1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Wolfson] Rockets interested in James Johnson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Garner, Jul 1, 2017.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is one of those instances where just looking him up on basketball reference doesn't tell the story. I would be more concerned with him off the court, tbh. I always wondered if there was a locker room issue that precluded him getting more opportunity at previous stops -- there were plenty of times Toronto could have really used him and looked the other way.

topfive, joshuaao and Why not? like this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Would love him on this team.

Slashing with CP3 and Harden looking for him. Think he'd have an even better year than last.

But sounds like his desire is to stay in MIA.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is Troy Williams still here? I think he might be getting better.

4. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

This guy is a legit rotation player. Incredibly versatile on both sides of the floor. Smart with the ball. High BBIQ. Let's get him

5. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

He's very good for the right price (although not a great fit in this system) but I think he will get more than what we can pay him anyway.

6. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

He could definitely be an energy replacement...... this guy plays hard every time I've seen him.....

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But we should definitely work on the upper tier of our roster...... JJ is 8-9th man material.

koby1868 likes this.
  8. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Morey stop with the nonsense. At this point MIN is better than us, hell OKC made major strides. CP3 isn't the only thing we need. Go get the other piece, then let everyone ask you to play with us.

One more big name "Melo" would have all decent vets flocking to Houston. Play this smart, we don't need to miss on everyone and settle for the Ryan Andersons of the NBA and overpay them just because

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i love this.

this guy is a poor man's draymond

D-rock likes this.
  10. htownrocketman

Now a year later, I hope we finally get this man. He is very capable of holding down the cupcake snake. Plus he has toughness which this team needs more of. Get it done Morey!

xaos, GottaHaveHeart and bilaal14 like this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Looks like Royce White's brother.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We want 3 and D guys, no?

13. Garner

Garner Member

A Garner thread back from the dead?

Spooky.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Yes there were off the court issues and personality problems that kept Johnson was being more successful. He also has improved a lot as the MMA has improved his conditioning.

I have no doubt the Rockets would love to have him but I haven’t heard anything connecting him to the Rockets since his extension in Miami.

Deuce and saleem like this.