1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Windhorst) Rockets active in the trade market

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 27, 2018.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

actually the knicks are a good target for ryno. they don't care about money... and there is some truth to your joke: they DO care about winning as many games as possible even though they suck. They also always overvalue draft picks.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

3. HP3

HP3 Member

It doesnt make me happy that Butler wants out.

1. Cause I know we cant get him.

2. Cause I dont want our other competitors to get him(Lakers, Celtics, Sixers).... not good.

slothy420 likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Are you just kidding or are you signing your posts?

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wouldn't do it either. RA is just terrible at this time. Everyone is trying to fleece the Rockets.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Actually best time to make trade because no other team has the same urgency that Rockets do. If teams believe they can get Morey to overpay because championship window is tight, they would actually be playing into Morey's hands.

If it takes 2 FRP plus Ego to acquire Jimmy/Dieng then you do it. Because getting rid of Ryno plus getting Jimmy is addition by multiplication.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Overvalue or undervalue? Knew Nix mgt team. They want cap space to swing for the fences; Ryno blocks that. Anderson has less than a ‘3’% chance of suiting up to play for them.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You get out of RA by taking someone else’ bad paper. Miami is where I look.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'd do ryno plus sweetener for oubre/mahinmi all day everyday

smoothie and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not sure why you'd care if the Celtics or Sixers get him. If we get to them in the Finals then we just beat the Warriors. If we beat the Warriors I'm not scared of any team in the East with or without Jimmy Butler. I do agree I'd hate to see him go to the Lakers because I'd rather not have another legit squad in the West.

jcf, baller4life315 and HP3 like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Knicks are trying to create as much cap space as possible for next summer to go after max free agents, they want nothing to do with scrub Ryno.

there is nothing we can do to entice them to take Ryno unless we’re somehow giving them cap relief in the process

smoothie and Deuce like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

With the Knicks, I don't see Courtney Lee being moved for a "lateral in years" contract like Anderson. NY would need a sweetener. I would not include a 1st round pick in a Lee trade. I'd probably do a 2nd though. With the Knicks, feels like the Rockets would need to get a 3rd team (hello Kings) to route the expiring to NY. NY would likely dump Lee for an expiring. They are craving cap space next off season.

13. rocketseagles07

Lmaooooo @ the Knicks being a good place for ryno.... when they have 3 max free agents that are legitimately interested

Zoplicone likes this.
  14. illwil29

illwil29 Member

Call me delusional if you want, but I think Noah can still play given the right situation. I just think he has been discouraged by his team and coaches, but his motor has always been off the charts. He was defensive player of the year at one time. I do like Oubre, he has potential. I like him, because he's long athletic and defensive minded. I like him more than Porter to be honest. I don't think stars will come to the Rockets via Ryan Anderson trade so Jimmy Butler is off the table in my opinion. The drama with Melo last year proved that scenario to me. I really don't think we need a big that bad, but Tyson Chandler and Noah are versatile defenders to rest Capela in spells. Tony Snell is interesting as well

amaru and Little Bit like this.
  15. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Has anyone heard anything about Courtney Lee being available? I feel like he would be the perfect fit to make us even better then last season. He would replace Ariza’s production and more. A deal would have to involve Anderson going to a third team. Which teams are willing to take back salary for a future asset?

Could this work?

Kings: Anderson, Melton & 2nd round pick
    Knicks: Shumpert & 2nd round pick
    Rockets: Lee

#1335 batkins, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  16. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Excellent post. I do think, however, that if Rox would ever have a chance at JB, the package would include Ego, not Ryno.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Reportedly available; no likely route to TheToyShop.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t buy this. Sure, people can come up with their own justification like how they won’t be in playoff contention so they don’t need him, and he’ll want to be playing in the playoffs. But the more realistic scenario is they signed him for veteran presence in the locker room and they plan on keeping him there the whole year. And he may prefer to stay in one city for the whole season.

S**T happens, but the likeliest scenario is Phoenix signed him for the whole year and he signed with Phoenix intending to stay the whole year.

34to11 likes this.
  19. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Ooh ok thanks

saleem likes this.
  20. pocketrocket81

Not trying to hijack this thread but just didn't want to start a new thread to ask my question. I haven't lived in Houston since 1978 but am a huge Houston sports fan regardless where I am at. I am working west of Houston close to "New Territory" and was curious if anyone knew any sports players that I may actually have a chance to see out and about in this neck of the woods? Thanks