1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In term of WS/48, Luc Mbah a Moute had the 17th worse playoff performance in NBA history

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayhow92, Jun 10, 2018.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I know he was hurt and played much better than this in the regular season. I was just pointing out that he played historically bad on offense and it hurt us a lot more than I realized.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

They made their own luck in a way. Chris Paul is a chronically injured guard and their coach was smart enough to sit everyone who mattered before the playoffs.

roslolian likes this.
  3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Did they make their own luck when Kyrie got hurt, when Love got hurt, when Leonard got hurt?

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Clutch Fans mob...what have you done for me lately?

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Pretty much. D'Antoni was so desperate to find minutes to rest Harden, Tucker, and EG after CP3 went down that he put in Ryno and Johnson in freaking Game 7 of the WCF. JJ did ok, but Ryno was a disaster in that 2nd half. I still think he should've gone with Luc even with the bum shoulder. He at least would've played better defense.

roslolian and J Sizzle like this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Hey Mr "they made their own luck" I want you to review the list of just good players who missed all or part of a series with GS over the last 4 years. If by making your own luck, you mean Zaza crowding a shooter's landing to hurt them, then the basketball gos will punish you mightily.

pg: Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, George Hill, Pat Beverly, Mike Conley, Jrue Holiday
    sg: Tony Allen
    sf: Lebron James, Kawhi Leonard(x2 years)
    pf: Demarcus Cousins, Kevin Love
    C: Jusuf Nurkic

napalm06 likes this.
  7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I was referring to this year.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"4.5, my friend. 4.5! With at least two of the four GSW All Stars sitting throughout the fourth quarter of each game."
    - Scott Foster (probably)

"Could you sign my kid's jersey?"
    - Tony Brothers to Steph Curry (probably)
    "Sure," says Steph, "what's his name? Who do I sign it to?"
    "His name's Steph."
    "Wow.....no, really?"
    "Well, it was Mark, but we had it changed legally."

#28 ROXTXIA, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  9. TheRealAllpro

Ok this year only. Yes Rockets could take some criticism for Luc's injury, it's debatable. But what about Wright? Paul got hurt the last min of the game.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Chris Paul is injury prone. He's missed the playoffs before ask Portland.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah cp3 should of just gotten hurt a few weeks before the playoffs like curry and got it out of the way...

shame on hou for not planning that out

glimmertwins likes this.
  12. TheRealAllpro

Which is why to me you need PG13 or Lebron so he can be the 3rd wheel and play less mins/games.

To my larger point Warrrios year after year have had other teams injury plague and only had money to sign Durant due to the league failing at cap management. That alone proves they did not make their own luck.

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This sounds less like GS making their own luck and more like GS making their own narrative.

14. MyLateRegistration

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yours is an emotional reply. Steph Curry being injured in the playoffs is rare Chris Paul is not you almost have to expect it at this point. Its great having him but regardless the fact is we got a great player who is injury prone and they have great palyers who are not. We knew he was injury prone before we got him and he has missed the playoffs before its not just luck this year. They are also smart enough to rest there players when needed and they dont play them in meaningless games. I understand you are angry that we lost but you have to admit they are smart at some things that MDA is still slow to figure out and thats ok as long as we learn from it. The Luc injury was totally avoidable playing important players in meaningless games against teams who have nothing to lose was stupid and hopefully we learned from that.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree with your first point as for your second again Im talking about this year.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh its rare. so was he not hurt in previous playoffs besides just this year. smart enough to rest players yet their players still get injured. ok. great logic. once again, they know to get hurt before the playoffs. shame on houston

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You're being silly again I know you're angry just reply to someone else. If you're gonna reply to me reply with a clue not with non sense, Im not here to soothe your emotions.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah you're saying stuff that doesn't make sense and in hindsight. That's the point.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Are you happy you got that out? You're being irrelevant right now, your how style of talk in this conversation is irrelevant. All emotion. "Im angry so im going to go after anyone who seems to pay compliment to the Warriors" LMAO get over it.