1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone getting in line for Tesla Model 3?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CXbby, Mar 18, 2016.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've had my Model 3 since mid-September and it has met the hype. Just a wonderful experience.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

especially one who is still employed like Bullard. How much does he get from calling Rockets games? No idea, if i had to guess it'd be low six figures which is not bad for a relatively easy job with good perks.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Pringles likes this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've had my Model S for a little under a year now, and I can honestly say it's the best purchase I've ever made.

sammy and CXbby like this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am going to try and only buy 4 of them. I'd like to have a different one for every day of the week but I need to limit myself.

RunninRaven likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Does it make you money?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Deathbed. Only money. Happy. Goodbye.

9. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

We have the poor man's Tesla Model 3.... the Prius Prime Advanced.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm sure I'v said this multiple times in here already, but I've had my S now for over 5 years now and still absolutely love it. Can't ever see myself switching to anything else besides Tesla, much less going back to gas.

Fyreball and CXbby like this.
  11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Has anyone in here who has a Tesla had to go through any significant maintenance yet? I'm curious the cost of that compared to other cars.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Seems to be the sentiment of most Tesla owners I've talked to. Tesla has a ton of naysayers and straight up enemies, it is also in an industry that is very hard to make it in. But when you have owners who literally showed up to delivery centers during the end of quarter push last month to volunteer and help deliver cars, what other company in history has had that kind of customer base? It is hard not to succeed when you have a product that generates that type of customer loyalty/love.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

S and X are $100k cars so naturally maintenance will be higher than average. They also have gimmicky features like auto extending door handles for S and the Falcon wing doors for X that lower reliability/increase maintenance. The Model 3 will eventually start at $35k, and is much simpler made without the gimmicks, so it should have much lower maintenance. Like all Teslas it also has less moving parts to break, no transmission, breaks wear out less due to regenerative breaking, motors cost much less to fix/replace than engine etc.

The oldest Model 3s are only one year old and those are the early builds with more issues. It will take a few years to know for sure what the typical maintenance will be, but theoretically it should be less than comparable gas engine cars.

#733 CXbby, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  14. R0ckets03

I would guess I've spend under $1K on maintenance in over 5 years (knock on wood).

Door handles, tire pressure system and a creaky room. I did get the extended warranty.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you haven't had to replace batteries in 5 years? How often are they expected to wear out?

16. R0ckets03

No battery replacing. No idea what happens eventually. If I get 8 years out of it total I'll be happy either way.

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Tesla batteries come with 8 year unlimited mile warranty.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I just ordered the performance model.

sammy likes this.
  19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Nice! You’re gonna love it. We got the Y to add to the 3. White on white and put some nice Vossen wheels on it

I think yours will come with the chrome delete ? I had to get that done to the 3

The performance is ridic.. can probably make someone throw up lol

CXbby and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The cabin in the 3 is just so spartan to me.

I love the idea but the looks are lacking for me, so many other choices these days.

How do you all charge, is the infrastructure expensive do you have the superchargers.

How many miles do you drive a day?