1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA league pass app not working? (Directv)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bizzy045, Oct 19, 2019.

1. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

Has anyone who has directv and nba league pass had any success watching the preseason games in the NBA app on their iPad or iPhone? I keep getting an error saying to contact tv provider and subscribe. I am definitely subscribed. I spent over 2 hours on the phone with directv and got nowhere. I am just curious if someone can try opening the nba app and try clicking on the watch link from yesterdays rockets game or any nba game that is not on nbatv (this is working for me) and on league pass only. Thanks.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So you purchased NBA League Pass through DirectTV? Your first step is to verify acount in the App.

Looks like this:
    https://help.nba.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46/~/activate-nba-league-pass-on-mobile-app

btw: with a LP subscription, you also have access from your computer. Maybe test that your subscription is active by trying to verify provider from your computer?

Go to link below and Click "Already Purchased" at top-right of screen. When you select provider, it will send you to a DirectTV login.

https://secure.nba.com/watch/pricing

3. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

I talked to nba.com support on the phone and they told me cable/satellite subs will not work till the season opener. They gave me a free temp nba.com login to watch any of the preseason games and the first week of the season. They did assure me that it will work on the 22nd. Thanks for the help and info.

weakfromtoday and heypartner like this.
  4. phasors28

phasors28 Member

First question- Are you located in China? If so, I think I know the reason

5. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

lol no. Texas.