1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[haynes] Ariza might join warriors at discount

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 7, 2018.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Here is the payroll.
    https://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/houston-rockets
    Luxury tax will be around $123 mil.

Tell how CP3 $35 million and estimate Capela contract and Ariza at $10 mil is going to work.

No LeBron.......no over the luxury tax imo. I wouldn’t. You would (but you are not paying the bill).
    Owner probably would side with me. So not moot point.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Interesting thought. Put it as a thread @Gorilladunks with a poll. I would like to see what others think.

No LeBron-Rockets venture beyond luxury tax....yes or no?

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza need paycuts. I just don't see Rockets really winning over the Warriors, especially when Tim Donaghy has said himself the Referees "Do Punish Players" when Players like Iverson went after a Official, and The Whole Officiating crew Work Together. Supervisor of Referees Allow Punishment. To Make Iverson Realize he is being blackballed. Chris Paul and James Harden are the Most Hated Players in the NBA by Officiating, Fans, Media. Voters for MVP is baffling this year, Now they realize Harden is MVP.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

We always were going to be regardless. We were either going to improve acquiring lebron with a package around shipping anderson out to match or gordon with others or anderson and gordon. If we didnt do that it was going to be retain the same team and be in luxury tax. Was always going to be that way since we are going to bring back cp3, capela, and ariza. To think different is just pointlessly going in circles for forum people to talk about.

5. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

why do they need paycuts when are already a luxury tax team? It affects nothing other than tillman

6. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

did you even listen to the press conference and morey? Because this is what tillman signed up for. If we cant get a 3rd star via opt in and trade we are going to keep the team together and its going to be expensive.

this is all just leverage to get a few more dollars out of the rockets.

clutchdabear likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ughh. Owner speak. GM speak. Morey and Les said the same about Parsons. No LeBron/Melo/Bosh that year....
    No Parsons crazy money contract, even though they said Parsons wasn’t going anywhere. Then he went to Dal.

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

He needs to more on - time for someone younger who can actually hit a 3

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  9. CALI_MOST_WANTD

If Ariza goes to Warriors I'll be pissed and have the same hate for him I had for Ron Artest when he left to Lakers after we lost to them in the playoffs. When Ariza came here the first time. At that time I hated Ariza and thought Artest sabotaged the series for Kobe to join Lakers. To this day I don't care for Artest but Ariza eventually grew on me the 2nd time around. If this has any truth he can join the list of cupcakes who take the easy way out like Artest and KD and I'll go back to disliking him like he was a Laker again.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rockets team payroll:
    Player.............18/19...........19/20...........20/21.........21/22........22/23
    Harden:..........$30.4...........$37.8..........$40.8..........$43.9........$46.9(PO)
    CP3:...............$35..............$37.............$42.............$44...........$47(PO).... = $205 M.....(eligible for 5 yr/$205 mil)
    Capela:...........$15 .............$17.............$20.............$20...........$22.... = $72 M....(I hope Capela doesn’t get bigger offer).
    Nene:...............$3.7.............$3.8
    R Anderson:.....$8...............$8...............$8...............$8.............$8 (Stretch Provision)
    Eric Gordon:.....$13.5..........$14.1
    Qi:.....................$1.4............$1.6
    Ariza:...............$10.............$12..............$14.............$15 (this is just the 4 yr/ 50M)

........................(8 players)...(8 players)..(5 players)....(5 players)

So will Ariza be all guaranteed? 4 or 5 yrs? “No Trrade clause?”

So when the Owner/GM say bring everyone back......that means except Luc MaM/Gordon/Ryan A/GG? Nene/Qi?

You need money to fill out the rosters each yr. can’t run with just 5 players.

Rockets will be going backwards if they give every player what they want. No Parsons....turned to cheaper Ariza.
    No Ariza......Morey will go to cheaper SF’s in my opinion.

*free agent numbers are just approx numbers each yr that adds up to grand sum.

Mazulis likes this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

Or some people can do math and see that the salaries don’t fit and a full roster is needed even though coach only plays a select few.
    It’s not only the cap hit but his age and play (say / think whatever >> he is on the downside of his career >> it’s not going to get any better from this point on. His value is his contract vs minuets played. He is not an iron man any more. His next contract will be for what he has done NOT what he going to do. Need to look towards tomorrow without double payment for yesterday. I personally like his play and temperament he has shown over the years but we need tradable pieces not more Anderson type signings.

#231 fattz, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Will Barton younger Player that can shoot 3s, Midrange, Slash, Quicker Dribble. Unrestricted FA. Rockets need to get Younger

hakeem94 and MyLateRegistration like this.
  13. MyLateRegistration

I'm okay with that.

14. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

because cuban was an idiot and gave him a max and morey had a plan B and we had capspace. He wanted to keep the roster flexible

There isnt huge money for ariza on the open market other than MLE money which we would gladly pay. No one who would want ariza has cap space. So naive to sit here and really think hes going to get 4 years 60 million.

Morey doesnt give no trade clauses to role players. He will structure a contract to make it beneficial longterm if he has too. Learn who you are talking about. Hes the smartest GM in the league when it comes to roster flexibility. Hes going to definitely stretch anderson? Another assusmpition. JESUS you just made alot of assumptions in that breakdown. What the literal f&** ? LMAO

#234 Gorilladunks, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    clutchdabear likes this.
  15. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

we only can pay free agents the tax payer exception and league minimum. We arent going to let one of the players we have rights too walk. Thats effing dumb.

16. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

we can only offer him 5 million tax payer exception. Not happening.

Plus Barton is not a good shooter. He is ok at 3,not a terrible player, but not a spot shooter know your role 3&D Wing. He is a very inefficient player that requires scorer volume. Hes not really a wing. Hes a 2 guard

#236 Gorilladunks, Jun 17, 2018
    clutchdabear likes this.
  17. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

PEOPLE. Ariza is not going anywhere. Hes not getting this much. There will be a compromise Morey is comfortable with. Dumb to think otherwise sorry.

If the rockets have to shed salary if we dont land lebron, it will be in the form of anderson, not a player we actually use. Even though tillman agreed when buying the team that we would be a projected luxury tax team.

#237 Gorilladunks, Jun 17, 2018
  18. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

the thing is, morey thought he had bosh in the bag. and if bosh signed on to the rockets, then morey was going to match dallas' poison pill contract for parsons, 100%. when the bosh deal fell through, that changed the calculus of houston's timeline for contention so morey figured that it wasn't worth screwing over the cap situation at that point in time, for a team that was in the lower echelon of western conference contenders.

this time it's different. the rockets proved this past season that they are the best team in the nba. morey is all in, regardless of what decision lebron/pg make.

19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

I agree. Barton is too much of a volume/streaky shooter. and he makes way too many bonehead plays every game. low bball iq. and not much of a defensive player either.

20. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

yeah hes gotten more efficient lately but I dont trust it. He isnt the same role player we need to fill an ariza spot.