1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Kevin Love has been added on Rockets list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 16, 2019.

1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i mean if we got love for cheap i wouldnt mind. i think itd definitely be better than coming up empty handed

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

Love sucks. He’s a defensive liability, would much rather just play Tucker instead.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  3. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

That’s what he gets for not working on his game after getting his payday. Maybe that would wake him up.

Bengchu likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

After only a buyout.

Scarface, RocketOrg, sammy and 2 others like this.
  5. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

If we strike out on Butler, Love would be a desperate mistake in my opinion. Do not want anything to do with him.

Would rather go into next season with the same starting lineup than give up Capela for a washed up/overpaid Love.

6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

even on a shitty team love averaged 17 pts... 11 reb... 2 ast... .361 3pt%... 27 avg min

thats not bad for a guy thats the same age as harden. like i said, i wouldnt mind if he was our last resort

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

So the Eric + Nene + NG is off the table. But please, don't doubt that Love could fit here. We'd need more than Love to really compete because now we'd have to send Eric and Capela (I believe) to make it work financially with Nene opting out.

If @Codman is accurate on JB, then Boston could be the third team in a Love deal and we could end up with a team of. We may even be able to get more than this in a trade to help with our depth. Boston would have to get rid of more than Brown to make the money work and Smart is the easy plug in, but definitely would require some additional assets going to Boston. This is the framework of said deal and maybe Smart and Williams coming here would be the better package for us, I'm not sure.

https://tradenba.com/players?tid=11&tid=2&tid=6

CP3
    Harden
    Brown / House
    PJ
    Love / MLE Center??

8. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

This. If he’s bought out then it makes sense; otherwise he’s way too injury prone and likely to not be available for much playing time.

Btw, Love played in only 22 games last year following a foot injury and has missed more than 20 games the last 3 seasons. This guy is more injury prone than CP3. He also has 4 more years left on a big contract, similar to CP3. Seriously, if Morey trades anyone away for him then he needs to be fired immediately.

#448 RocketOrg, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    saleem likes this.
  9. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Watch out for Blazers in regards to K-Love. Cleveland wants young players and assets in addition to salary matching. Not sure the Rockets are going to meet Cavs needs there. Blazers would likely send Harkless, Leonard, Collins (whom a lot of guys around the league value), and a pick.. maybe even two.

xiki, dmoneybangbang and amaru like this.
  10. seeingred

seeingred Member

Well to me the big question is: do we still need to beat the warriors? We went to a switching defense with PJ at the 4 for that reason. Kevin love can't do what PJ does at the 4 and can't defend the rim, catch alley oops, or switch on on the perimeter like Clint at the 5.

Love only makes sense to me as a stretch 4 who will shore up our defensive rebounding. It may also necessitate giving up the switching - he can't shore up our defensive rebounding while he's isolated on the 3 pt line.

It would require a real change in scheme and philosophy for this to work. I just can't see it.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’d rather have Capela than Kevin Love...I hope this thread gets a quick death

luckyman76, BigMaloe, D-rock and 10 others like this.
  12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

The shittier the team the more you should be averaging.

For example, Mike James(who) averaged over 20 with Toronto lol

Look at all the philly scrubs when they were tanking who were averaging a ton of points and numbers but were mediocre players at best.

The fact that those are his numbers on the Cavs nowadays is a even bigger red flag than having watched the Cavs bench Love consistently in the 4th in the finals against the Warriors so they could compete due to Love being such a liability on the defensive end of the floor.

tc0330 likes this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Bump.....im ready for Kevin love now lol

tc0330 likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

@cyberx
    @Codman

The perfect FIT for this team

Cp3
    Harden
    Tucker
    Love
    Looney

Gordon

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

If we get Love, Gordon is gone too.

Are we really better with Love and Looney/McGee over Capela and Gordon? I don't really think so, but that's just me.

I think if we want to make a trade no matter what, i'd rather explore trades with Boston, like Capela and Gordon for Hayward and Brown.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

It was always Love

tc0330 and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It must have been Love.

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We would be significantly worse if we lost both Capela and Gordon to get Love and Looney/McGee.

Vivi and YOLO like this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I don’t think Gordon would be traded along with CC if we acquired Love.

20. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Love is not the answer. #HATE