1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets look like a 50 win team to me.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Oct 21, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

And so in-depth!

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Especially those who rarely post.

You know, just drop in long enough to start your very own thread to show your newfound pessimism.

hakeem94, BigShasta and HP3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

I really have no idea who these people are haha

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We really miss Ryno.......

5. tobster

tobster Member

You are ABSOLUTELY right... Unfair to think CP3 could make more than a 3 point difference if he was able to play.

Step away from the keyboard and breathe please.

topfive likes this.
  6. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Need more sample size. Back to back, no Paul etc. Agreed our D is getting much worse which needs to be addressed.

If we are 50% or lower after 20 games, i will write this season off.

topfive and buffalobills!!! like this.
  7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Let’s give it 10-15 games. But at the moment I don’t see anything special on this roster. Call me crazy but Ryan ANDERSON before the yips at least had gravity and allowed Capella to roll. Now. Ennis and Tucker. They don’t draw defenders like Ryno did. Too bad he just imploded. Also wish Ego would pick up via 16/17 touch. Thus far not much to write home about. Melo. Give it 10-15 games before calling him washed maybe he will find some timing and chemistry.

Anyone offer Jeff Bdzelek a raise. Miss him too. It’s only three games. But pretty sure we said the same thing in 15/16.

8. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Capela sucks. looted us for 80mill and just has orange hair to show for it

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

PG Chris Paul
    SG James Harden
    SF Gary Clark
    PF P.J. Tucker
    C Clint Capela
    PG Brandon Knight
    SG Eric Gordon

On the Fence or Unplayable
    SF James Ennis
    PF Carmelo Anthony
    C Marquesse Chriss
    MCW
    Isaiah Hartenstein
    Zhou Qi

10. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

WHATS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM??
    1. Capela gets scored on more than my EX! Hes playing soft and small. no rim protection starts with him. We should've sold high on him, morey was relucant to give him a big pay day...this is why
    2. Ennis sucks on Defense, very low IQ with 0 fundamentals. gets blown by With ease. high effort is great, but needs to play solid D.
    3. MCW blows, guy shouldn't be in the NBA. doesn't need to be guarded unless hes driving for a layup.
    4. No fire with this team, tucker for some reason turns it up at the 2min mark during the 4th quarter, too late man..we need that 48min from you since thats 99% of the reason youre on the team.

Dont blame the team for not keeping ariza...that was out of our hands...15 mill is unreasonable. BUT We currently dont have a lock down defender.

watashi315 likes this.
  11. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Too soon to tell, they need to clean up their communication (on offense and defense) before I'm willing to make a verdict.

Last year's team had really sloppy defensive rotations at the beginning of the year as well, but the mistakes were somewhat bearable since we had more defensive minded players to cover-up the screw-ups. And of course, towards the end of the year the rotations were spot on and the defense was great.

This year's team has less "defensive-minded" personnel, but that doesn't mean that they can't learn to communicate and be a respectable defensive team. Their lack of communication is also evident on the occasional bone-headed offensive possession.

I think as time goes and the communication gets better, their play will be better. Will they be better than last year's team? I don't know, it's too soon to tell. I don't think that they will be better defensively than last year's team, but they could be better offensively, which could make up for the defensive drop-off.

Lawlruschang and BigShasta like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure why people want to try and believe this. its not true nor will it ever be. please remember the rockets a year ago enjoyed one of the best offensive seasons not only in team history but the entire league as a whole. realistically how much better are you going to get from that.

HP3 likes this.
  13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m still taking the over

Lawlruschang likes this.
  14. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Statistically, I'm not sure, it may not be possible. But stats are also not the be all end all. I was thinking that perhaps Melo might add a wrinkle to our offense by consistently attacking close-outs and just make us a bit trickier to guard, but not necessarily more statistically effective.

However, Ennis so far isn't as reliable at shooting 3s as Ariza and Melo doesn't seem as aggressive as he needs to be to really add another layer to our offense. My main point was that it's bit soon to be coming to any conclusions and that there is still ample possibility for improvement. But you are correct if your argument is that the first 3 games do not support a reality in which this team could possibly be better offensively than last year's team.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Chemistry is not an easy thing, it is more important than talent evaluation, it is when the sum of the parts is greater than the individual parts themselves.

We have too many round pegs trying to fit into square holes.

Losing Ariza was bad enough but Luc M also, killed this team's switching defense.

Especially when you add in Melo - who never plays D, and will never fit here with CP3 and Harden, his game is not complimentary.

So, yep, we screwed the pooch, we shut our own window, for now, unless we can reshuffle and fast.

DD

16. Rocketeer4Life

Rockets can't defend anybody. Back to the old Dantoni days..

17. Malaya

Malaya Member

I think this is why Bzdelik retired ... odd mismash of parts

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  18. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Last year's champion was also a 50-ish win team. I'm fine as long as there are improvements along the way as some of our new guys are not exactly built for our offense/defense scheme and would need longer adjustments than last year.

I remember last year CF was about to explode when we lost 5 in a row.

19. farhen

farhen Member

just like 2015-2016 season? too early to panic let's see how it goes in 11 games first

20. mockster

mockster Member

I’m predicting high 50 range to possibly 60

Rockets always take stride late. I feel like melo will improve along with the rest of the squad after they gel more. Brandon Knight will be a big boost, we can use his shooting.

Lawlruschang likes this.