1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant Injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, May 8, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Or, if it's like every other injury "suffered" by GS this series, Durant will be magically okay by game 6.

2. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Well said. Capela looks like the worst center in the league and I have never seen anyone decline from one year as much as CP3 has. We definitely blew it tonight though. Refs screwed us in the first quarter but considering how we usually get screwed I thought they where pretty fair. They still made bad calls but not a 10 to 90 ratio like uaual.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

If that’s how you feel Junior

4. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I think it’s worse than a calf strain for 2 reasons.

1) It looked too much like an Achilles with the way he reacted and looked back to see who “kicked” him.

2) It if was just a strained calf, why would he not be right back out on the bench cheering them on for the rest of the game?

I think the Warriors were just saving the game by saying calf strain. They knew the announcement of a blown Achilles would suck all the energy out of Oracle and they were going to need every bit of it.

5. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

The basketball gods have a way of fixing what was previously wronged. Maybe this injury is like the CP last year. Bet you this will also be a grade 2 sprain and KD is out games 6 and 7.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like it...

7. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Won’t speculate until the full MRI is out.

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I know KD has long legs but how long is this dudes calf? Dude reached for an Achilles on an average person height.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let's hope so.

If KD doesn't play the Rockets will probably play down and think they can coast to victory.

11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

CP3 is why you don't give 35yr old guys 40 million a year. Father Time will always remain undefeated.

darksoul35 likes this.
  12. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

I have a feeling even with Durant out the spladh brothers will be imposing their will next game. Honestly when i saw durant injured i didnt have a good feeling either. I expected the splash brothers to take on the load and they delivered.

durvasa likes this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

it really does not matter. remember when kawhi leonard was out and we still lost a damn game 6 at home in embarrassing fashion ?

all these minutes we are playing james is catching up to us.

PeterKingX likes this.
  14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Wish him well.

mikol13 and durvasa like this.
  15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

16. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

Despite the many people saying that Durant going to the Warriors was ridiculous because they did not need him, I think that without Durant the Warriors would not have won the last two championships--it would have been Cleveland in 2017 and Houston in 2018. Without Durant for the rest of this series I fully expect that Houston will likely go to (and win) the Conference Finals. While I will be sad, it will not be all bad--I think Harden is amazing and deserves the MVP, so it would be great to see him outperform Antetokounmpo in the Fnals--that way, even if Antetokounmpo gets the MVP, people will still know who the better player is.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

We also know we have to play way better to be alive in the series. Hehe, we are on the desperation higher ground Klay.

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This.

We just choked many big games

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe. The Warriors would have still been preseason favorites. With Durant, they probably were favored ahead of the field.

I support any player's free agency decisions. Durant wanted to play on a great team, and that's his right. I don't really blame him, or the Warriors for that matter. The league needs to figure out how to deincentivize the formation of superteams. One simple idea that might help would be to cap the number of all-stars a team can have to 2.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Unless the team produces them itself. You have 2 already and draft a kid who turns out to be amazing, and an All Star in a couple of years. Can’t penalize a team for that, or if a team trades for a player who isn’t an All Star, but becomes one. We have a perfect example of that. James Harden. I’m afraid your idea is simply too complicated. Good try, though, durvasa.

Roxs-Redemption and mikol13 like this.