1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/6/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2019.

1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Shout out to the posters who picked "Warriors in 4" and "Warriors in 5"

Hope that crow tastes good.....

Remlap, mikol13, lionaire and 5 others like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Jazz guy is amazingly likable and GREAT at what he does!

4. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

Really good game! Whatever happens in this series, I really hope that Harden wins the MVP--he is really amazing!

Remlap and HP3 like this.
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Barkley needs to retire. He adds nothing to broadcasts anymore.

Remlap and Rocket River like this.
  6. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

forgot to mention the CLEAR AS DAY moving screen from donkey to get that wide open 3

Remlap, Voltik and pippendagimp like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

fukhead is just so very happy he gets game 6 money now :D

#TheBeard, rocketman84 and mikol13 like this.
  8. kevtse

kevtse Member

PJ Tucker needs to teach Capela how to play like a man

HP3 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

notice how the refs didnt want to punish him with a technical when he pushed cp3 looooog after the whistle....these refs are crooked and they fear draymond..
    draymond lovers
    anybody can be this good when the rules dont apply to you...and you are confident the refs are on your side
    80% of the game , any game really, is CONFIDENCE

DVauthrin, Remlap and Voltik like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its seemed like he said to himself ****it i am gonna hit the stepback 3s i dont mind if they undercut me or if i dont get the calls or i get injured

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how come he got away with the push on cp3 long after the whistle?
    how come its not an OBVIOUS TECHNICAL?!!

DVauthrin, mikol13 and Reeko like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

theres a reason why harden never won anything

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol the worriers got lucky almost 4 years in a row

14. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Rockets need to win Game 5 - see how the Worriers handle the pressure.

whiskeyred and mikol13 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Welcome back, mang!

[​IMG]

16. JW86

JW86 Member

I had a feeling we would win and that it would be close and come down to one possession, but man we need to take care of that defense. Some thoughts:

Harden carried us for most of the game, but that 4th quarter - in both home games - almost cost us. He needs to stop trying to do it all himself and going for the homerun step back three. CP3 came up big in the 4th alongside Tucker, which is a good sign. We know CP3 is not going to give us the type of numbers he did last year for several reasons, but give credit where credit is due. Some great defense at times, crisp passing, shot making and hustling. Tucker was again a monster and refused to give up when we continued to miss threes in the 4th. Capela also got after it tonight, some nice passing to 3pt shooters and challenging shots.

Rivers gives us a lift with his fearless play and Shumpert played okay, though I felt Green should've gotten one more stint. Nene same thing, he did well, but like last year in Game 4 we basically going with 7 guys. Hope those minutes won't catch up, but it's too late now to change MDA's mind. He might go with Green or Nene for limited minutes, but 7 is the magic number. We played good defense as a team and again the small ball payed off. We won the battle of the rebounds and just worked our tails off. Referees gave us some home calls like we're supposed to get and we got lucky one or two times on some of those drives. Gotta limit those, gave up way too many lay-ups by Green and beat in transition.

Harden was right in saying it's about the team who can make the least defensive mistakes. Both teams will cause the other to play bad at times and both will have good stretches so I don't want to hear anything about either team not having a perfect game yet, because that is just unlikely to happen. One key difference between last year and this year: last year when we lost at Oracle, we got beat pretty badly and did not have the confidence and determination at times that we do this year. It also helps that the Warriors have no big that's making an impact and basically no bench.

Harden has evolved, Rivers brings something no other guy has off the bench and Gordon starting makes a big difference since he's a very solid defender. We still have to see though about the referees, but it's good we got the bad game 1 since in game 2 we didn't complain as much. Have to maintain that now for game 5 and potentially game 7. Last year the refs did us dirty, but we also let them get out of our rhythm. Same in game 1, so have to learn from that. I think we have a very good chance to win game 5 since we're in their head. Klay going for 2 pointers instead of threes, Curry same thing and both committing and being called for fouls. Green is frustrated too.

As a team they are too focused on the referees. It's always been that way, they feel entitled, but nobody's buying that anymore. Everyone is tired of their whining and smug attitude. The narrative is shifting. Suddenly Curry does not get the benefit, neither does Klay. Finally people calling Curry in particular out on not showing up in big games and the injuries are much less talked about as the series progresses. If the referees call a fair game, then that's it for the Warriors. Last thing: as a team, it was good to see us mixing it up and this was mainly because of Harden, CP3 and Gordon. We attacked with all 3, let the guys go to work and it ended in some nice passes to Capela, Tucker, some threes, some nice drives.

BeBreezy, joshuaao, Voltik and 3 others like this.
  17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It ain't corny. It's cornea.

19. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

James has been improving his play with each game in the series. The best is yet to come.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hhahahaahahahah!