1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I finally understand why Warriors fans hate Harden so much

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shocky2002, May 18, 2019.

1. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

If you believe this, you're insane. Giannis right now. You hear how many teams are hating on him? Tim Duncan back in the day? It has nothing to do with their fans are afraid of us. And if you didn't notice. You wrote "us" instead of "James Harden." Cause that's what the OP is writing about. Maybe you have some insecurities yourself?

Anyways, the answer is fans hate James Harden cause he plays a crappy brand of basketball. If you want the 100% truth, that my brother, IS the truth. No real fan here will tell you they'd rather watch Harden than Curry. I'm sure some will lie and say Harden, but come now. Curry and the Warriors in general play a better brand of basketball.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Those of us who don't live in Houston have known this for a long time. No one outside of the Rockets fanbase likes Harden and therefore the Houston Rockets. Harden is just not a fun guy to watch and he did use to flop (not as much anymore). A lot more non-Houston casual fans root for the Rockets during the Yao-McGrady era than the Harden era because Yao was a very likable guy and TMac was fun to watch at his prime.

It doesn't help that we also got Chris Paul who is hated by a lot of people. Be honest, didn't you hate him before he joined us?

napalm06 and bullman0036 like this.
  3. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

I didn't want to go there, but what @Easy said is pure facts. Nobody likes Chris Paul. And hell, most don't like James Harden. It's not some conspiracy that Silver wants Curry or the Warriors to be the poster child of the NBA. Any levelheaded person would see why James Harden isn't a good fit for that. A guy who flops, draws fouls, and occasionally hits long threes isn't a poster boy make. Simple as that.

Easy likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I was a big Chris Paul fan before he joined the Rockets, and I still am.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

This is a very honest take. On top of this - heavy reliance on ISOs, plus loads of FTs and 3s (albeit efficient) are too extreme for casual fans. They don't understand the analytics. It just looks boring to them and they are the easiest targets for lame narratives such as Harden is a ball hog, he's a flopper, he travels all the time and his efficency is low. No need to back it up because these fans don't care enough about NBA. They watch like 4-5 Rockets games a season. Unfortunately, most fans are like that.

Easy likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ummm, tons of people hate on Giannis, basically eastern teams fanbase hates on him. Celtics fans hate his guts for example.

I wrote US referring to the team. Calm down. The only insecure person here is someone assuming someone else is insecure because of a basketball opinion.

Plenty of people hated Kobe and Shaq, hate Lebron, HATED Jordan, it had nothing to do with 'How they play' but those people will tell you that.

In fact, Jordan is the perfect example. People hated him. Old school guys hated him. Everyone thought he was a ball hog ruining the sport.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

It's not a Warriors thing, outside of Houston fan base, no one likes Harden, everyone hates Paul.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i will take watching harden lobs beautifull passes dunks steback 3s skillfull dribbles puting ppl in popcorn machine and pretty moves and fancy handles any day over draymond green mugging people, igoudala hacking ppl and getting away with murder on d, while refs are swallowing the whistle, while dray is in their faces throwing fits and curry is chewing on the mouthpiece

my god noones game is prettier than hardens
    NOONE'S

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure about that. Jordan might indeed have ruined the sport. But he was, and still is, seen as the basketball god by most basketball fans. Yes, the fans of his rival teams may hate him. But they knew he was great. Same with LeBron. The difference with Harden is that people don't just hate him because he beats their teams. They hate him thinking that he isn't really that great a player.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's a combination of things, including:

- he plays at a really slow pace
    - his penchant for foul hunting
    - he dominates the ball in a way that is ugly to watch for purists who like ball movement and team work on offense
    - he often appears disengaged when the ball isn't in his hands

Easy likes this.
  11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's a ploy to use against the obvious officiating favoritism the Warriors get and nothing more.

12. kanariya

kanariya Member

my wife simply doesn't like his beard. :rolleyes:

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

I can't speak for all Warrior fans, but I think Harden is insanely talented and he should be the MVP this year, though the pundits seem to think Giannis will get it. Harden's ability to draw contact may not be the prettiest basketball play, but he is playing within the rules and there is no one better. His step-back three is a thing of beauty! This year he was unstoppable. Many people seem to think Harden is an ISO hog, but I disagree. I think he will play within whatever system his coach asks him to. If D'Antoni were to implement a motion offense, I think Harden would continue to be amazing.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What I'm saying is that Warrior fans, a lot of teams fans, hate Harden because he beats their team. Visit their forums or reddits after a game and see what they say about him. See what they say after they lose to a team like the Hawks vs a team like the Rockets.

Look at CP3s career, no one hated this guy when he was on the Hornets. As he got on better teams though the hate started to come about his flopping and him being annoying, dirty, etc.

Celtics fans, Detroit fans, will likely hate Giannis for the rest of his career just because of that one playoff series, playoff series does a lot to garner hate for players and Harden has been in a few. As for they don't think he's great, I think some do, some say things like "He's good enough without all the antics..." etc

Another good example of this is outside of the sport. Tom Brady. Basically every non-Patriot fan hates his guts. Even before the deflate gate...why is that?

15. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

Cause he's a douchebag. Sorry but that is also why many don't like CP3. He's a douchebag too. Don't care what people here think. Just calling a spade a spade. Look at Joe Montana. How many non-49ers fans hate his guts? Most don't hate him, and he was Tom Brady before Tom Brady.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you want a good example, why don't you look at Tim Duncan. I don't know many Duncan haters because there isn't much to hate about him other than being a great player and winning multiple championships. People hate Bruce Bowen because he's a dirty player, not because he's on a winning team.

I don't deny that winning has something to do with being hated by your rival teams' fans. But the root of a player being hated is mostly because of the perception of how he carries himself on and off the court. Whether the perception is fair or not is another story.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved Montana back in the day. I loved Elway too. I always hated Aikman though, just because he was a Cowboy.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. I know a lot of women who find those big old beards gross. Kinda like armpit hair on women. Different strokes for different folks.

19. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Chris Paul's State Farm commercials make him likable.

Harden doesn't have that likability factor. He's got that same expressionless look on his face all the time.

20. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I just hope GS beats the crap out of Milwaukee. If that happens, then no one can really say the Rockets choked. It will show that team is just that good and the Rockets pushed them hard.