1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs for tonights game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, May 8, 2019.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I thought I said hands you dumb ass jack ass :confused:

#21 Roc Paint, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

It's in the stats and if you're betting... Rockets +6 seems really good.

Regardless, the Rockets must show up to play and approach it like Game 7 because based on how we've played and the crew tonight could spell 3-2 lead.

Voltik likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

The short answer is, I don't know.

What I do know is that Harden and Paul both are quite capable of selling fouls is whistles are being blown.

The key for the Rockets is to assess the style of play allowed by the crew and to adapt.

The Rockets have shown that they can win a big game with either style.

All I am saying is that while Kerr may want KD and Curry and Klay to be officiated differently.......... that likely means that Harden will also be officiated differently, and that could come back to haunt the Warriors if Harden is dropping 45-50 points with efficiency.... especially if the Warriors get in foul trouble, their bench is weak.

4. SemisolidSnake

Don't bump into Ken Mauer. His undead arm might fall off, and you'd probably get T-ed up. (Of course, it would be hard for him to call it with one arm, but better to be safe than sorry.)

5. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I can't stand Mauer... that's the ref I hate the most. He took the throne after Joey Crawford retired... f*** Crawford lol

Voltik likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

You guys should book a safari in Africa and hunt zebras

MiddleMan and Deckard like this.
  7. Voltik

Voltik Member

After watching the Worriers and Rockets series these past 2 years, the only Game that will be called fairly is Game 2. The trend has been to slightly favor the Worriers or just blantly do it to bring them back in game where Rockets players get a mental block (ref: Game 6 and 7 last year and Game 2 this year). Every game besides G2, favors the Worriers on missed calls or called ones. I go into these games expecting these calls or non calls favoring Worriers and still blown away by how obvious they make it seem and it’s going to get worse until someone in the media calls it out like Game 1.

pippendagimp likes this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Keep an eye on Mauer..... he’s one of silvers assassins.....

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You did. Apologies.

I dont think you are the strongest of suitors to call anyone a dumbass, but I will regress.

Roc Paint likes this.
  10. univoftexasman

univoftexasman New Member

Don't forget about Kerr's run-in with Mauer earlier this year

Deckard and pippendagimp like this.
  11. Roc Paint

I heard you the first time

12. Voltik

Voltik Member

Yeah I was the same as you at one point with Crawford/Mauer until we stopped winning with Foster and Tony Brothers came out of nowhere these past few seasons.

I’m at a point in this series that all refs and the NBA in general replaced Crawford and Dick Bevetta (however you want to spell that name).

Louka likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Mauer is one of Silver's goons, but Rockets can get wins on Mauer.. To be fair, I also thought Zarba would give favorable calls to Harden because he did in the past and he had the worst reffing job in the history of sports game 1.

Voltik, Louka and waytookrzy079 like this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Ken Mauer missed a call in the final seconds when Harden went to the basket against Memphis Marc Gasol.
    Ken I think admitted to James I missed that call, James and Mauer are in good terms.

Chris Paul and Ken Mauer is 50-50

Ken Mauer vs Draymond, Kerr, Curry, Durant is a complete chaos.

MiddleMan likes this.
  15. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I just hope we don’t pull a Barcelona vs Liverpool series.

16. Voltik

Voltik Member

I think MDA had more justification in doing that Game 1 than Kerr. I was somewhat disspointed in MDA in post game and also during the game for not going berserk, espically knowing that we lost.

Hope Mauer remmmebers or someone shows that vid before game (non Rocket player of course).

17. Roc Paint

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Ken Mauer is better than Scott Foster, Tony Brothers. Scott listens to James and Scott responds in a neutral way.

The Rockets whole team need to stay focus, be tough, don't be argumentative, Chris Paul, P.J, Eric need to keep their emotions in check.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  19. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

This has to be an altered/edited video right? Cuz i thought Kerr said he and his team dont worry about the refs and just play? :rolleyes:

God I hope the Rockets can put an end to the fakest "dynasty" ever created.

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Mauer always calls the Rockets game fairly... CP3 needs to not be an as*hole tonight and everything will go well... but the Rockets wont put it in there hands.