1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Chest out, bottom feeder 35 win laker team that hasn't done anything, coming to a rockets page, claiming WCF.

Nice. lol

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

Don't feed the troll..............................................

Deuce, jevjnd, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

just watched the 1st installment of PG’s free agency documentary on YouTube...the whole time I was watching I just couldn’t get over the fact that ESPN is doing a series for the likes of Paul George

literally the most intriguing thing about George going to LA is that Lebron could follow, it’s not even about the caliber of player that he is which is 1 who shouldn’t be getting free agency documentaries

Richie_Rich, jevjnd, Zboy and 9 others like this.
  4. itsoktobealone

Which means that Lakers chance to re-sign Julius Randle has gone significantly up!

5. Bids9

Bids9 Member

I dont know what it is but i just get the feeling were getting someone. Daryl is too good at what he does to not get anyone.

The confidence hes had especially with the 'new math' talk a week or so ago, the joking with CP3 at the awards night, i just got this feeling were going to pull something off and possibly its something noone else has even brought up.

I have full faith in Morey and the front office to make this squad better next season.

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Wow, if someone were to do a parody of Magic Johnson this would be a quote they would use. What happens when a parody matches the real world?
    He does seem cocky like last offseason. It seemed last year around this time he had some tricks up his sleeve. He had the quotes last year about “upping our risk profile” and also “we have a trick up our sleeve”.

heypartner, malakas, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  7. alethios

alethios Member

Alone could be a closet Clippers fan and is secretly trolling the Lakers. #BurnerAccount

Bids9 likes this.
  8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Why don't y'all just report dude and put him on ignore? Easy breezy.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Lebron actually came here, the amount of crow that would be served would be legendary

I’m petty when it comes to the media dismissing the Rockets so all these fools would get called out

Windhorst’s Lebron credibility: gone

Cowherd: shut the F up forever

so many of them would look so foolish

Deuce, alethios, DonKnock and 9 others like this.
  11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Daryl Morey is the Magic Johnson of NBA executives. Magic Johnson is the Ervin Johnson of NBA executives. [​IMG]

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Key is if this where to happen we cannot let these people hypocrite their way back into talking like they were telling the truth the entire time.

Reeko likes this.
  13. rocketseagles07

At least cowherd has entertained it. Windhorst literally won’t even speak about us besides saying it’s not feasible.I hate the “media conspiracy” bs but man it seems like there’s something there

Reeko likes this.
  14. j@amc

j@amc Member

I'm surprised there is so much hand wringing go on these days about free agency.

Personally, I find it hard to be worried this off season. I think we all know that standing pat is not an option for the Rockets front office. We aren't going to simply play defense during free agency (aim to resign players, and run this thing back). And we don't have to do that because we can pitch to free agents how they fit into the picture. The Rockets are in the business of finishing out a championship roster which gives us incredible strength on the market.

Teams like the Lakers (and even Philly) are selling a pipe dream at this point of what might come together. And after they bring all those players together they are hoping that everything works out (with personalities, coaches, and the season itself). While the Lakers have a lot of money and fame to offer, I don't think its reasonable to assume that throwing players together in a hat will lead to wins. The Miami experiment should have proved that to LeBron. And do they have the championship caliber coaches and staff? I don't see any evidence of that. Only promises and hopes.

Now speaking purely as a fan, I have to imagine that adding LeBron's playmaking and defense would make the Rockets simply spectacular to watch. I think about all the open space that LeBron would see after he grabbed a board and took off on a break with the kinds of guards and wings the Rockets can put around him. That team would reinvent ShowTime for the next generation and take the league to places we haven't yet seen. And I'd trust LeBron as the weak side defender any day of the week.

Having said all of that, there are plenty of others players that the Rockets can turn this off season to improve our team beyond landing LeBron in free agency. As I've said before, I believe Morey will flip Anderson's contract out and open up more room to maneuver. He'll find a landing space for him. Yes, changes will mean that we lose a few staples (per Codman). I hate that as fan (because I like this mix of players), but we have to keep focused on building our most complete roster.

I'm with the insiders on this one. Everybody breathe and relax. Let's see how things unfold.

joshuaao, Deuce, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Magic trying to save cap room for 2019, what kind of contract do you think he would even offer Randle?

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I truly think windhorst's career might be in jeopardy if that happens, lol

Reeko likes this.
  17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I’m completely ignoring the guy, but I’d say he’s skirting by the rules, not exactly crossing the line

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Capela for Otto Porter straight up would be a beauty if we could finesse a Ryno + Filler trade for DJ.

19. UrbanEnterprise

20. kanggang

kanggang Member

The Lakers are getting Kawhi. You heard it here. Maybe LeBron as well. However I still think it will still be a HOU GSW rematch WCF