1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/28/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Caprah

Caprah Member

Go away troll

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

www.reddit.com/u/chode0311

That's my Reddit profile where I debate non Rocket fans about Harden. Now tell me I'm a Harden hater.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ouch. I’ve seen video of Silver and his wife watching games, and with all due respect to the lady, certainly a fine person, I’m sure, James can do a lot better. A lot better.

Zergling likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Didn’t you call harden faking injuries here a while back. Dude most of ur posts here are harden bashing. Again no one is accusing you of not being a fan of the rockets but it’s obvious you have an axe to grind. when it comes to James. This goes back over a longtime

5. fchowd0311

Yes I believe Harden is overly coddled on the GARM and most posters here are afraid to discuss his severe deficiencies and would rather have their sensibilities protected by just blaming everything outside of Harden's agency such as refs.

6. riko

riko Member

So do you think he was officiated fairly yesterday or not? Simple answer.

Deckard likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

I think yesterday was a small microcosm of Harden's playoff struggles. He didn't get the benefit of the call but other all time greats find other ways to score besides spamming a shot that they are shooting 30% from the entire playoffs hoping the refs blow the whistle.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'm pretty concerned about Chris Paul.

Was not exactly a difference maker against the Jazz (Rockets had a net rating of +1.2 when he was on the court and +17.2 when he was off) and he did not have a good Game 1 against the Warriors.

When you lose by basically a possession, he cannot miss THREE free throws. And just 4 assists and 5 turnovers? He actually had more TOs than Harden.

CP3 needs to step it up or else we're basically hoping Harden rescues us.

deb4rockets and Mr. Space City like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

He still scored 34 despite the missed calls so he can still score.Dont act like he is some scrub. Again you are dancing around the issue , was he officiated fairly or not? Don’t let you’re blind hate cloud you’re judgment

10. fchowd0311

With his absurd usage rate, he should be scoring 40. His playoff ts this seaaon is 52% which is below league average efficiency.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

On the other hand, I thought playing Shumpert was the right call, and he and Rivers should absorb all over Gerald Green's minutes.

He was a +3 in his 21 minutes against the Warriors, and in the Utah series, Rockets had a +11.6 net rating when he was on the court (4th best on the team). We were a -8.5 when Green was on the court on the other hand and that number probably dipped even more from Game 1.

With Capela and Nene not looking like either will fare well in this series, MDA needs to go full small ball with Faried or Tucker at the 5.

12. riko

riko Member

I asked you was he officiated fairly or not. Yes or not? I’m not sure why it’s hard to answer?

13. fchowd0311

For the first half, no but again Harden is the victim of the boy who cried wolf. He also spams the same innefficent shot over and over. Find other ways to score and not be dependent on the whistle. Other all time greats aren't so reliant on whistles and one or two go to moves.

14. riko

riko Member

Thanks that’s all i wanted to know. He wasn’t officiated fairly and you agreed.btw if he was given the fouls that even u agreed he was given he would have easily got over 40 points.

#3154 riko, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  15. Wylo

Wylo Member

What's really hurting Harden right now is that his ability to finish at the rim has declined quite a bit. There is no explosiveness to his drives anymore. Harden having no midrange or post-up game just make things much worse. Must diversify his offensive portfolio. This is not a small complaint at this point; it's literally improve your game or be severely limited one trick pony in the future.

cheke64 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

The ship has sailed in this for this post season. We can only pray that Harden extensively works on expanding his game in the off-season

17. Mr. Space City

He’s blowing it during those minutes where Harden goes to the bench. Those are crucial minutes where CP3 needs to takeover instead of waste possessions doing nothing, turning the ball over, and passing to guys that are inferior scorers.

CP3 is still a really good player but he looks to be declining. PPG is down in the playoffs vs last year. He’s not having those 25+ point games like he had last year. He looks to be struggling to get to 20 most nights. (5 25+ point games in the playoffs last year vs. 0 so far this year)

joshuaao, deb4rockets and Surfguy like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Aaaaand ignore. you could annoy other people with your stupidity :)

#3158 HP3, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

After the Warriors series, and in offseason. Does Tillman want to be a Champion, if yes go all out in Free Agents, especially Jimmy Butler. Clint Capela needs to be traded, hoping for Anthony Davis. Clint is a very flawed player, absolutely no post up game, especially against the Warriors, when James doesn't trust Clint especially against the Warriors.

Anthony Davis is a Shooter from 3 Point Range, has a post up game, a shot blocker. 1 flaw is his health.

20. threepointshot3

Fchowder the Yao/Lin fan hating on the beard again lol what’s new