1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans try to sabotage Ayesha Curry's new Houston restaurant on Yelp before it even opens

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 19, 2018.

1. sabesque

sabesque Member

I'm sure someone has said something like this before.

While this is conceptually funny, this is extremely petty and a bad look for our fans in practice. Especially when it comes to attracting free agents. Plus, why mess with someone's business because of the basketball team you like/don't like? She's going to employ a bunch of people in Houston.

RocketJedi and SamFisher like this.
  2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Dumb

As I recall Harden hit a 3 + an AND 1 which was wrongly taken away.

Let's open a restaurant called "Rigged AF".

3. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

I am probably in the minority, but I would embrace any top tier athletes in any sports opening up businesses and establishing ties to my area. Who knows, they later might decide they like the area and be more receptive to moving here. Still, I think the negative/positive reviews are pretty funny and are not likely to affect the success of the restaurant which will do well or fail based on how well received its food and service are.

BigMaloe, jev5555 and justtxyank like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm there! :D

justtxyank likes this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If the restaurant is worth a darn - It will make it. There's plenty of people here (transplants & lifelong Houstonians) that don't give a shiiit about the rigged azz NBA.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is honestly a great opportunity for her if she's a good business person. Have a sense of humor. Add something to the menu with a wink to to Rockets fans. (e.g The Beard(ed) Clam Chowder? No wait. I'm sure there are better ideas.) Or at the grand opening give one free drink to anyone in a Rockets' jersey.

It would be gold, Jerry, gold. If she comes in and actually shakes hands with some Houstonians, it could all go very well.

7. sabesque

sabesque Member

Sure, but how does that justify actually messing with her business because of basketball?

8. sabesque

sabesque Member

Something about letting rockets fans request their food be over-seasoned because they really like salt?

B-Bob likes this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It doesn't. The world isn't perfect. You can't control everything. Shiit happens. I'm just saying that the cream will rise to the top.

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

Rockets fans intentionally doing something shitty is not an example the world being inherently flawed. It's an example of (certain) rockets fans being inherently shitty. IJS.

okay i'll stop with the marming.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Where did all these Ayesha Steph Curry fans come from? Calm your t***.

"OMG, a fan told her the Rockets were gonna take game six at Oracle! LEAVE HER ALONE!"
    "OMG, they left some fake funnynotfunny reviews! LEAVE HER ALONE!"

Warriors fans would be doing the same thing if Harden's or Chris Paul's wife/girlfriend opened a restaurant in The Bay.

What's that? They created a "LeBron tears" beer?

CLASSY WARRIORS FANS! THEY WOULD NEVER ACT THIS WAY! GROW UP HOUSTON! :rolleyes:

rocks123, BigMaloe, TMac'n and 6 others like this.
  12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

That's one way too look at it, but at the end of the day we are giving our money to a business owner who resides in another state. The equivalent of a foreigner converting their money and sending back to the home country. We can hope her restaurant helps the local economy but at the end of the day because that bottom line still goes back to the Bay. I'm good, I'll support home grown local BBQ businesses.

#DoNotWantPeriod

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Build that wall :rolleyes:

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

How did she not see this coming? Or at least don’t announce it’s yours?

Ramo$e likes this.
  16. Bob Barker 007

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Lmfao whatever dude.....I'm just a Rockets fan ok, period. I know business is business but you have to admit it just wasn't a smart idea all around. I've worked in the restaurant industry. It's brutal.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

That's the thing. The restaurant business is brutal and unforgiving. I think she'll be too busy to be hands on enough to keep it a float. Running a restaurant isnti as easy as having money to invest in it. Too many people find that out after the restaurant tanks.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol. Totally fallacious that someone else from Houston couldn't put a restaurant there and create jobs instead. And ironic too - like Ayesha isn't wealthy enough without Houston's patronage. I say the real sob story is that the money that goes to this restaurant won't go to Ryan Anderson. Surely, he is in dire financial straits at this point in his life.

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ayesha has publicly tied herself to the Warriors franchise, made outlandish comments on social media regarding sports, and people are mocking her for it on an internet platform.

But yeah, this is the real injustice in the world.

I see this as a hilarious joke, and I agree with others that this won't impact the business much, as 90% of Houstonians won't know or care who owns the restaurant if the food is good.

clutchdabear likes this.