1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car accident questions.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 1, 2018.

1. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

This about the most BS scammy thing I've seen in a while. Did I say scammy i meant scum.

Fletch and LonghornFan like this.
  2. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Pics of damage needed.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Maybe the real estate agent lady (not sure why THAT was a detail he included while everything else is vague, probably to make it seem like "oh it's okay she's rich anyways") has a Bugatti and always backs out by flooring it from a very long drive way?

LonghornFan likes this.
  4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Walking with a limp?

[​IMG]

;)

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm sure the insurance company hires good lawyers to protect again scam law suits.

Better hire a good lawyer yourself because based on the little info you provided here I'd say they're going to be skeptical just like a lot of people here are.

LonghornFan likes this.
  7. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

OP, as a formerly licensed Property & Casualty adjuster, I would say the Facts of Loss (FOL) are vitally important to your claim.

Details like the make/model of the vehicles involved, velocity at impact (i.e. magnitude), points of impact, passenger(s) seating positions, etc. -- along with vehicle inspections, medical records, witness statements, and scene investigations -- are all factors used in determining the validity/liability/damages of a claim.

Without studying the FOLs, I would advise foregoing attorney representation in the immediate term. Allowing the insured's claims handler to complete his/her investigation affords a speedy resolution of your claim. Seeking attorney representation, especially for low impact collisions (less than 10 mph) generally result in lesser compensation to claimants, as attorney's fees cut into awarded damages. Another factor to consider is that attorney-repped files always take 12-18 months longer to settle and indemnify. Contrary to popular belief, reputable insurers are not seeking to screw claimants over. The idea is to indemnify losses and restore injured parties to their condition(s) prior to the loss. Nothing more, nothing less. That was always ingrained to us from the top. Of course, there are crappy insurance companies out there who sub out claims to third-party adjusters. Those type of claims can become problematic and choosing attorney representation would be a sensible option.

In my experience, claimants with soft-tissue injuries resulting from a low impact collision while in a parked vehicle are generally settled within 4-6 weeks with Bodily Injury (BI) settlements in the range of $500-$2500 per passenger (depending on the severity of the collision). That includes medical bills, inconvenience, and pain and suffering.

Again, without knowing the Facts of Loss or conducting vehicle inspections, I cannot provide much in the way of consultation.

Best of luck with your claim. And, please know that not all insurers or adjusters are lying crooks (save for the strip mall variety). ;)