1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One Trade For Us To Acquire AD

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Jan 30, 2019.

1. A00man

A00man Member

You forgot to throw in an iPad. Never fails.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Arent you the kid who made the thread yelling at the sky wanting Enes Kanter?

Yeah your opinion is noted lmao.

Zoplicone likes this.
  3. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

Can we sign DJ, add to Capela 's contract, and trade for Davis?

Asking for a friend.

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

This kid deleted my reply since i asked him why would Nets do this. It said reason for being deleted is " no put downs, he asked for opinions only" sorry for putting you down man, LMAO.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha.

First of all, kid, I don’t have the authority to delete someone’s post. So if a mod did it, he must have thought it was justifiable. Though I’m flattered you see me as someone with that authority.

Secondly, I asked for it to be deleted to try to have the thread stay consistent with the rules, in which the mod said he will delete it but there is no promise there won’t be other jackass posts (he never said “jackass” but hey, if you make things up, why not. When it was evident that wasn’t happening, we moved on. Certainly wasn’t expecting a mod to moderate a single thread with posters who can’t read.

Thirdly, at no point did I feel putdown or tell mod I was putdown. He clearly read the original post, and removed yours because it served no purpose in the thread. I even tagged you in my original post to edit your post with a better trade suggestion but you’re too busy thinking you matter.

Go ahead; carry on....kid

6. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Just like, to play devil's advocate for a moment: Let's say this happens. You have a lineup of roughly:
    CP3/Rivers
    Gordon/Green
    Tucker/House
    AD/Ennis
    Capela/Faried

The irony is that you have 3 former Pelicans as starters, and 4 as rotation players. Playing a twin tower lineup is a little old school for D'Antoni, but given that both are quick and switchy on defense, and has range and can handle on offense, and both can run the floor, it's not the worst idea. And if it is, you can go "small" with Tucker at 4 and AD at center. Then you can move the rest of your chips in and trade knight and a pick for kent bazemore, and sign one vet in the buyout market...it's not the worst idea lol, but definitely the most heartless. At some point it doesn't feel like it counts, right? Like, if Rockets traded their whole roster for Warriors whole roster, and then win championship, it would be pretty hollow right?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

it's all good homie, you don't have to explain i just didn't want to hurt you'er feelings lol.

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

*your

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

D-rock likes this.
  10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

CC/Gordon/2019 first/23 first/25 first/House for AD and Hill.

Sign DJ and Matthews.

11. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Don't go and report it now LMAO

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm wondering what they do want? If Anthony is forcing his way out they're going to get screwed in any trade.

IF he gets bought out, we could sign him sure, but then there's typically a grace period where you can't trade someone after a signing... which I have no idea of the rules around.

But then there's also the fact that Jordan and Capela are redundant players and neither replace the playmaking of Davis at all.

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

With the Lakers having a young decent core to trade for, i think the Rockets can take a bit of leverage away by taking on a contract that the Pelicans want to dump. Otherwise, it might be hard to beat what the Lakers and Raptors are willing to give up

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Wow. You’re super hurt about that eh?
    Dude. It wasn’t anything to do with you, I was trying to make the tread work. I accept it failed. Let it go.

15. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Unless NO really hates LA, it ain't happening. Even if it does by some chance, what are the odds that AD actually stays in Houston?

Getting AD is one thing, getting him to stay is another.

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Really? I agree it ain’t happening. I don’t think it would be that hard to get him to stay if it ever did. He likes James Harden, he can compete for championships, and the $$$$$. He says things like “it’s L.A. or nothing” but that’s cuz he doesn’t wanna move to Toronto or Milwaukee for a year.

17. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Don't think it's that easy, remember his agent is one of Lebron's best friends. He made that move for a reason.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No I get it. LA is definitely the place he prefers. But I don’t believe a player when he says it’s just one team. Neither should GMs. The Paul George LA hype was way bigger. Also...Super max with no income tax?

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

According to today's article, Lakers don't offer Zubac. They offer the rest of young players.
    You're right. Lakers are going to do nothing now. They could miss the playoffs due to injury.
    Lakers also would screw next season. No stars are going there.

Knicks fans think Knicks have traded KP for Durant and Irving.

20. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

In this case, I hope your right.