1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Replacing Clint Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Asian Sensation, May 29, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm with you. This is why I've moved into the Pro-Lebron camp. There's basically no way I see the league letting us get over on the Warriors without Lebron.

pippendagimp, saleem and theoldblood like this.
  2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

What if Holic IS Morey trying to lower his market value, so he can sign him for less than the max? ...or if Holic is Morey's wife? That would be insane.

J Sizzle and MorningZippo like this.
  3. basketballholic

Oh, now who's virtue signaling?

No no one cares.....about your opinion. Talk ball if you can.

4. omgTHEpotential

This is such a nasty dunk. Has to be among the top10 dunks of the season.

lnchan likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

The owner has made his Re-signing a priority so I think he will be back

D-rock likes this.
  6. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Im not sure you know what that means

You can talk ball all you want. You do all the time anyway. Its just always wrong.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Replace Clint and Ryno with Lebron, we beat the Warriors next year.

basketballholic likes this.
  8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmfao. You telling another person that nobody cares about your opinion has to be the most oblivious thing I’ve ever read.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. basketballholic

That's posturing. He's not the basketball guy. MDA went to DMO's and recruited him to stay too. That stuff just doesn't mean much except this....they want to make the restricted free agent feel wanted so they can get the RFA to wait on them to come back to the RFA after they've completed the rest of their off-season business. It's about controlling the player. Just like....We're gonna match any offer.......no, we're not. If it's the wrong offer at the wrong time we won't match it. And I'd we can get the right sign-and-trade we'll pre-empt matching any offer by trying to sell the RFA I going to the team we want to trade him to.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

First of all, I would be absolutely STUNNED if the Rockets do not keep Clint Capela -- even if they have to match a maximum contract.

That said, I would never endorse giving a max contract to a non-superstar, and Capela will never be a superstar. Why would you give a max contract to someone who:
    • Isn't even considered part of your own version of the "Death Lineup"
    • Plays the center position in a guard's era and isn't a transcendent player like Davis, Cousins, Embiid, Porzingis, or Towns (note these centers can all shoot threes, much more Moreyball friendly. Speaking of Towns, if he's really on the trading block, you can bet Morey is monitoring the situation.)
    • Has zero jumpshot to speak of and is still a terrible foul shooter. The Warriors embarrassingly hacked him in Game 7 as a "Gotcha!" strategy!
    • Overall has been rather so-so against the Golden State Warriors, the very team you've supposedly been obsessed to defeat

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I meant to imply in my post that I can't be rational about what he provides (or may provide in the future). I'm just a huge fan of the guy. I have been since he played his first real, extended minutes. His work ethic and his steadily rapid improvement make me think we might replace his "production" in the box score but not his actual impact. Also I expect his production to rise the next few years at least. I think it's probably rational to let him get his payday and move on. I'm not completely rational about him. I can't be. I've watched him improve too much and too rapidly to be so. Also the first two rounds of the playoffs at least tell me that "playoff Capela" is a guy nobody wants to face.

D-rock, RudyTBag, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  12. papoose115

papoose115 Member

people were saying either suns or mavs will give capela max. if suns draft ayton, chances of them giving capela max is probably low. mavs were projected to draft mo bamba at 5 but it looks like they wanna trade down according to kevin o connor in this article:
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/11/17447970/golden-state-warriors-offseason-motivation-trades
    "The Kings and Mavericks are open to moving down in the draft, according to multiple league front-office executives. Sacramento is in the asset-stacking business, while Dallas is trying to compete for the playoffs next season. "

If they are moving down, then they will probably max out capela to get his services or to just stick it to us.

13. cebu

cebu Member

Yes, we need to replace Capela 2.0 with Capela 3.0. He'll be a monster next year.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

There's still Cousins out there, coming out of achilles...i can see Cuban throw a max here, and i can see NOLA letting him go.

As for SacTown i don't know how much they like Cauley-Stein, if they like him enough we're safe, if not we better be ready.

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Cauley-Stein would fit great on the Rockets.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Agree aelliot.

DD

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's because you actually love the Houston Rockets, unlike some dorks in here. Keep on keepin Batman...

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think so too, but would you trust him as a starter? I honestly didn't watch him that much, and i literally don't know how high are the Kings on him...would be possible to get him as part of a package in a Capela sign & trade with Anderson going to SacTown?

D-rock likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. bench player if anything on a contender. on a championship team definitely not.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

That is a crazy idea! Would hate to see Clint go but WCS with Brandan Wright at vet min backing him up would be interesting. Draft Jarred Vanderbilt.

More importantly, Ryno is off the books clearing space for LBJ. Sac upgrades at 5 spot, adds hometown boy at stretch 4 and draft Doncic.