1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kellerman] Rockets just got worse, not better, with the addition of Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 8, 2018.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[rocketsballin] the entire fabric of reality, not restricted to this universe, got worse, not better, with the addition of max kellerman. is his mom to blame, or his dad, or aliens? stay tuned to find out.

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

All I did was provide stats showing that we played well without him, and suggested that people not overreact. You took that as complete dismissal? :confused:

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Full disclosure - I can't stand Stephen A. Smith. Having gotten that out of the way (not that anyone should care), the guy makes more sense than that Kellerman dude. Kellerman was in the "pretty boy playing the opposite role," role. While I don't like Smith, no one would ever think to call him a "pretty boy playing a role." He's a very difficult to look at guy playing a role.

Putting Max back in his Lego box, I have a question. Assuming that Anthony gets to Houston soon and begins seriously working out with the Rockets staff, and the teammates already in Houston, can he get into NBA shape in about 6 weeks? He doesn't look like he's been all that serious about it so far, from the little I've seen of him working out with Chris "Point God/Defensive Genius" Paul.

The difference between the very good friends in those videos we've seen from this summer is striking. Chris looks like he could start the season tomorrow, and the looks aren't deceiving in his case (and in my opinion). Carmelo? I'll try not to go overboard, but those were nascent man boobs growing on his chest. Chris was running circles around him and Melo kept appearing to be gassed. Yeah, some videos from not too long ago. Sometime before the Africa trip. Recent enough to have me a bit concerned.

Melo in NBA shape? I think he can be a difference maker on a contending team, Houston, in other words, but the shape he looks to be in now? In the rotation grabbing 20 minutes off the bench. Unlike what some want here, I think he should start. Maybe just for a few minutes before coming off the court, after which MDA can use him as he sees fit, but I think his psychological health requires it. There's a caveat. If he wants to start, and every NBA player does if they're being honest, he has to be in game shape. Right now, he isn't. Earn it, Melo. Get in ****ing shape. Thanks in advance.

#23 Deckard, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    hongxingli and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

you posted as if Melo is replacing ariza. he isn't.

The rockets have yet to find a replacement for ariza and the role he played specifically for this team. when that is happening is anyone's guess at this point

5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

What I don’t get is that he said Melo is replacing Ariza. Isn’t melo replacing either Ryan Anderson or PJ Tucker in the starting lineup?

Then you have green and ennis playing Ariza and Luc’s position.

6. MyLateRegistration

ESPN CLONED MAX!

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Strange how these two guys always seem to take opposing stances on every topic.

It's like that's the show's entire premise, and they plan it all out ahead of time. Weird, huh?

Richie_Rich, heypartner and FLASH21 like this.
  8. rocketseagles07

Lmao you guys hate for anyone that says we’re not going to be great(outside of mcyintyre who’s an idiot) s funny. If melo joined any other team you’d be saying the same thing.

Do I think melo will do fine with us, yes. Does he help us beat gs if we don’t get another wing defender or if ennis isn’t solid.. no.

I don’t agree with what max said, it’s also not crazy

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Vegas strongly agrees with Kellerman.

10. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Why do people insist that melo is taking Arizas starting spot?? I think he’s coming here to take over Anderson’s spot at the 4 which is a huge huge upgrade .
    Whoever replaces Ariza just needs to be a good to average defender and we’ll be great

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

$20 says they flip flop their positions on the matter next time it gets brought up on the show.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am not sure who this Max kellerman guy is but my initial impressions are that he is very smart and knowledgeable about basketball.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

i like max kellerman.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Is Fatmelo Hamthony the worst SMALL BOARWARD in the league???

tycoonchip, Cash Cam, T for 3 and 2 others like this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Til the Rockets are neck-and-neck with the Warriors again and Max suddenly pretends that he was always on the bandwagon.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. bongman

bongman Member

What is funny about this is that these clowns will reference past statistics but never say anything about their accuracy rate for past predictions . If we are to take those stats, why would anybody take anything they say seriously?

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really wish we could ban all references to Kellerman here. I really could care less what this guy has to say about anything.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Look to the bong, man. It explains all. :cool:

bongman likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's not wrong

YOLO and Zboy like this.
  20. broteinshake

broteinshake Member

Media has never respected us, this is nothing new. Only very few media personalities show some love, but that's only when we start winning. Same bandwagoning effect, but it always starts and ends the same: They hate the Rockets.