1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] FuboTV offers AT&T Sportsnet Southwest (Rockets & Astros)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac'n, Feb 7, 2019.

1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I know there's are already a few threads out there on this issue, but since it's not from Sling, DirecTV Now, or Playstation Vue, I felt it deserved it's own thread

https://m.chron.com/sports/article/...rS3hdFyNpN5G9eWyiKWSOzNnbccgPM-YhO5pdTF0soOtA

My Comcast contract ends next year and I'm so looking forward to using this as my new bargaining chip

heypartner likes this.
  2. duwende

duwende Member

I've been on PS Vue for the last year, and I've never looked back.
    Considered fuboTV before, but it doesn't have ESPN.
    I'll continue to get my Rockets game fixes on r/nbastreams

tmoney1101 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Is it available outside of Houston?

4. TMac'n

No ESPN (and if no TNT) would be a deal killer for me, since Rockets are a heavily nationally televised team. Especially come playoff time when almost all of the Rockets games are nationally televised only (except 1st round of im not mistaken)

5. TMac'n

I doubt it. Only solution would be to some how VPN using a Houston location

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nice! An option that's long overdue.

However based on previous business deals negotiated for distribution of Rockets games in the Houston area, I worry that the following will happen:
    • Somehow the service will soon be severely restricted within the Houston area
    • It will be revealed that we signed a very long term contract that is hard to get out of
    • This will result in a years-long lawsuit and no viable means for cable cutting Houstonians to watch the Rockets (sans nbastreams)

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Would have preferred it on something like YoutubeTV

xaos likes this.
  8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Sticking with PS Vue.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Fubo of all the OTT options out there, ridiculous. Houston has to rank high among the worst RSNs in the country.

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I was hoping DirectvNow or DAZN would pick it up. I'm Directv and have been reluctant to switch to Now because of the Rox. It's the only thing keeping my satellite dish up.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It’s $45 a month. Nice to have an option but cord cutting services are creeping up to pretty much cable prices. Looking forward to the “you’re paying too much for your streaming services” providers in a few years.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

So If I cut the cord I would be looking at;

$49.99 for this
    $13.00 Netflix
    $10.00 Prime
    $10.00 Spotify
    $10.00 Youtube TV/Red
    $11.99 Hulu
    $79.99 Internet
    $15.99 HBO Go

$200.96 not including router/modem.

I pay $192 for the premier tier of Xfinity with 400 mbps down, and that includes all fees. Add in Netflix, Spotify, Prime and Youtube Red and yes it's higher, but with all of the streaming services coming into play it's almost worth it not even cutting the cord any longer, plus the once awesome services now show nothing but crap. I have to scroll for it seems an hour to find one thing on Netflix worth watching, then I go to Prime and it's just movies that Netflix just had so the scrolling starts again. I also don't want to stream my TV from a Playstation or a phone, I'm old school and like my 19 voice remotes. Get off my lawn, cable owns me.

13. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I was going to say, seems expensive. I don't have all the streaming options (spotify, youtube red, etc.). I plan on just having netflix, prime, and maybe psvue or sling every now and then. Also my internet is only $50, so no cable still makes sense. But prices do seem to be going up.

14. TMac'n

Completely agree. My buddies up in DFW have PS Vue and they have Fox Sports SW. From what I've heard there are a few other streaming brands that offer Fox Sports SW in both San Antonio and DFW (excluding DirecTV now)

Why is AT&T Sportsnet not contacted with more carriers? Is this because of Rockets/Astros ownership decisions?

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I pay $100 a year for NBA League streaming. No need to pay $50 a month for this.

16. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Are you in the Houston area? How do you get around the blackout?

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Chromecast and Reddit streaming is the right way to do it.

ramotadab likes this.
  19. Roscoe Arbuckle

I have:

$5.00 VPN
    $0.00 Popcorn time
    $8.99 Netflix
    $7.99 DVD.com
    $12.00 Youtube premium
    $5.00 Comcast local
    $63.00 Internet
    Owl bar down the street for NBA/MLB games, but I typically don't care much about watching the games until the playoffs, and even then, I prefer to watch playoff games out, rather than at home.

So, $101.98/mo. and I watch pretty much everything but live sports with this.

BTW, do they do any Rox games these days on local UHF channels?

20. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

streaming services make ZERO sense unless you somehow have access to free internet.

I've crunched the numbers and basically can not see any argument from a Sports fan that cord cutting saves money for apples to apples content

marks0223 likes this.