1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We should have won tonight"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 29, 2018.

1. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Little boy, when is your quinceanera? Good luck with your Fortnight addiction; the only medicine you need is your triumphant human spirit!

harold bingo likes this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It wasn't that Foster had a personal agenda against the Rockets. Yes, he has a history with CP3 that's well documented. But the real reason for all those non-calls was because the LEAGUE has an agenda favoring the Warriors. Why do you think Foster, one of the worst refs in the NBA, is assigned to the biggest game of the postseason? Because he's a company man who will do the league's bidding and ensure the Warriors win the game and advance to the Finals thus guaranteeing better ratings(albeit over fewer games since the Warriors will win in 4 or 5).

This is why I'm close to quitting on the NBA. It's not because of bad officiating. It's because the league is doing all of this on purpose. Kings-Lakers was a blatant screwjob that everyone still talks about to this day. Well that was 16 years ago and nothing has changed in the interim. Certain teams and players still get favorable treatment. And referees with agendas and reputations are constantly assigned to playoff games where you practically know the outcome even before the opening tip.

What's the point of supporting a product like that?

adw likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Rockets need to have a GO at the entire NBA reffing crew for screwing up repeatedly

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No matter how you want to blame the refs; we can't expect to have three starters making 5 of 33 from behind the arc and win. It doesn't get much worse than that, we died by the 3.

#64 deb4rockets, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  5. OremLK

OremLK Member

We would've made a lot, lot more than that if GSW actually had to respect our drives to the basket. They knew they could reach in and hack all they wanted and wouldn't get called for a foul, so they played up right in our shooters' faces and ignored everything else. On top of that, the refs intentionally killed our momentum and killed our rhythm. Shooting is about confidence and the horrible lopsided officiating took any confidence our guys could have had.

waytookrzy079 and Beardaholic13 like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would not expected but . .. . . had it not been for the Refs. . .that is exactly what would have happened

Rocket River

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

its a story line the average person and media can run away with after the fact bc it takes away from what really happened. thats the pathetic part

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The media can use half a dozen stats to justify the outcome of this rigged game. The Rockets had 5-6 turnovers in the first quarter, many of which were careless(like that Tucker inbounds no one was looking for that led to an open Curry 3). They missed a bunch of free throws(although so did the Warriors). They missed layups.

None of this changes the fact that horrible officiating impacted the game. Was it the sole reason for the Rockets' loss? Of course not. But it was still a major factor. We can point out in the 2002 Kings-Lakers WCF that had Sactown secured that defensive rebound at the end of Game 4, Horry never gets off that 3-pointer to steal the game and even the series 2-2. We could also cite all the missed free throws by the Kings in Game 7 that allowed it to go to overtime where the Lakers edged them out 112-106. Does that somehow mitigate the Game 6 4th quarter screwjob where the Lakers got 27 free throws and barely eeked out a win to force a Game 7? Hell no.

Why not?, Zboy and waytookrzy079 like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

that 1st half had the better team playing actually winning. everything changed once the refs got themselves involved to impact the game in that 3rd quarter. ive seen alot following this game for so long and last night was absolutely pathetic to me and as bad as youll see a game officiated to give a team a boost

Why not? and Zboy like this.
  10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Tillman should go gansta and make this guy disappear.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Carl Landry, our own player got shot in Houston and the refs come out unscathed? Not saying anything, just making an observation. :)

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

If you go in ESPN the headline sites Cavs vs Warriors should be appreciated. Lol. The writers can’t even spin a better story than that. Like... whoa what a dynasty! It’s like they’re trying to make a justification why people should watch the finals. This is the END of the finals. It’s unwatchable... like politics.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets "should" not win any game they shoot 0-27 from 3

14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

People that keep saying "but they missed 27 shots blah blah blah", clearly you have no idea how impactful consistent bad calls can be from a mental aspect. Completely obliterating a team's momentum with bad calls is why we missed all those shots imo. Every time a bad call occurred, the Warriors were able to capitalize and cut the lead causing the Rockets to shoot more desperately every time.

OremLK, bro2044, Little Bit and 2 others like this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

We absolutely should have. Shoot 1% from 3 and lost by 9.

I thought MDA should have played fresh legs a bit more yesterday. When the WIDE open shots were no where close, I was thinking play green and iso joe more.

16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The reason why we are all saying something about the refs is our team cannot sustain their momentum when the refs call bad calls on blatant things so one sidedly. Its not the 50/50 calls its getting clobbered play after play. As far as the threes go the rox where trying to stick to the game plan of getting as many of them up because they didnt have the confidence that if they took it to the hole they would get to the freethrow line. Look at all that went wrong if the rockets just hit 3 or 4 of those 3's its a different outcome. They need to refine their strategy not abandon it and get better at getting easier midrange opportunities and some bigman buckets. A guy like brendan Wright or speights could go a long way in getting some high percentage shots when the game gets tight

bro2044 and BigShasta like this.
  17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

What I always come back to is that the NBA is the only major sport I'm aware of in which fans are so aware of particular refs and their tendencies that they'll actually dread or cheer them being involved in the games (I know the names of some refs in other sports like football, but I can't recall ever thinking, "Oh crap, so-and-so is the ref, the team's screwed now..." Maybe I just don't pay enough attention?). NBA refs are known to be egotistical and even look to involve themselves in the games, as if fans ever pay to see refs as part of the show ("Ha, I did so love it when Joey Crawford made his presence known!"). That is simply a travesty and yet it's been accepted for decades. The only occasion aside from Donaghy I can remember a crooked ref being disciplined was when Jake O'Donnell (why the $#!% do I still remember this douchebag's name? Why did I ever know it in the first place?) tried to torpedo the Rockets 95 run by ejecting Clyde from a road playoff game because of a personal vendetta. There's just something bent about the entire process.

OremLK, B-Bob and BigShasta like this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nice. Should have seen that expired homophobia coming from your troll ass a mile away. Go away and grow up.

joshuaao, BMoney, Little Bit and 2 others like this.
  19. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I won't be watching

20. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

Refs were horrible. That blatant moving screen that Bell put on Harden to free up Steph was the icing on the cake. If they are not going to call that then the Rockets should have went into hard fouling Steph. Play dirty if you have to.

bro2044 likes this.