1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Kevin Love has been added on Rockets list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 16, 2019.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Trading Clint Capela for Kevin Love without a defensive center to replace Clint does not seem like a Morey move. This seems more like Tilman trying to sell tickets and Westbrook trying to bring his boys in kind of move. A move that might keep us strapped for a long time as well. Kevin Love is a player I have definitely coveted in a Rockets uniform but to trade a young defensive Center that scores at 60+ % is insane. Paying 40 million a year for 4 years for a pg on the decline that shoots at a low percentile and allows his motions to cloud his basketball IQ is more of the problem.
    Mental illness is real. This is not something he chose to have but was born with. Shame on anyone giving him crap about it. He has still succeeded in helping a Cavs team beat the Warriors once and was a legit beast in Minnesota. Good player that I wish well and would still love him in Houston. Just not at the Cost of Capela at this point.
    Plus don't we have a legit 7' player in I-Hart that was said to be able to shoot the three already? Why in the hell are we not letting him shoot it from there?

#821 tycoonchip, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    D-rock and napalm06 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tristan and Lamar might join in.

3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Com'on, thats gang ban, not double team.:rolleyes:

4. arubato

arubato Member

Lakers, Clippers & Nuggets would love that trade

Lurch likes this.
  5. omgTHEpotential

That your twitter @Williamson ?

Gray_Jay likes this.
  6. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

LOL. I love it.

The tweet is probably Windhorst-level BS, but it does bring up the question: Who is the GM of the Houston Rockets? Is it Daryl Morey? Or is it James Harden now? I get seeking approval from your star player before making a deal: will the new guy fit in. Is the leaving player(s) so essential that they shouldn't do the deal, etc... That's different from the star player demanding that several personnel moves be done, and what those tweets are claiming is that's now the case.

About as important is this: Clint Capela's balls seem to have finally dropped, considering the game he just had against Embiid, and NOW is the time we're going to move him!? It's ridiculous. The argument, parroted by me, to trade Clint for a good stretch 4 and a Noel-type defensive 5, made a lot more sense before he dropped a 30/14 on one of the best defensive teams and sets of bigs in the NBA. He needs to build on this, of course, but where else are the Rockets going to get 20-25 ish and 12-18 ish for 16.5 million? They can't

xiki likes this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't have twitter. Also, as much as I'd love to free up minutes for Hartenstein, I wouldn't trade Capela for Love. Our defense would suffer and offense isn't really our issue. Also, his contract is massive and he tends to miss about half of the season injured. I just don't understand why people around here want him.

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I’d rather have Kuz

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Of this deal happens it would definitely be a Tillman move and not Morey move.

Capella matches perfectly with Harden and provides better defense than Love. Love is a shell of his prime self. Just a bad trade if it ever happens.

harold bingo, sungjina and saleem like this.
  10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=w4j2fhl

If any trade goes down it be with Cleveland, i say boston, with boston sending picks with smart to cavs.

This looks better on paper, plus exum is still a project.

My take is boston has wanted Love for ages, and wanted him bad with Iriving. I say they make it happen. With Tatum, Walker, and Brown. That would be a force in the east, easy Boston vs Lakers all over again for the next 2-3 years.....

#830 Le$$, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think this ''news" is just propaganda, but Tilman might just be that dumb. The Rockets should wait to see if Love is bought out.

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Why on earth would rockets fans want him here? lol that what gets me..

D-rock, DreamQuake, BMoney and 2 others like this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Or the rigors of being a on court crybaby pouting on the court?

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Much rather have Bertans...

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't think it's dark or ugly. It's a business decision in a billion dollar business and the mental health issues are a variable. I get where you are coming from, and have dealt with my share of depression when I was younger, but you have to be realistic. Love probably isn't worth his contract at his age, let alone if he decides to just say F-it and not play.

On the other hand, most true geniuses are batshit crazy but the upside is much higher than in this case.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

Don’t believe that Harden is pushing this trade. I could see Westbrook because of the UCLA connection but not James. Either way, Love is probably more injury prone than Chris. Can’t see Tilman going for yet another oft-injured max salary player after getting rid of the first.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wiz are going to get a nice pick for him this deadline. Spurs gave the man away for free unbelievable.

18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I don't understand the anger or annoyance at people who are displeased at the idea of the Rockets trading for another often-injured big name. Part of Love's injuries in this case are his anxiety issues. Those issues are part of what keeps him from dominating, in the same way Chris Paul's numerous leg injuries kept him from dominating. Yet we're supposed to shun people who bring up Love's mental issues, but not Paul's physical ones.

Neither player can help their condition more than they currently are. I'm sure Paul does all of his rehab, stretching, and strength work with high commitment. And I'm sure that Love does all of the desensitization therapy, CBT, and other means of working with his issues. That doesn't mean we fans can't be displeased, or criticize those players, when their issues prevent them from playing.

tycoonchip and BigggReddd like this.
  19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Houston would give up 180 ppg if that happens

20. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

This feels like trading for Carmelo while he was a Knick, which fortunately never happened (and for the record, I was totally for it, at the time). I would consider trading Capela in the right deal, but this isn't it. Let's let some other team trade for Kevin Love and try to coax him into picking us in some future buyout situation. On the other hand, I am thrilled at the possibility that this ownership might be willing to go into the luxury tax.

D-rock and amaru like this.