1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] [Narratives] MVP Forecast for 2019-2020 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe its because the rockets aren't predicted to be a top team?

Oh wait...

D-rock likes this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if Harden didn't win MVP averaging 36ppg on a top 4 team, then he won't win another MVP ever again unless we win 70 games.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"70 still not as good as 73. we need to reward steph for his body of work over his career. i really feel that steph deserves it this year, carrying that team to 49 wins"

D-rock, BigShasta and amaru like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Too bad Harden and Morey care too much about this more than being top seed.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't think harden cares about mvp more than winning. but he probably does care about mvp more than he should

morey seems to just be doing whatever he has to in order to keep his job and stay in his comfort zone, since the team got sold

tilman definitely cares about his bottomline more than the top seed

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

ESPN sucks so damn hard. If they were a replicant, I'd come out of retirement and take them out.

D-rock, DreamShook, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, in Mingus's defense, he's not even a year old yet. I wasn't very smart at that age, either.

BamBam likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

I get that, but I was thinking maybe Harden's insane year would make some percentage of the morons re-think their talking points. "Only scores on free throws" in particular. Color me wrong AF.

PlayBall likes this.
  9. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Shooting 25% more free throws than anybody else in the league probably didn't help that perception either.

topfive likes this.
  10. WestendMassive

MVP voting has to be taken away from these clowns. They use it to pat themselves on the back about how smart their predictions were - it is not a measure of the most valuable player in any way, shape or form:

D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

Definitely bias against his style of play. That’s what you get when there really isn’t an objective measurement for MVP

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Harden is a long shot with Westbrook handling the ball. Maybe if Westbrook gets injured, otherwise I don’t see it.

Giannis and Curry are the most probable, given the make up of their teams. The list looks petty sensible to me.

DreamQuake likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That list is a joke , they put 4 dudes on there that will play ~60 games each and another in Curry who will take a bunch of games off too.

You aint no MVP if you take 20 games off …

Of the list above , Giannis and Jokic are the only legit MVP candidates.

I don't expect Harden to win it but I do expect him to play his normal 79ish games and put up 30/5/6.

14. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

No real splash here -- but it just hit me that none of these ESPN opinions actually talk about who is good at basketball.

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Honestly if anyone other the joker or Mitchell maybe...but I'm thinking the joker win it it's a joke. Cause I already know that they gonna say harden cant win it next to russell. So that should also exclude any other big duo. If I was a betting man I would put it on joker...

16. JW86

JW86 Member

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i stopped at "espn panel of experts..."

Deckard likes this.
  18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Whats funny is that the Rockets can be the #1 seed and Harden average 33 ppg and this is what will be said:

"How can you even give him the MVP? He scored more last year and didn't win it. So we're going give it to him when he did less? Yeah they were the #1 seed? How much of that was actually him though and not westbrook? Think about it - they were the 4 seed last season and what happened to have them be the #1 seed this season? Westbrook coming on board and lets not forget its not like he got the #1 seed with a fully healthy Golden State team with KD and all. There wasn't a dominant team this season with the fall of the GS dynasty in the west."

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

"And yet Steph Curry led the Warriors to a 47-win season with no help at all (other than former DPOY Draymond Green). There's your MVP."

20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This won't fix anything. The media hates Harden plain and simple. They always will. Harden and the Rockets should just focus on winning titles and actually do it and the NBA can shove it up their azz. Narratives don't matter, history does. That's the only reward anyone gets. Burn their hopes and dreams to ashes and put them in the grave.

lilbird20 likes this.