1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"And for me… nothing changes in my love. Nothing changes in my responsibilities"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Riz, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

After reading this article, I have so much more respect for Dwayne Wade as a person not just as a basketball player. Every child needs a parent who not only loves them but believes in them, encourages to be the best version of themselves.

I found this quote to be very powerful: "And I had to look myself in the mirror and say, ‘What if your son comes home and tell you he’s gay? What are you going to do? How are you going to be? How are you going to act?’ It ain’t about him. He knows who he is. It’s about you. Who are you?”

https://people.com/parents/dwyane-wade-watched-child-become-who-she-now-eventually-is/

FrontRunner, MadMax, gatsby and 3 others like this.
  2. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Wade also said this about Harden in the same podcast episode: "It’s undeniable that he’s one of the greatest to ever touch the basketball...Just the way that he's able to score the basketball...That’s why he’s getting hate, because we’ve never seen it like this before."

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nobody cares. Having a gay kid isn't a storyline anymore unless you live in Alabama.

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

He cares. I care. I just read the same story a few minutes ago, and I feel the same as Riz. Still too many people living in fear that others will come to know what they feel inside. As long as they aren't hiding feelings that are detrimental to others, people shouldn't live with that fear. Good to see an African American man who had a trying childhood support his own child when a lot of people feel really safe saying bad things about LGBTQ people.

FrontRunner, jiggyfly, gatsby and 2 others like this.
  5. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

That's stupid. There are plenty of people both in this country and other countries who reject their kids for coming out. Why don't you tell them no one cares anymore.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There can probably only be one Zion. So now Zaya.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Good for him.

I have a niece who struggles with her sexuality and gender identity. Luckily her mom is supportive as is the rest of our side of the family... her father on the other hand hates her for being who she is.

jiggyfly and Riz like this.
  9. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Sounds like her father has some internal issues that he would need to sort out himself if he wants to have a loving child.

VooDooPope likes this.
  10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I will never judge a man for the way he lifts up his child. Shame on anyone who feels like thy can. I might not agree with it but Wade LOVES his child and frankly, there are plenty of kids that would kill to be loved by their own parents.

K mf G likes this.
  12. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

This. Even if you disagree, just let someone be.

JW86 likes this.