1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like Portland is trying to avoid okc so looks like we will be 3rd seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Why is that?? I believe our bench this year is way better than last year. Ariza was the only piece I believe was missed this year. Our second unit would dominate last years bench. Harden is better this year Capela is better this year CP3 is healthy the key is EG he can't go missing. Defensively we are better. The only area we struggle with is defensive rebounding and that is because Ariza was so long at the 3 he would get a lot of long rebounds. Again EG NEEDS to not go missing and play hard every time and we'll alright

Amel and Hakeemtheking like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Which is why I want Ego on bench and House to start.

DD

whiskeyred and mikol13 like this.
  3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

On the bright side, Tillman just improved his odds of saving that bonus money Capela was going to get for making the WCF.

4. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Honestly the team has been playing better down the stretch than any other time this season. The way the minutes have been managed leading to to the playoffs has been good.

They've got a great shot at knocking off Golden State, but we shall see.

5. 9baller

9baller Member

I like this matchup with the Jazz! I really thought we had OKC in the 1st round, until I saw Portland actually won, lol. Not afraid of the Warriors either..

pst257, Y2JT and Charles Jones like this.
  6. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

I agree but we aren't making millions of dollars coaching these guys. He gets lost with Harden on the court. I've observed he plays a lot better and get less frustrated with CP3 at the point and Harden on the bench. He seems automatic when CP hits him with the assist but shoots average when Harden dishes to him.

We need him though I would take EG over Ariza any day he just has to show up and just hoop

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

So Jazz, Warriors and I guess Nuggets.

3rd would have got us...OKC, Nuggets, Warriors..

I don't see the big deal. I would rather play Jazz first than OKC. And I don't think it's a big deal whether we play warriors or nuggets first.

Rocket River, smp and joshuaao like this.
  8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I’m hoping on the bright side Capela balls harder vs GS to get to the WCFs to get that $$.

9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I don’t want to hear nothing from Tilman. Harden saved his ass and this season by going on a historic run. The Rockets could have easily been a lottery team. You can’t go from a 65 win team and close to winning a championship to start cutting costs and picking cheap players that don’t fit the system.

Remember “run it back?”

Ok.........

DaDakota, Nook, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i hope he balls harder too to up his trade value this offseason

Rocket River and hakeem94 like this.
  11. bret_parrish

bret_parrish Member

This is a conspiracy, that's what this is. One big, damn conspiracy. And everyone was in on it. Denver, Portland, Minnesota, Sacramento, OKC - all formed a secret alliance to rig the playoff seedings, all were COLLUDING! The refs were in on it. Tillman was orchestrating the whole thing to save a few dollars to buy shrimp scampi!!! Trampy scampi. The Russians, Trump, and the entire state of Florida were somehow, inexplicably, in on it. May the ghost of Marvin 'good golf, good tennis' Zindler serve as special counsel and expose the SLIME IN THE MACHINE! May the law of karma rend its judgment (and that right soon) on all corrupted souls - first round exits for denver and portland, primarily. And, lastly, even if our foes are actually the BASKETBALL GODS and unlucky destiny, may the spirit of CLUTCH CITY and the HEART OF A CHAMPION help us prevail against all odds and reach THE SUMMIT (ahem, toyota center) of VICTORY.

And the people said, AMEN.

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

too bad kings wanted to avoid winning 40 games like the shitty franchise they are

izeroi and split41 like this.
  13. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

I am not sure why Portland wanted to win that game. They were swept by OKC. Obviously Jazz are a better opponent.

14. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

That's why he asked Morey to send Danuel House to G-league which cost us a few wins.

Nook likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahhaha!

16. TannerAdams

TannerAdams Member

Matchups and our success against them this year I was taking into account.

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So what happened? Did the Kings out tank them? They were up big.

18. izeroi

izeroi Member

Kings doing Kings things.

19. smp

smp Member

I don't get it either. I'm looking forward to seeing how that series plays out. I'm glad they did us a favor and moved us down to the 4th seed though!

I've been on board with hitting GS early in the playoffs since the season began. Their greatest advantage over us is depth of star players. They can withstand injuries to key players, we can't. So it only makes sense to take your shot at them sooner rather than later.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The kings decided to bench all their starters for the 2nd half. I guess they were trying to out tank the blazers? It made no sense. Its like who can tank the hardest.