1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL

I googled this myself to see why people think this and it's a pretty popular online theory I guess.

But...

1) He rode a dead dragon that he reanimated, not a Targ trait
    2) Apparently people think he's a Targ because he was immune to fire, but this is not a Targ trait. Martin confirmed this was unique to Dany because of the blood magic, though he says she wouldn't be able to do it again and on the show she clearly has.

2. justtxyank

So I just re-watched this scene and it does sound like he's saying "Go, Go, Go" but where does he see her running towards the Godswood?

Falcons Talon likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

And the one where the Dragons torched the Lannisters.

4. justtxyank

"The one where the Dragons torch the Lannisters"

A Seinfeld version of a GoT Episode title!

That's gold, Buck! Gold!

Kim and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Wife and I re-watched last night. Again, very good in a lot of aspects but I completely understand the critiques. I'd change the following if I could go back and do so.

1. More development on NK story.
    2. Wights were too zombie-ish. Should have been more dead soldier-ish.
    3. White Walker Generals could have had some bad ass one on ones with our heroes.
    4. Dragon Queen gets naked, spreads eagle on film and then dies.

BigM likes this.
  6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

It must be the slightest eye contact to an off screen Arya, because I couldn't tell either. Also, the NK tilting his head slightly when standing before Bran means he realizes something is up, and was able to catch Arya mid air (although Arya yelling didn't help any, what asassin yells before a killshot?). Bran has greenseer power, probably foresaw all of this and it was dawning on NK something was up.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

1.Yeah the NK story or lack thereof is a disappointment for me.
    2. I’m ok with the Zombie like nature of the Wights but these dudes became sprinters all of a sudden which seems a bit out of character.
    3. Agreed. You have multiple heroes with “legendary” weaponry, let’s see them use it.
    4. Sold.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. justtxyank

By the way I'm an idiot and those are "Friends" styled titles not Seinfeld.

Kim and across110thstreet like this.
  9. justtxyank

Not getting a single white walker battle scene was really disappointing to me.

arkoe, Eric Riley, BigM and 3 others like this.
  10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I checked on my HBONow and it looks like the collar was full neck.

Attached Files:

#1010 Falcons Talon, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    donkeypunch likes this.
  11. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

But wait...If Dragon Fire didn't hurt the NK, why would a sword forged with Dragon fire affect him?

Invisible Fan and justtxyank like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, you'll have to be satisfied with the Hardhome white walker scene, featuring: hitting enemy with wrong end of weapon, and, my personal favorite, approaching stunned enemy very slowly.

Also, you can replay the white walker scream.

Invisible Fan and justtxyank like this.
  13. B-Bob

Also, why is nobody asking the following: isn't sex before a big battle a bad idea? (as in prize fighting) So the hero of the Battle of Winterfel is one of the few who got laid just hours before the attack? Come on.

14. Buck Turgidson

Yep, HS football coach had a no "funny business" (hey, it was a Baptist school) and no red meat edict for the day before a game.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Everyone posted pretty much the same thing, that they would sit down with Bran for hours and learn what he knows, and that did make me wonder, why would the Night King be any different. If I was the man on the tree, I might be wondering why the *uck are all these little people trying to kill me, and why the *uck did they turn me into this freak. Why me? And there is only one person who knows. I need to know. Find Bran.

Or, I would be thinking, they tried to kill me because I did so and so. And that would lead me to Bran so I could erase so and so from the records.

He did pull his blade on Bran, and Bran did say he wanted to erase everything, which indicates he probably did something so bad he wants it off the books. However, I think learning something about how the Starks betrayed him, and that's how he ended up on the tree, might be even more interesting. As in, he wasn't the mofo who was supposed to get killed.

16. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Read a couple of interesting theories:

-- NK was actually intending to remove his sword and kneel before Bran, his master
    -- Battle against Cersei won't be the big finale; the actual final battle will be Jon vs Dany

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's a myth.

A season or two ago, Tormund said something about how the best way to survive is to keep moving. "Walking is good. Fighting is better. ****ing is best." Arya did all three.

18. B-Bob

Are you pitting Tormund Giantsbane against @Buck Turgidson's football coach (and my basketball coach, TBH)? So... Westeros mythology versus Texas athletic mythology? :eek:

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

As a scientician, you should know by now that the sex bit has been proven a myth. Not that it has stopped various recent Olympians and others from believing it.

Howeeevah: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3219732/The-foods-destroy-libido-revealed.html

As a wise man once said..."****ing and fighting, it's all the same"

And frankly, if Coach Hall had access to giant's milk 25 years ago it would have been run through the school's water fountains and 7 of these wouldabeen full at every practice:

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  20. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I watched the scene again with close caption on, it displayed only the word (scream). Not go go go.