1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] NBA Preseason Predictions: "Team Turmoil" - Rockets #1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Aug 29, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The % of 1st place votes, in sum, adds up to 112%.

I see what you did, ESPN.

#21 heypartner, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the difference is obvious though. kawhi has led a team to a title. he knows what it takes. their two stars are great defenders as well as scorers. they have a better supporting cast and more balance on the roster. our stars impact is mostly just on offense, and i like a mentioned, we just dont know what to expect from westbrook on a nightly basis.

doc rivers is great at managing egos. can Mike D unlock the best of westbrook ? can he get him to fully sacrifice, recognize his limitations, and trust his teammates ?

when he has his head straight he is BRILLIANT.

THIS is the westbrook im hoping for.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Media Conspiracy.

Anybody with a brain knows that a team with Lebron, Dwight and Rajon is going to be the winner. Especially since people are foisting championship potential on them and it's probably not there. I think there is the potential they don't even make the playoffs. And it'll be a real **** show if that happens.

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year. I wish they did a reality tv show covering the Lakers. Last year adding Rondo, McGee, Stephens and Beasley would have been so ridiculous but this year they just swapped out Stephens and Beasley with Dwight and I bet that's even better for eating popcorn. And of course the Magic Johnson drama. All of that. It's just a **** show over there.

#23 Williamson, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Gray_Jay likes this.
  4. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I wont cry about espn, but I will be a homer.

Killatron 2000 and vlaurelio like this.
  5. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

When its offseason for the NBA and got nothing new to discuss, this is whats expected from news media and for viewers to react. My suggestion, stay away from the noise unless you actually enjoy it.

kjayp likes this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

We have a coach at the end of his contract, holes in our roster that can’t be fixed, two stat driven players that are very successful but both are very ball dominate, the owner is more than budget conscious, and the average age of the rotation is 30+. I hope it all goes right and we win a championship, but can see the other prospective, too.
    Go Rockets!

kjayp and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

One of the stupidest things i've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of stupid ****.

8. MystikArkitect

The Rockets have consistently jettisoned turmoil for a few years now. Howard, Asik, Anderson and Paul.

Just gotta trade Tillman or let him walk after his contract expires.

9. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Umm...you realize there can be votes other than 1st place votes, right?

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yall are all defensive about this (predictable), but you're talking about the team that already had the most turmoil over the past few months. It's been a mess. What'd you expect?

kjayp likes this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess that's why our Wins Total is 2nd highest in the West.

#31 Plowman, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I mean it's not entirely off base. If the Rockets get off to a shaky start like last season, we might have some drama. Personally, I think Russ will be a good, but who knows.

That said, ditto on Lakers, health is a major concern considering LeBron's age and AD's injury history.
    The rest of them teams...who cares.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Harden always been driven to win as much games for the rockets

And westbrook proved last year that he can sacrifice his scoring stas for the team

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

By taking +20 shots a game still? His scoring numbers were down bc his efficiency goes down bc he can’t shoot. Couple that with being worse at the line. So it’s not exactly sacrificing scoring stats. It’s more of him just being so inefficient which has gotten worse in recent years. The volume is still very much there. He’s taking the shots. Just not making them

15. fattz

fattz Member

I am hoping it works, hell I want it work in the worst of ways. Both Harden and Westbrook want a championship, I fell they will work it out and contend for one. Most can see the conflict no matter the intention because the playing styles will struggle before finding harmony. As a reporter they are paid to say something so they look for something to talk about. Negativity sells and someone needs to be the bad guy. Heroes are only as good as their villains.

16. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Westbrook will thrive in Antoni's offense, I can feel it in my plums

17. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

How many chips do we have in last 25 years?
    Lawson
    Lin
    Dwert
    Paul all had turmoilish ****

McHale turmolish departure
    MDA contract was...is still turmoilish

Jeff B turmoilish departure.

Media narritive. Got it.

kjayp likes this.
  18. alethios

alethios Member

I would say the Knicks and the Lakers pretty much own turmoil. We shouldn't be in the same conversation as them. We're definitely not deserving of the number one spot.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Team ESPN can kiss my ***

Lawlruschang likes this.
  20. DreamQuake

DreamQuake Member

I feel like the warriors should have made the list maybe not number one but they should be mentioned just because of their turn over. If russel doesn’t pan out or Seth gets hurt from playing more and harder min or draymon doesn’t fix his jump shot. I feel like anyone of those things could happen and maybe more than one. With all their talking about how they are still going to the finals if they don’t make the playoffs friendships maybe tested. Who know who maybe cheating on their wife on that team? Russel will let us know.

vlaurelio likes this.