1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We would have won the series in 5 if Iggy played" - Steve Kerr

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 29, 2018.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The fact that you compare iggy to Draymond Green means you don’t even understand your own team, never mind the rockets.

But it’s okay, it’s expected from warriors fans at this point.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Maybe I should rephrase that - not necessarily playing on court with class but how they speak to the media etc.

Curry when he is hitting showboats quite a bit (turning to the bench, shimmying) etc which is fine to me, but the comments he makes like "oh we now know what a playoff experience feels like" after game 4 (i think it was game 4) like really? So the other series weren't? Its easy to come out and say how great the other team is after you beat them in a game or series but how they react after a loss or during the season when they were talking down the Rockets before losing their grip on first place just speaks volumes to me. They can have all the confidence in the world, and they should, but they were not giving much if any credit to the other teams in the league which is also poor in my eyes. They're already the best team by far in terms of talent they really dont need to belittle the other teams just because they are trying to get on the same level.

Klay seems to not be like that though IMO, but then again I love Klay he seems to always just be a regular guy who is high all the time.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Not surprised.

There is a reason that Kerr was punched in the face by Jordan.

This is the typical Kerr play... feels insecure that it took his team 7 games to beat a team without a Hall of Famer and an important defender.... so change the narrative to his team should of won in 5.

everyday eddie likes this.
  4. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Thanks, we would have won in 6 if CP3 played. We also would have won in 4 if we had 6 all stars like GS.

lw17 likes this.
  5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

^ I agree YoYo about Klay Thompson - something about that guy that has NEVER made me dislike him. If all the other Warrior players were like him, then I would not dislike them so much. On another note, I found out today that there is a guy who works on my floor but in a different department that is an uncle to JaVale McGee, LOL! We talked about the game a little bit but when he told me that he was JaVale's uncle, I quickly decided not to get into a moaning contest with him about the officiating. But he admitted that the calls were mainly more in favor of Golden State and he was laughing about the moving screen Jordan Bell did on Harden into the bench.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why don't I see the quote attributed to Steve Kerr in this tweet in the actual article?

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Steve Kerr is full of shat and he knows it. Average azz coach with a loaded azz team. Michael Jordan needs to knock this ho the F out again.

lw17 likes this.
  8. Stepping Razor

I have no idea why, but I read this and thought this to be hilarious! I actually agree, but smiled upon reading this for some reason.

slothy420 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

What do you think of Steve and others on the coaching staff on the argument that the Rockets would’ve won the Western Conference Finals had Chris Paul not gotten hurt [in the final moments of Game 5]. They say the Warriors would have won the series earlier had you not gotten hurt.

“Yeah. It would’ve been short. 4-1. They didn’t win. We won. It’s going to be fun seeing them this year. The West got tougher. I like seeing the West this year. The West is going to be fun. We aren’t the only team, so it’s no longer, ‘We got to get up for the Warriors.’ That’s what’s fun to me. Teams don’t get the other team’s best every single night. This year, it’s not going to be a cakewalk. You can’t just have your best game against us. You have to play on a nightly basis.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

would the worriers still won had scott foster been injured instead of igoudala?

RocketWalta, Sajan, BigM and 6 others like this.
  11. Raider17

Raider17 Member

I love how essential everyone makes Andre Iguodala to a team with four all stars and two MVPs..

Richie_Rich, Deckard, arkoe and 11 others like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly. The Warriors spend an awful lot of time talking about how the Rockets wouldn't have been a threat IF this and IF that.

Fact is, we would have knocked them off their perch if our SUPERSTAR hadn't gotten injured.

Could they have beaten us two in a row with CP3 healthy and either KD or Curry out? Nope.

They know this. That's why they are one of the saltiest champions ever.

#52 topfive, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I'd never seen this. Does anyone in the media ever criticize the Warriors for being arrogant and winning without grace?

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nope, but when Capela thinks the Rockets are better than teh Warriors when healthy, ESPN lights up and thinks it's a bridge too far..

DonKnock and HP3 like this.
  15. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

I hope curry and durant get season ending injuries...I do hate the GSW with a passion. They have been so lucky and cocky, it's getting annoying.

lw17 likes this.
  16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich, Rox11, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Exactly. The argument is basically, we can’t win against the rockets with just 4 all stars (3 MVPs between them) we also need another guy who was an all star and finals MVP.

Impressive

WestendMassive, DonKnock and lw17 like this.
  18. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Lol, that's awesome

19. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

20. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, man no one is ever gonna acknowledge Luc huh. Sorry dude but your impact is not greater than Luc and Cp3.

Add to that you are not even a better player than Luc. Luc is a much better defender and a just as capable 3 pt shooter.

DonKnock likes this.