1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bradley Beal to Rockets makes A lot of sense but who is expendable?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman03, Jan 5, 2019.

?

Do the Rockets make a move before the trade deadline?

1. Yes

61 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Beal's defense and shooting have both fallen off considerably this season, but presumably that's because of the clusterf*** that is the Wizards right now... Assuming he can put himself back together in Houston, he'd be a nice upgrade over Gordon and/or House.

2. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I have a few reasons as to why LA wouldn’t trade for Beal.
    Beal is owed $25 mill this year, $27 mill next season, and $28 mill in year 3.
    LA is trying to have cap space next season for a max guy such as KD, AD, or Kawhi. Signing Beal will make that very hard.
    Yes you can trade for Beal and trade him next season but is that worth young assets such as Ingram, Hart, Lonzo and/or picks? Maybe or maybe not.
    With that said, now you look if HOU even has assests to trade for Beal.
    I’m 99.9% sure DM wants to keep EG and definitely due him a solid by not trading him to a bad team like WAS.
    You will have to part ways with Knight, MCW, Chriss, and 2 first rounders to even have a chance. The questions becomes, is the 2 first rounders worth it? I say sure.
    Than you have to look at what other options DM has.
    I know a guy by the name of Kevin Love who DM has been obsessed with since his UCLA days and even tried to trade for him when MIN made him available, I don’t see anything different this time.
    He could also be a lot cheaper to come by since CLE is probably looking for pick at more than anything. 2 first, Knight, Chriss, and MCW for Love is good.
    With that said I would move PJ to the 3 and Love to the 4 where he would stretch the floors great.

Great 5
    -Chris Paul
    -James Harden
    -PJ Tucker
    -Kevin Love
    -Clint Capela

Nasty Bench
    -Austin Rivers
    -Eric Gordon
    -Gerald Green
    -Danuel House
    -Nene

Unplayable/ Insurance
    -Gary Clark
    -James Ennis
    -Isaiah Hartestein

sungjina and Rocketman03 like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Good thing you dont make those decisions. This is forum for discussion after all, none of us decide anything.

You are vocal and prolific but annoying and negative as hell.

4. riko

riko Member

I’ll trade anyone not named Harden or Clint for Beale

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I really think we’re overrating how much 2 first rounders from us are worth, especially when we’re talking about getting a star in return which should ensure us great regular seasons the next few years.

We offered 4 first rounders! And a team preferred Covington and Saric. A lot of teams can offer a Covington and Saric if a star is available. And some are going to say that was just Thibs being Thibs .... still. That was 4. Two first rounders from us aren’t getting us s**t. Not Love and Not Beal

6. preacher

preacher New Member

Eric Gordon
    M. Chriss
    Carmelo Anthony
    Nene Hilario

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

A lot of NBA players to Rockets makes a lot of sense but who is expendable?

I.D.D.I.O.T.
    Random trade proposals don't deserve their own thread.

Also when on the main page, "Bradley Beal to Roc..."

Thread title should be changed IMO.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. preacher

preacher New Member

We need a ballhandler and score who can take the pressure off Harden in the playoffs. Beal is unquestionably one of the top SG in the NBA and I'm sure Washington will be bombarded with notable offers for his services.

9. preacher

preacher New Member

We need a ballhandler and scorer who can take the pressure off Harden in the playoffs. Beal is unquestionably one of the top SG in the NBA and I'm sure Washington will be bombarded with notable offers for his services.

10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Good thing many of you guys aren't GMs either. Otherwise, you'd be paying money for any scrub that becomes available out of desperation.

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If the Rockets were to get Beal, what is the starting lineup?

12. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Bradley Beal
    PJ Tucker
    Clint Capela

A very undersized starting 5 which is why I’m not too sold on Beal. I rather DM go after Love and fill a need rather than a want. Besides House has been holding down the 3 spot pretty damn well.
    I also wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised if DM is forced to include House in any trade moving forward just because he’s been so good for us in his starting role. Not to mention he’s young and can really shoot the ball.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL, I'm not the one with those kinds of pretensions.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Someone would reap the benefits of signing Austin.

15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

We aren't getting Beal. We aren't getting any young All stars. People need to stop dreaming with these ridiculous trade ideas. Our picks aren't worth ****. No matter how bad we've been, those picks aren't falling out of the 20-30 range. Here are the players drafted there last year: Josh Okogie, Grayson Allen, Chandler Hutchinson, Aaron Holiday, Anfernee Simons, Mo Wagner, Landry Shamet, Robert Williams, Jacob Evans, Dzanan Musa, Omari Spellman. Here are the guys from the year before: Harry Giles, Terence Fergus on, Jarrett Allen, OG Anunoby, Tyler Lyndon, Anzejs Pasecniks, Caleb Swannigan, Kuzma, Tony Bradley, Derrick White.

How many from there are future all stars? Probably 0 (Kuzma is overrated as hell). How many are even gonna be long term starters? Face the facts people we don't have assets. Our picks suck. Our players either suck or are old. We can't trade for really good players. Settle for old role players. We don't have a shot at these big names. Learn to temper your expectations.

16. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

We aren't getting Beal. We aren't getting any young All stars. People need to stop dreaming with these ridiculous trade ideas. Our picks aren't worth ****. No matter how bad we've been, those picks aren't falling out of the 20-30 range. Here are the players drafted there last year: Josh Okogie, Grayson Allen, Chandler Hutchinson, Aaron Holiday, Anfernee Simons, Mo Wagner, Landry Shamet, Robert Williams, Jacob Evans, Dzanan Musa, Omari Spellman. Here are the guys from the year before: Harry Giles, Terence Fergus on, Jarrett Allen, OG Anunoby, Tyler Lyndon, Anzejs Pasecniks, Caleb Swannigan, Kuzma, Tony Bradley, Derrick White.

How many from there are future all stars? Probably 0 (Kuzma is overrated as hell). How many are even gonna be long term starters? Face the facts people we don't have assets. Our picks suck. Our players either suck or are old. We can't trade for really good players. Settle for old role players. We don't have a shot at these big names. Learn to temper your expectations.

saleem likes this.
  17. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

I don't think the Beal trade is particularly ideal for the Rockets but we would continue to have Harden guard SF or PF on defense, this team is fairly positionless outside of center. Still would rather upgrade at big wing and we should be able to upgrade easily in a month.

18. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Beal likely plays SF. Rockets are essentially positionless. Before CP got hurt, the starting lineup was CP-Harden-EG-Tucker-Capela. Beal just replaces EG there. Fit isn't really the issue. The issue is that it's unlikely that the Rockets could put together an appealing package. Only saving grace would be that the Wizards are in the East, so they wouldn't feel obligated to trade him to an EC team like the Wolves were.

D-rock likes this.