1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Wild Card Bills @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Texanstradamus

O’Brien job should be on the line Saturday imo cause u cannot be one and done again and run it back again it makes 0 sense

everyday eddie, TejasTom and Marteen like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

The Bills and Josh Allen made some early season adjustments in his mechanics.

Over the last 12 games Allen only had 3 interceptions (two were tipped at the line). In that same 12 game span he threw for 17 touchdowns. He ran for another 6 touchdowns. He lost two fumbles during that span.

In the last 12 games he has an NFL leading 4 game winning drives and 5 comeback victories.

So since mechanical changes were made Allen in 12 games has 23 touchdowns and 5 turnovers....

For comparison sake, Watson over his last 12 games had 25 total touchdowns and 12 turnovers...

Allen has more rushing yards as well.

My point isn’t that Allen is better than Watson (he isn’t), only to highlight that Allen has been far better than most realize after making adjustments. He almost never turns the ball over and surprisingly is almost as good at scoring touchdowns as Watson.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Turnovers will be the key to winning or losing, and they have the edge there with Allen and their defense This game is hard to predict, simply because we are a better team with JJ and Fuller. What version, if any will we see though? I believe their impact, and Watson not turning over the ball will be the keys to winning.

They have held their opponents to an average of 16 points, so the pressure will be on Watson and he needs to be smart with the ball. With a healthy Fuller Watson's effectiveness will skyrocket.

With a healthy JJ our defense is much better against the run. If JJ can put enough pressure on Allen, hopefully he will make a mistake. If he can help minimize his effectiveness at scrambling, force a fumble, tip the ball, etc.. then we should win this game..,.........as long as Watson doesn't hand them the ball.

With all those ifs I really can't predict it. I mean we could lose 20 to 16, or win 34 to 19. I originally predicted a big win but their defense, with Oliver and crew scares me. I'll be optimistic and safe with a 21 to 20 Texans win.

#43 deb4rockets, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  4. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Allen had a very good November: 5 games, over 63% comp, 7/1 TD/INT, >8 AYd/Att. And a poor December: 4 games, <50% comp, 4/1 TD/INT, ~5.6 AYd/Att, and a lost fumble too. Fumbles the ball quite a bit, TBH, with 6 fumbles in those two months, though he had great luck in that only 1 was a turnover. All from his PFR page here.

I think the Texans can get to him. They'd better. Couple that with a giant dose of Carlos Hyde, and the Texans could easily win this game. Though ugh at the thought of having to rely on Fairbairn in a close game. At least he's kicking indoors. Can you imagine him kicking in Buffalo?

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Just got a notification on my phone from ESPN that Will Fuller will play against the Bills????!

6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Hopefully Watson can get healthy, he hasn't looked right lately.

7. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

I don’t think he was ever hurt that bad and was just held out 2nd half of Tampa and Tennessee games.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So the Texans finished the season at 25th in rush defense allowing 121.1 per game.

Wonder how different this would have looked with Clowney.....

I can’t see the current defense that lacks a pass rush, can’t stop the run, and is bend don’t break in the secondary will have much playoff success.

Gray_Jay and Nook like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Its Playoff, lets hope BoB disciplined his team by now to avoid all these false starts and holding penalties.

Its already hard enough for our team to score, dont need to increase the difficulty.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Working hard, getting better every day Mark.

Marteen and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The difference between 21st and 25 is 5 yards a game. Between 15th and 25th, 9 yards a game. Not that big of a deal. Clowney was hurt much of the 2nd half of the season...wouldnt have made much difference.

12. AstrosRockets1818

13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

This thread is so sad its almost funny. instead of talking about the game and its possible outcomes, most conversation is about either how they will lose and bob should be fired or how they will win and lost next round bo hoo.
    [​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  14. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is he a great teammate?

Marteen likes this.
  15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

"Fun" fact: We ran on our first offensive play in 13 out of 16 games. 12 were Carlos Hyde, 1 was Duke Johnson.

Record when we run first: 8-5
    Record when we pass first:2-1

No Worries likes this.
  16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It is a very pessimistic board, but I totally get why people feel that way. It goes back to O’Brien and his ways of winning ugly football. I honestly think he did a pretty good job, and I didn’t expect them to win as many games as they did. He deserves some credit for that, but it doesn’t change the fact that this still doesn’t feel like as good of a team as what their record indicates. Win against Buffalo and that might change, but I’d be a liar if I said I felt comfortable that they will. Buffalo has a legit defense, and I think they’re going to give us some problems. I think we will probably win a close game, but you never really know with these guys.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Great teammate
    Fun guy to coach
    Excited to see him out there, if he's able to go. Big part of what we do John.

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Gipson to IR?? Noooo

AB423 likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

Addai is also banged up. Safety is a position that might get us killed on Saturday. I'd love to see Lonnie try his hand at safety but without playing a snap at the position all season would make the gamble too large

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member