1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Clint Capela trade-able and what can you get in return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, May 13, 2019.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with you, but that is the best offer we can put out there, adding Clark wouldn't be a bad idea either, but it's not likely to be enough.

2. BartBurton

BartBurton Member

Wizards??? Don't they have D12? I don't see them taking CC. Unless they want to send D12 along with Beal for CC, D12 is on his final year on a 5.6 Mil year.

I say the rockets show CC the door. He can be really good against other teams ( like the wolves) but what the team needs is someone that can be really good against the dubs, CC has shown he's not that player.

3. saleem

Sure, they have that. Capela isn't the kind of guy that is worth a high pick plus a good player though. I believe even if he wasn't fighting coming back from illness, Draymond would have dispatched him easily.
    It's all about matchups.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It wouldn't be close to enough, honestly.

Look at the Wizards lineup after doing a move like that. It's insanely bad.

And of course beyond that they'll get better offers.

saleem likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

@saleem as for the teams i named, i think at least some of them have some interesting pieces:

Atlanta - Mavs pick, Spellman (i like him and they have Collins ahead of him anyway), Bazemore ok if he's in to match salaries
    Washington - Beal
    Charlotte - pick/s, Bridges
    Cleveland - pick/s
    Dallas - they have nothing good left to trade
    NOLA - pick/s, Moore
    San Antonio - pick/s
    Sacramento - pick/s, Cauley, Giles, Bogdanovic, Bjelica
    Pistons - Drummond (although i don't like him, he's much stronger and better than Clint as a rebounder, but he's also a soft and mentally closer to Dwight so...)

6. saleem

My guess is that, they will want to move D12. CC is indeed a weak spot against the Dubs.

7. saleem

How high is the Mavs pick?

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dwight opted in to his 5.6M option, he's done.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

9th on paper

The Hawks have also OKC 2020/21 pick i think...but if i'm not wrong that's lottery or top 18/20 protected so...

10. BartBurton

BartBurton Member

Call me crazy but I prefer D12 over CC vs GS ( salaries aside, which still works for us). In my dreams dwert learned his lesson and accepts the role he was meant to take along Harden :)

BTW, what do you mean he's done?? As a player or because the contract?

11. saleem

So, the Hawks could easily hold on to the potentially 9th pick and offer the the lottery protected OKC pick instead for Capela.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

If you like Dwight over Clint as a player fair, i guess, but he ruined the lockeroom here just like he did in L.A, Orlando and Atlanta because he doesn't play for the team, he plays for himself...now he's about to turn 34, had another bad injury to his back this season, opted in to get 5.6M which means he knew he was not going to get more than the minimum as a free agent...all things considered sounds like a done player to me.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

They could offer that, but i wouldn't trade Hartenstein for OKC 2020/21 top 18 protected pick lol

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

A bag of chips and a Snickers bar. Yes, he was that bad.

15. dmoneybangbang

Which is great way to cut off your nose to spite your face because a player is a bad match up against the best team ever assembled.

BMoney likes this.
  16. bevo202

bevo202 Member

Capelas problem is he’s paid the salary of the other skilled centers who can hit mid range and 3 pointers or dominate in the post. Pick and Roll catch a lob centers currently are most just young guys on cheap contracts. The league has to many unskilled big man floating around which is why his value to other teams isn’t very high.

17. dmoneybangbang

Clint should absolutely be on the trading block but our bench was supposed to be a strength that turned into a liability like our starting center position.

I think Clint is the easiest scapegoat after having a crap series but we got other problems.

18. dmoneybangbang

Clint is paid essentially what the market wants. Other centers may be able to space the floor but can they grab rebounds and play adequate defense?

We pay Clint to space the floor vertically, grab boards, and play our brand of defense. He does that well against 28 of the NBA teams.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Our system has stunted his development. All we ask him to do is set screens and catch lobs. He may be capable of more. But, we will probably never know.

20. bevo202

bevo202 Member

The league is moving towards having more skilled/versatile big men so why are we paying $90 mil to a big who isn’t very versatile ?