1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does this trade reflect badly on the organization?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BeardNation13, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you think the Rockets did CP3 bad?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2019.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

113 vote(s)
    68.9%
  3. I don't care - Jerry Lin is a NBA Champion

17 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Les > Tilman

7 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JW86

JW86 Member

No, Rockets will be seen in a good light considering Westbrook wanted to come here, Harden wanted the reunion and they made it happen even though Morey clearly has doubts. CP3 wanting out makes it a win-win and the contract we gave him was the ultimate respect so no.

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That's a big stretch.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I always tell fans, “don’t listen to owners/GM’s/coaches.”

They often have to wear many caps: GM-coach-owner-PR rep-marketers

“We have our starting 5”

“CP3 will be with our team for this season”

All teams cover their ______. Followed by damage control.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Maybe. But maybe not. I ain't worried about it.

5. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

While I don't necessarily think it's going to reflect badly on the organization, I have questions about the fit of Westbrook and harden. That said, they're good friends who are --hopefully-- going to put in the time to make it work. I hope Westbrook can curb some of his more gun-slingy tendencies, because if he does, his fire and passion will definitely rub off on the team. CP3 was fiery too, but Westbrook is on a whole other level of crazy. Both to the benefit and detriment of the teams that he's on.

I'll miss Chris and Cliff Paul, but I can't say that nothing is happening any more. Sh*t's happening.

EDIT: I also hope that our front office will stop making promises that they don't keep. They have a nasty habit of that. Makes the organization look kind of bad. Otherwise, F I R E W O R K S

Also, I don't mean to be an ass (which means I'm about to be an ass) but isn't this like the 1000th thread that OP has posted in the last few days or something? Lets tone it down a bit. Just a bit.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

"We had a chance to acquire a MVP type player (that I probably trashed 2 years ago) and we couldn't pass on it. We wish Chris all the best. Even though he was only here for 2 years, we are going to retire his number like the Warriors did for Durant."

;)

Rasheed and BigShasta like this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

hell no, we paid him big time... actually paid him more than Harden.

Also, many other teams do the same or worse but no one calls them out. For example the Clippers signed Blake to the supermax and traded him to Pistons.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

To be fair, 1) Morey said that before Paul George ended up in LA with Kawhi, and 2) I'm pretty sure this was facilitated by Harden, not Morey.

When he said that, he truly believed it... but then PG ends up in LA, Harden decides he wants to team up with Westbrook, and Morey makes it happen.

Fulfilling your star player's wish should never look bad on an organization (much like OKC fulfilling Westbrook's wish here).

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thank you for telling fans that.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, we are desperate and instead of planning are thrashing about star ****ing instead of building a team to win.

DD

BeardNation13 likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, as I suspect, the banana boat bros are all going to trash this organization behind the scenes, Lebron already did so publicly when we were eliminated lol...but whatever. Melo is out of the league, Wade is now retired, CP3 is washed, and Lebron is the only one relevant now. Their time has passed.

13. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

I think this reflects badly on CP3 not living up to his contract. We even had to give up multiple picks to get rid of the contract.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

They won't be able to say a damn word. CP3 didn't get what he wanted in New Orleans so he forced his way out. LeBron didnt get what he wanted in Cleveland so he went to Miami. CP3 didnt get what he wanted from the Clippers so he forced his way out. LeBron didnt get what he wanted in Cleveland again, so he went to LA. Dwyane Wade has pretty much always gotten what he wanted.

The Rockets were giving Harden what he wanted... so if CP3 and LeBron want to complain about it, they can shove it because that's exactly what they have wanted their whole career.

And judging from Eric Gordon's comments a few days ago about always knowing where he stands, I wouldnt be surprised if Morey was keeping Chris Paul updated at all times.

RayRay10 and JayGoogle like this.
  15. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

We Pay you Play... he know the business Let's Go Rockets Ever.......

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, Lebron more than anyone has created and encouraged this atmosphere in the NBA where players no longer have loyalties to teams anymore and teams no longer have loyalties to players.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Your welcome.

You would be amazed how many knuckleheads say, "well the GM said this."

Or the coach said, "that."

Who gives a f*** what they say, read between the lines.

You were probably one of them. It's call Coach-speak....or GM-talk. Often with forked tongue.
    Every franchise has it smart guy.

DaDakota likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

U can easily sell a CP0 for Russ trade to the fanbase.

He won the MVP just a few years ago, has averaged a triple double for 3 straight seasons, and is very close with Harden. CP0 was declining heavy, and the Rockets were getting further and further away from their goal of winning a championship.

many will buy the justification for this trade

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

CP3 would prefer to be traded to the Miami Heat rather than OKC.

Or LA.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Considering the troll choices, this is DEFINITELY not an honest thread, just a troll one.