1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Conspiracy

DonKnock likes this.
  2. aroundtheblock2

I don't need glasses or contacts if that's what you mean. I can see it just fine. Only pay attention to Rondo and Paul's head at the very beginning of the clip. Happens in the first 5 seconds.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

It was recorded on a potato

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Send the hot potato to NBA forensics for analysis. :)

xaos and aroundtheblock2 like this.
  5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

KiKi is a fair guy from when I knew him in Denver.

As far as "The Spit" (sounds like LeBron's "The Decision" lol).....an injured Rockets player responded that said teammate was adamant about having been spit on. Said player was also adamant that Lakers instigator called him the "cat" word with a strong, strong emphasis on the "P" sound. In phonics, certain letter blends, or dipthongs, such as the combination of the hard "P" and soft "U" may cause excess saliva to be present in the mouth.

Basically, Rondo used his choice words with the intent to let bitter Mavericks' venom fly onto CP. He may claim accident, Rockets player claims intentional.

The rest is obvious.

Prediction from an EAR:

CP- 1 game (2 at most for self-defense, video evidence, and being sucker punched again by Ingram)
    Rondo-2-3 games (Spit, threw first punch. Yes, CP made first contact with hands on face, but that's not considered a punch by NBA standards)
    BI- 3-4 games (probably more) --He's the entire reason this mess happened.

My prediction: KiKi either goes harder than usual to set an example for the season, OR he leaves this loose (minus Ingram....too late) to not open the season with suspensions for 2 of the premiere teams.

I also think CP escapes based on rep, players union and again, the spit. For a man, there's very few ways to walk away from being spit on, no matter how much self-control you exhibit on a day-to-day basis.

****My prediction means s*** :)

Proud Moment: Melo's rebounding AND we may also have an enforcer. He looks like he has that "loyalty chip" on his shoulder. Melo let CP take his shots on purpose. You let your guy defend himself in a fair fight and you don't jump in. Simple street logic.

Proud Moment 2: James standing back. The minute James gets in there Lance will go after him and instigate him to throw a Marcus Smart. James standing back was PERFECT.

Proud Moment 3: james and CP embracing in the locker room. We have great chemistry among our leaders, win or lose, fight or not.

Untouchable: PJ Tucker. Stop with it.

6. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

FYI not my vid, I just screenshot it to see if any ClutchFans had a thought from that side angle. It was on some Snapchat story when you searched STAPLES CENTER or LAKERS or something.
    [​IMG]

#146 ron413, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    DonKnock likes this.
  7. hatwin1976

hatwin1976 Member

It depends what you want to see. If you want to see some liquid stuff on the spit, there is no way you can find it. But if you want to see if Rondo opened the mouth to do the spit, it is so clear he did the spit motion.

D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Good luck with that the NBA subreddit is quite possibly the most toxic rocket fan experience.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Vivi likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Huh, I stand corrected. I am ignorant of Northern sports.

11. xaos

xaos Member

"My prediction means spit"

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Rondo spit on him and the reaction was a hand to his face. Rondo then punches CP is the face. That’s when’s CP throws a punch. It’s not like CP was asking for any of this. Rondo pulled CP aside when CP tried to talk to the ref. Rondo wanted all of that. That’s clear as day to me.

If you don’t want to fight, maybe don’t spit on a guy then punch him.

The Lakers are 0-2 losers after getting one of the greatest players ever. They suck. And now they’ve gotten CP in a bind for defending himself. Refs should have stepped in between. Do their jobs better.

But yeah, if CP doesn’t throw that punch we’re much better off.

D-rock likes this.
  13. aroundtheblock2

Never saw Rondo with a mouthguard at any point during the game. Wouldn't shock me if they were straight up lying.

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Here is clear proof Rondo spit in CP’s face

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

THIS IS THE ANGLE!!!

D-rock, Little Bit, Patience and 3 others like this.
  16. Remix

Remix Member

First video evidence I've seen that shows actual spit coming out of Rondo. CP3 vindicated

Hope this makes the internet rounds so everyone can stfu about CP3

17. hatwin1976

hatwin1976 Member

this video is super clear!

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Badly. A lot of them would shove the guy or throw a punch.

Chris Paul is not most people. He's the leader of a team that ought to be contending for an NBA title. He's on the court, standing in front of a referee. He has got to do the smart thing, not the thing other people would do.

Also: Rondo is emotionally weak. You can just smile contemptuously at an emotionally weak person and it will often prompt him to do something physical that gets him thrown out of the game. Ingram was about to get ejected anyway, and Harden was shooting free throws. Chris doesn't need physical force in this situation to prove he's the stronger man.

19. BigTex

BigTex Member

100%. Only BS excuse they can come up with now is "accidental spit" which I'm sure some dummies will use

D-rock likes this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We got the proof now! IT'S ON! IT'S ON!

don grahamleone likes this.