1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daily LeBron Odds Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coach E, Jun 5, 2018.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Bryce and Chris Paul's son are the same age as well.

2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

OMG hahahahahahahah.

3. LIT123

LIT123 Member
    Supporting Member

some good points but Clippers have two lottery picks, not Lackers. Bobo, harris and teodosec + one of those picks and one future would do it. First time they got 2 protected (top 10)first picks for him when he was young. Never underestimate Cleveland's stupidity so might take less. Check out this year's trades. Also even if he leaves Cleveland don't be suprised if he takes less elsewhere, He had to love taking Gilbert the Scum for every cent he could + huge tax, maybe not so much elsewhere.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes. Thank you. I’ve been off my game lately due to crazy work schedule.

Things will slow down att my end eventually.

But I stand by my Laker group meeting attempt by LeBron James, Paul George, and Kawhi Leonard.
    CP3 as President of the players union has every players phone number, so he can talk to any free agent
    in back channels. LeBron can get any player phone by making a call or 2. LeBron has had the free agent
    list for sometime, and has probably been asking players, “If Paul George and I form a team in a big
    market like LA, Miami, or NY can I count on you to take a minimal contract for a year?” “Possibly bring
    in a 3rd star as well.” “Gerald Green got a little shoe deal with Houston; I can get Nike to cut you a deal
    on a little shoe deal.” “Commercials.” Movie appearances.” “Maybe a little extra money in that year while we try
    to take down the Warriors.” I think 6 of 10 free agents will say yes.

I just hope the Rockets can talk Tyreke Evans into coming to Houston. Tyreke would be our (Rockets) version
    of Eric Gordon. Only better in my opinion.

I don’t know LeBron personally, but I posted that he doesn’t like Harden or City or franchise or uniforms or something.
    Just can’t put my finger on it. Then two days later we get the Cavs beat writer claim LeBron said he didn’t care
    for the city of Houston. Didn’t surprise me. I’m sure someone is going to say ESPN reads Clutchfans. They
    forced the female reporter to make that claim. Yeah right. Force the square peg into the round hole reaching.

If winning is everything to CP3.....and winning is everything to LeBron.....and playing with LeBron is everything
    to CP3......and playing with CP3 means the world to LeBron..........why are they being so rigid about not
    accepting less then max money? Why no flexibility to make it work? Accept $20 mil each for a year? More?
    Me personally, I think CP3 already knows LeBron is leaning 90% Lakers. Since then CP3 has let it leak
    about wanting max money and yrs from Houston. It saves face for both of them. “We wanted to play together
    but we just couldn’t make it work financially.” Takes less money fools. Don’t gut the team in the process fools.

Just my take on the situation. I knew a Kawhi wanting to go to Lakers was coming out soon. Didn’t surprise me.

Trackwell likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If winning is everything to Lebron, he'll force a trade to Houston, it's his ONLY chance at winning another championship in the near future. All of the talk about Lebron to LA assumes that winning isn't important to him.

6. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Actually St. John's School is.

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Good luck forcing the Cavs to accept a trade to Houston. I can link articles of Dan Gilbert wanting to sell the team.
    LeBron walking away brings the team payroll down to $105 mil. That’s a payroll that’s palatable....not $140 mil with
    no LeBron. What potential owner wants his star Kevin Love with Gordon, Tucker (6pt/gm), Nance, Tristan....$140 mil
    payroll. Cavs are more likely to trade LeBron for young players on rookie contracts like a Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart
    who they claim they are looking for in return plus picks. Easier to trade or flip. Cavs don’t want Ryno just like
    Knicks wouldn’t take Ryno last year.

What 3rd and 4th team is going to help out? That 3rd or 4th team is going to want all the picks to take Ryno contract...which is the whole reason the Cavs would do a SnT. Cavs won’t share draft picks (not enough).

8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I've gone from wanting LeBron in Houston to just hoping he stays out of Los Angeles. I've truly grown to hate Lakers fans and ESPN.

Why not?, Pat, sammy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't be too difficult at all. If Lebron is leaving, the Cavs will have a fire sale and dump all high salaries anyway so while naysayers continue to bring it up, the luxury won't be a problem for them at all. We wouldn't be talking about a retooling, we're talking about complete rebuilding. Also, the Rockets wouldn't be sending them Tucker.

The Rockets could have moved Ryan Anderson last year for 2 first round picks, but Melo wasn't worth it, moving him won't be a problem.

Anyway, when the options are for the Cavs to get a return for Lebron or to lose him for nothing, they aren't going to pick lose him for nothing no matter what some people keep suggesting.

10. MystikArkitect

Lakers fans and ESPN are the same thing.

MghtyPtrck, Why not?, Vivi and 7 others like this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I've gone from not wanting Lebone on the Rockets to not even wanting him visiting Houston.

dc rock likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What I find interesting to think about is if we assume that the Lakers magically pull off creating a super team this offseason, do Lakers fans stop being Warriors fans and go back to being Lakers fans? If so, the Warriors are going to lose just about all of their "fans"

13. vick

vick Member

Melo could have forced a trade to Houston and he didn't. Lebron has the same chance and he won't. So Melo and Lebron is dead to me. I forgot also add Bosh.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think Lebron will learn from Melo's mistake and will force the trade.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Depends on how you define "top." In addition to academics (in which St John's has always been top flight), Kinkaid has first-rate athletics and fine arts programs, not to mention first class facilities spread out on a sprawling but single campus (St. John's is spread out over multiple city blocks). Between its programs and facilities, one can most certainly (and credibly) argue that Kinkaid offers the best private school experience in Houston.

17. MystikArkitect

Melo couldn’t opt out right? Lebron is set to be a free agent so he can force a trade anywhere or they lose him for nothing.

The amount of Lakers stuff is nauseating. Bleacher Report with a graphic showing Kawhi there like Pop would do a trade to benefit two entities he absolutely despises.

everyday eddie likes this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Melo had no real leverage which I kept trying to explain to people here.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The Cav's aren't in control of who they trade with here. That is entirely up to Lebron.

Trade me to "The Team Of My Choice" or I opt out and you get squat. That's their options , His choice of teams or NO Trade. They cant just deal him to the team with the best package.

The Cavs are going to want salary relief no matter if Gilbert is selling the team or not.

They can actually get that relief AND Take On Ryno by trading K.Love for little to no salary which would save them $10m over the two years both contracts run. Novel concept , I know …..

It could happen , a lot of things need to fall in place and it'll take a multi-team deal but the notion that Cleveland dictates who they trade LeBron to is a farce. ITs his destination of choice or he opts out and there is NO compensation for Cleveland.

clutchdabear and Why not? like this.
  20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yes, he shadow cloned himself and put one at each exit of all airports, commercial and non commercial.