1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windhorst: “I’m hearing rumblings about Jimmy getting back to Houston”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 21, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not really afraid to disappointed. It's going to happen.

2. amaru

amaru Member

I got a feeling a lot of well-meaning hopeful fans are going to be very disappointed in a few days.

3. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Im wondering What Harden been up to, Hes been MIA on social media since april.

RichieBanks likes this.
  4. nsng20

nsng20 Member

He will only sign for Max and he is definitely not Max worthy. Locker room disaster with harden. Don't want no more divas

5. nsng20

nsng20 Member

Butler is a smart guy. HeaH probably using rockets as leverage to get a max contract elsewhere.

kjayp likes this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

not when all we do is get taxed, it's like an annual thing... Hahaha, eventually it breaks you, just don't go full crazy and hate the team though.

I mean it'd be awesome if Butler comes here... But I need to see the ink starting to dry (after the trade) before I'm going to get excited. Too many times now, easier to not get worked up etc.

Corrosion and kjayp like this.
  7. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

so whats plan B? demarre carroll all along..

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If the Warriors can do Cousins, Klay, Draymond, KD and Curry in 1 year. We can do it too, if we can sign Jimmeh to 1 year contract.

D-rock likes this.
  9. tc0330

tc0330 Member

man i hope we gotta better plan b than that.

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  10. defyoppression

The most telling thing to me is that Morey keeps saying in these interviews that their starting 5 is coming back. It makes me believe that, for him, the realistic move is adding a mle-type player. He may want Butler all he wants but it will require too many things going his way for it to happen. That just doesn’t happen in the NBA, for any team.

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

He'll show up next week for his runner up MVP and we'll talk about how fat he's gotten...

amaru likes this.
  12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He will be in Manila next week. Sure that will be all over social media

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

To be fair we don’t know there is commitment from both sides, Stephen A said they were talking but that dude says a lot of things. Windhorst cant speak for Jimmys camp. But I guess that’s a moot argument, because no one really knows anything except Jimmy. It just comes down to what each person chooses to believe.

Me personally, I don’t see him forcing a trade here for a number of reasons. I think he won’t risk missing out on signing a long big contract now; too much risk involved no matter the promises. If Houston had max cap space to sign him outright I’d think we’d have a chance, but the whole “Trade me to them or I sign with LA” ultimatum seems far fetched. And if he doesn’t re-up for the security I could see him picking one of the biggest markets for a nice contract.

But again, that’s what I think based on nothing because I have no reason to take the word of any media member or source anymore. I know nothing more or less than anyone else on here.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Jimmy Butler goes elsewhere, it proves that we are right about Tilman's failure.

If Jimmy Butler signs with the Rockets, it proves that we have successfully pressured Tilman into doing something.

BTW, the podcast that the quote comes from is here: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=27024883

Worth a listen. The Rockets part starts around 30:00.

#134 Carl Herrera, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    amaru and luckyman76 like this.
  15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Lol

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

True story. I ran into Carroll when I was staying at the Wynn for my brothers bachelor party not too long ago. He walked into the sports book during Game 3 of our series against the Warriors (though he didn’t seem to care much for the game). He was at the high roller table when we walked by him before the club and my bro got a photo with him (which was the first time I yelled at him to sign with Houston next year.) And he walked by while me and my buddy were chilling in the lobby end of night when I told him again to sign with us, “they need a 3 and D guy”

Edit: he had a lot of gold on. And weird leather pants

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That’s what I think. He just wants to make sure that 5 year is offered 12:00 am first day, no messing around.

18. seeingred

seeingred Member

Is Jimmy Butler really a max player? I'm a fan of his game, his story, his mindset. I think he's a great fit for us. And as desperate as we are to win a title during Harden's prime, I think he's worth the max *to us*.

But if we weren't up against It, would you sign him to a max deal? Or is he just a solid 2 way player?

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

To clarify: I'm not afraid to be disappointed in general, in life. I'm not saying that the Butler trade is going to happen.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Walked by him in Vegas during MDW. He looked the same.

don grahamleone likes this.