1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz fans are circulating a doctored clip of Harden “Flopping” that’s going Viral #MediaConspiracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, Apr 21, 2019.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

True. If you guys noticed on every broadcast/sports talks/ESPN analysis they never give credit to harden or the rockets in general. After every game they point out what the other team did wrong when defending Jamea and what they need to do to defend him better, they never and I mean not a single time they never gave James or the rockets credit and praised them for their defense and their 2 blowouts in games 1 and 2 lol.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

...again.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I can understand the reaction having only seen the ESPN angle, but there are people on Twitter looking at the ATT angle and still arguing that A) there's no contact or B) he did get hit but the contact was minimal and he's clearly overreacting.

Okay, let's get a 230lb man to swing his elbow into your throat and we'll see how you react. He promises to do it lightly.

4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Pathetic team really, they have ONE guy who can shoot the ball and he bricks a wide open 3 to tie the game, and he is going to cry about it all off season and call his daddy Chris Paul AGAIN and call his other daddy James Harden AGAIN and ask for advice. Donovan is a good player, but at the end of the day he is not the second coming of D Wade, and he will be a fringe all star his entire career.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  5. dischead

dischead Member

Poor butt hurt jazz holes have to resort to this.. Pathetic

6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Someone post a clip of Eric supposedly fouling Donovan. That’s right he didn’t even get touch and it was in the last minute of the game.
    Then showed them how Rudy fouled Gordon and Harden. Oh and they called them blocks. Even the obvious fouls ppl kept saying Rudy didn’t fouled him. Smh

Mr. Space City and Voltik like this.
  7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Jazz fans complaining about flopping is rich. Also, every player in the league throws their head back when they get elbowed in the throat/face area, did he accentuate the contact? Yes he did, but unfortunately you need to do that or you won't get a call. Guys have tried to draw calls against Harden by doing this (even when there isn't any contact) all the damn time.

D-rock and Mr. Space City like this.
  8. Voltik

Voltik Member

Jazz as a team were flopping the whole game trying to get foul calls on Harden and Paul to take them out. They got those flop calls for majority of the game. Refs stopped those calls in the 4th qtr and the Jazz fans were butt hurt. They shouldn’t be complaining on a non call, where it’s obvious there was a foul. Most superstars and even players will get that call that they are calling a flop.

Pathetic Jazz fans.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

What was interesting last night was TNT advertising for tonight's game and the pbp guy doing the Thunder/Blazers games starts of saying "Giannis and the Bucks look to sweep the Pistons in their first round matchup tomorrow night! followed by rockets Jazz"

I mean he propped up the Bucks sweep and just glossed over that the Rockets have a chance to do the same against a significantly better team and a much tougher environment to play.

This clip is just absurd one of my friends after seeing the video Clutch put out said - well he didnt have to act all dramatic about it. I told him Joe Ingles is not a small man and he is a professional athlete who while running hits you with his elbow in one of the most sensitive parts of your body how do should someone react?

D-rock and Mr. Space City like this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Jazz fans are salty... nothing new.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

someone posted that friggin' clip on my facebook page last night, had to set them straight with Clutch's video but they're still gloating. b*stard! :mad:

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I would do a video on Rubio flopping but no one would care.

D-rock and justtxyank like this.
  13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Omg yes. I saw that and noticed that TNT clip last night and I was like man you know what maybe I am being extra, but I guess I wasn't the only one noticed.

Man one time I got hit in the Adam's apple and that hurts more than getting hit in your balls. Still I dont understand why people keep talking about it, there was clear contact in the throat area, even if he was being extra dramatic or not it's clear foul man just keep it moving.

14. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

wearing my harden jersey here in the office (in SLC) and all the jazz fans know its over. after stocktons 3, and the 07-08 game 7 loss at home - these last few seasons have been awesome ;)

guys like me who have been living here and talking **** for 22 years are one of the main reasons the jazz and their fans hate us so much. that and all the houston based exmormon community that has infiltrated this valley.

the fans here are totes jelly of Harden. reminder: the jazz's owner, wife of the late Larry Miller - had to ask the fans during a game this year to stop spewing their vitriol at opposing fans and players (after the westbrook ish). not surprised that hate is moving online.

Vivi and The_Yoyo like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The fact there is CLEAR evidence in the FULL VIDEO on a tweet and in the mentions the visual evidence is just discarded for a preconceived bias/narrative just says it all.

This is the WORLD in a macro sense we are living in. Reality does not matter. People just parrot their own *confirmation bias.* Facts be damned.

If you are a stubborn person that is not willing to *change your opinion* when *new evidence is provided* then you are part of the problem.

lilbird20 and kaleidosky like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

clutch citizen likes this.
  17. SemisolidSnake

Salt Fake City

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They can doctor all the videos they want. It’ll give Jazz fans something to watch when we watch our team in the next round

19. Dream McLandry

#confirmationbias

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Summary: Harden probably embellished (though we can't say with 100% certainty), but regardless, haters are running away with the "HAHAHA HE GOT ELBOWED BY A GHOST" nonsense.

There was obviously some amount of contact. Haters gon' hate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

skroodup25 likes this.