2044 likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Evsry thing is Harden's fault
    Except wins
    Those are in spite of HARDEN
    - The Clutchfans Motto

Rocket River

Batman Jones, Plowman and BigShasta like this.
  15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

James Harden really, really likes to play basketball. Over the years, that has been a huge benefit to the Rockets. Now it's a problem.

We're seeing the downside of a disposition that's 98 percent useful. That doesn't help at the moment, but take some comfort in it.

Deuce, Batman Jones, bro2044 and 2 others like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is the time someone has to help him help himself

Rocket River

snowconeman22 likes this.
  17. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

I just wish a reporter has the BALLS to ask Harden "whats wrong with you"? Is it the knee? your new stripper? is it Russ being more efficient than you? I mean which one is it? cuz you are hurting the team. Also someone ask D'Antony the reason why he doesn't play his bench more often and how come PJ's minutes have gotten up instead of down like himself suggested. I don't understand why reporters opted to ask dump questions, I understand relationships but if I'm sucking at my job someone will call me out.

bro2044 likes this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

That reporter would then get fired.
    It's not that they don't know their questions are stupid is that teams control access to the lockeroom, ESPECIALLY when it has to do with superstars. Teams are overprotective of them.

You ask a tough question? Enter the black list . Even reporters with big backs supporting them like ESPN and the Athletic.

Now in this case Feigen at least tried to ask Harden about his injury but he refused to even aknowledge it.

That's horrible news. He is not going to admit it and sit.

jonasXV likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You mean someone willing to lose their job for your entertainment?

Rocket River

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lest CF forget what healthy Harden can do: