1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 11/8/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, a homer, whats wrong with being positive OMG LOL. You thought we would be this bad? Say it? You really must be delusional if you think so.

oh wow, there it is, the thinly veiled "I told you so"

LOL if you think those guys are the reason we are this bad then you are the one who's being delusional dude. Those guys are minimum signings. You really think they are the reason we are this bad, Ennis HAS ACTUALLY BEEN GOOD WHEN HES ON THE FLOOR.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Its not about that. In order to be successful you recognize early whats wrong and you fix. Im not loyal to any player they can all be traded, they get paid cah money to do a job.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I hope you’re right.....this was some painful s***. Like, hemorrhoid dump, painful s***.

adw, bro2044 and J.R. like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A horrible and shocking loss. Urgent help is needed.

cheke64 likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ugh, I can't quit thinking about that game, and how horrible our offense has been. If the streaky shooting doesn't stop this is gonna be a season we will want to forget before it's even over.

jcf likes this.
  6. mario_v

mario_v Member

The problem is you don’t see this team in the long run. You fail to see that this team is 50 win team at best, and that’s being very optimistic.

Now, if this team was a young up and coming team just trying to make the playoffs, then maybe you would have a point.

This team had championship aspirations coming into the season, but the reality is the rockets look like they’re barely a playoff team.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This team does not fit, too many people playing roles too big for their abilities.

We are not a playoff team.

DD

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

You're right about me not looking too far ahead. I don't really see the point in preparing for next season or the season following that when we're still in the first 1/4th of this season.

We have Capela, Paul, and Harden locked in for a good while. Regardless of what we might think about their current performances, we're going to be tipping off with this core for the forseeable future, and I'm pulling for their success even if my optimism seems unfounded.

Maybe Butler will come, maybe he won't, but right now the only thing that can move the Rockets' needle in a positive direction are wins, and preferably ones against good/decent teams like the Pacers. In that game, at least the Rockets showed me that they can compete, and that they do still have heart (though they definitely lack the fire of last season).

The Rockets haven't played well all season, and I don't think anybody would deny that. Wins like the Indy one can at least help establish some sort of rhythm, though it sure didn't lead to a good performance today.

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the thunder are too athletic for the rockets. The rockets need more athletes. We play too slow. It would be nice to get 100% healthy though

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

If James Harden ain't worried, @Os Trigonum ain't worried.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...under-blow-out-misfiring-Rockets-13376808.php

“Our offense is anemic,” Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni said. “I mean, it’s bad. I think sometimes we think we have to shut the other team out. We can’t. We’ve been holding everybody under 100.”

“We start the game off and a couple, three layups we’re missing, and foul shots,” D’Antoni said. “That adds up. We have to start imposing our will and get our swagger. A lot of it is mental energy.”

[...]

“I missed them,” Anthony said when asked about the looks he got. “At the end of the day, I missed them. I missed those looks, some open shots. As a team, we didn’t shoot the ball well, extremely poor. I think that kind of got to us a little bit. Our energy, our spirit was down because of that.”

[...]

Paul made four of 11 shots to score his 10 points, but for a fifth consecutive game, his right elbow was wrapped after the game. He ditched the sleeve he was wearing in the first half and scored on his first two shots in the second half, but said he made the change only “to change something.”

Asked again what was wrong with the elbow, Paul said, “I’ll be all right.”

Asked more specifically about what is wrong, if anything with his elbow, Paul said: “I don’t know. We’re going to find out. I’m good. Whatever. We’ve been winning through it.”

That brief winning streak since he began treating the elbow after games included his 32-point game in Brooklyn. He has not scored in the first half of the three games since, but would not blame his elbow.

He did, however, point to his own play as a part of the Rockets’ offensive problems and a potential solution.

“Part of it probably be that I ain’t making my shots,” Paul said. “That would probably help. You see some go through and not put so much pressure on Tuck (P.J. Tucker) and James (Harden) to make shots. We got to make shots and I think we have to let our defense create our offense.”

[...]

“We’ll be all right,” said Harden, who had 19 points with eight assists but was 7-of-19 from the field. “We’ll be good. Defensively I think we’re pretty good. We just can’t get it going offensively.

“Whether it’s our shots or our pace or our spirit, we just have to have that positive spirit to go out there.

“We’re not worried.”

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. Rocketeer4Life

Wtf is wrong with Chris Paul. He's been so bad save for the Brooklyn game.
    This team has so many problems now

PeterKingX likes this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Honestly? Upon rewatch? This is one of the worst Rockets performances of the Harden era.

bro2044, cheke64, PeterKingX and 2 others like this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Same here.

When the Oilers left, I basically wasn't a football fan.

bro2044 likes this.
  14. UrbanEnterprise

4th road game in a row

3-1. schedule loss

not a big deal

BigShasta likes this.
  15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

10 FTs against OKC is not going to win games. If Rockets desire to drive to the basket, it would open up a lot of things. Since they ain't driving to the basket with authority, they are settling easy shots- easy to launch, hard to make shots. If they go more to the FT line, they'd be a winning team. As long as we lost FT attempts against other teams, we ain't going to win many games. They need to find the heart to drive.

Bucks had 90 inside paint points against Warriors (who are getting flattened)- layups are inside paint points.

#975 bloodwings19, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  16. gogispade

gogispade Member

Are we back to sucky team? Dafuq is that 80 points scores?!

J.R., PeterKingX and shvedsucks like this.
  17. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Omg... I'm so sorry to hear that :(, wishing you the best. We all go thru rough patches in life but I know things don't always stay the same. I'm sure you will bounce back! As a fellow Rockets fan if there is anything I can do let me know!

18. illwil29

illwil29 Member

This looks like the team that had to have GG hit a three to beat the Phoenix Suns last year before the post season. I'm done guys are not being utilized correctly. Our shooters are catching the ball with 3 seconds left on the clock. We are getting out rebounded. I watched Capela fold to Steven Adams like he just did not care. I guess he got his money so he's fine and life is great. This is a letdown so far

BigShasta and saleem like this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"We're not worried"

famous words from the 15' season until they realized they are struggling to make the playoffs.

BigShasta and PeterKingX like this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

I am happy i turned this bull off at halftime

PeterKingX likes this.