1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Until I just read it in Woj's story, totally forgot Kupchak signed Mozgov in LA.

Mozgov has two years, $32.7 million left on his contract. Charlotte general manager Mitch Kupchak signed Mozgov to the four-year, $64 million deal with the Los Angeles Lakers two years ago.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Charlotte will not be a luxury tax team next year. That's the point of the trade.

4. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Two Max salary spots? Lebron and PG to Nets. Confirmed.

5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

BigMaloe, DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D "I've lived in Houston far too long to be optimistic Houston would be the choice."

Was LeBron touring schools in Houston?

"Every black man that is 6'5 or taller with a beard touring any school in a city with a NBA team is LeBron James these days. I saw LeBron at the barber shop last week, a donut shop two days ago. LeBron is everywhere in America right now."

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

JR, it burdens my soul that your integrity prevents you from posting Kelly Ikho but you have no issue with Jerome Solomon.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D I don't care for Solomon either.

When I want to talk Rockets or get Rockets coverage, I definitely bring on Jerome Solomon. :rolleyes: I don't know why these shows or podcasts bring him on, as if he has any insight.

Jonathan Feigen must be busy.
    Jenny Dial Creech?
    Brian T. Smith?
    Jerome Solomon?
    Tim MacMahon?

Rockets have no worthwhile beat writer so you end up calling Jerome Solomon or Brian Smith.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

:D "I've lived in Houston far too long to be optimistic Houston would be the choice."

Was LeBron touring schools in Houston?

"Every black man that is 6'5 or taller with a beard touring any school in a city with a NBA team is LeBron James these days. I saw LeBron at the barber shop last week, a donut shop two days ago. LeBron is everywhere in America right now."[/QUOTE]

Why even interview this dude when he clearly has no sauces?? Also, J.R., bruh......I'm counting on you to be my BS filter. Jerome Solomon exudes BS from his pores!!

11. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

Man I just wish these Laker fans go back to the Warriors site.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are dumping a player that the locker room hates on yet another team while avoiding the luxury.

13. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

So it was a luxury tax move, sad. If they are tanking which I sounds like they should. Next should be Kemba

DonKnock likes this.
  14. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

But if you're going to move other players anyways now, then taking on Mozgov's contract for 2019-20 just to get under the tax this year doesn't make much sense.

I do expect the Cavs to be calling about Kemba/Batum though.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally i'm pretty sure the Lakers will get some great player at some point, maybe these next days, maybe at the deadline, maybe next summer...but, i don't care that much, pretty sure the Rockets are still ahead as a team and organization, i believe help will come at some point, whether it'll be Lebron, Butler or whatever.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

why wouldn't it? theyre getting rid of a guy they obviously dont want on the team any longer and they get themselves under the tax. absolutely no point being above and they're not even close to being a contender. not even a playoff team the last 2 years for that matter

theres no guarantee they're moving kemba/batum and they don't need to, since theyre under the tax already with this trade. if the right offer comes along, they'll possibly pull the trigger

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes.

I mean at this point I guess Dwight is so well known to be just a poorly liked character in the locker room, that the Hornets both didn't want him, or his salary.

That said, you'd have thought they could have found another way to get under the LT line this year without taking on an additional year of a big contract.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

man, you sure know how to derail the cyberx thread with random NBA news. :D

alethios and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Well, it does frame what kinda of deal it will take to ship out Ryno.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. itsoktobealone

Letssssssssssssssssssss gooooooooooooooo babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy