1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, yeah, we definitely should stop trusting mainstream media.

From now on I get my news from Lauren Southern and Breitbart, that should do it!

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I'm simply reading and believe all trump tweets and statements. They have certainly been believable. And fox & friends, but not the fox news reporters... they have been suspect.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Stop watching and reading mainstream media does not mean you don't get real news. Reuters, and some of the AP isn't tainted... but I prefer the news reader segments every evening on PBS News Hour. PBS News Hour also airs/streams for free on YouTube every night.

They literally just read you the news, no talking heads, no slanting. The problem with MSNBC, Fox, CNN, Washington Post, New York Times, NPR, etc... is they are echo chambers. Most lean liberal, Fox obviously doesn't.

Falcons Talon and cml750 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

If you follow the right 25-50 people on twitter you can be far more informed on current events than watching the mainstream media. Experienced law clerks, who know how to read legal documents, can tell you much more than say John Brennan on whats going on with the DoJ.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then maybe you should try it.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Member

Lets agree to disagree. I do think there will be investigations into the roots of all of this and the investigation itself. There is already plenty of information out there showing the probable nefarious start of the Trump/Russia investigation. You can choose to ignore it if you want. Once the facts start coming out in the coming investigations perhaps you will change your mind.

8. NewRoxFan

I know... like all those sexy text messages between the lovely lisa page and the guy with that strange last name...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the combined legal expenses for all the people caught up in Mueller's dragnet must be in the tens of millions

[​IMG]

10. NewRoxFan

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Or maybe ... just maybe the Mueller report details precedent from the FBI to open the case. If only we knew of a way to see the full Mueller report to find out.

But please Trump... order a special counsel to investigate Comey and co. See how the politics of that decision end up for you. Not third world dictatorish at all.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Impeachment is only on the table if McConnell demands it.

Graham et al who wants to investigate the investigators may want to divert attention away from the differences in what Barr and Mueller end up publicly testifying to in Congress.

14. NewRoxFan

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

“While the report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

Spin cycle on overload...

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It was exoneration anyway.... that goes to show the pure hate put into it.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

18. NewRoxFan

That was the wording in barr's letter... are you accusing him of pure hate. Or Mueller, or ?

19. cml750

cml750 Member

A "source" with "direct knowledge"??? There have been a lot of "sources" leaking to the media for the last few years that have been completely debunked now that everyone knows the outcome.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I get that Trump is the white whale, but if Paul Manefort and Roger Stone die in jail, it is a win for America.

Rashmon and FranchiseBlade like this.