1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I may step away from the NBA for a while.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, May 28, 2018.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This is why JVG holds a special place in my heart. He wasn't afraid to go against the machine.

Potential 9 point swing to end the first half in two hack-job no calls resulting in a 3 from Klay.

Two absolutely horrendous no calls in the third on Warriors moving screens freeing up their shooters and giving them confidence.

The foul on two players on the Gordon drive not called.

9 + 6 + 2. Is it any coincidence we were up big with a fairly officiated majority of the first half? And if we negate/add those points from bullsh*t calls we're winning this game?

How Adam Silver sleeps at night with the blatant controlling of this game astounds me. POS.

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This. I dont wanna hear about missed shots when we lost by 9 and the refs took atleast 10 points from us.

Richie_Rich and megastahr like this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I will never pay to see an NBA game again. Sorry, Tilman. No offense to you, cuz you're a great owner. But if I want scripted entertainment, I'll tune into WWE, hit the local multiplex, or fire up Netflix.

The Rockets shot horrible tonight, but the refs took away at least a dozen points(and gifted 2 to the Warriors on a BS goaltend) in what was ultimately a 9-point loss. In a game where the Warriors were favored by 5-6 points. This entire thing stinks of being rigged.

4. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

No way I am watching yet another Cleveland/GS finals. Same thing every year. When will it stop?

cml750, BigShasta and derp like this.
  5. vonwafer

vonwafer Member

"The records show Donaghy placed 134 calls to referee Scott Foster ā€” more than the 126 calls Donaghy made to his bookie ā€” between October 2006 and April 2007, the period during which he has confessed to either betting on games or passing on game information to gamblers. The majority of the phone calls lasted no more than two minutes and occurred prior to and after games Donaghy officiated and on which he admits wagering."

Yeah Im aware that going 0-27 from three is un****ing acceptable but the refs absolutley crushed our momentum and made us less likely to drive because it was plainly clear that Silver wasnt going to let them call anything in the paint. **** the NBA

derp likes this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

See you in October/November! lol

kubli9 likes this.
  7. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Very dissappointed, but unlike many here I'm not going to start bashing the players that really gave it all they had against the odds.

kubli9, derp and Richie_Rich like this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah Iā€™m done until like next Monday.

I wish I loved something more than this team...

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly. its not the missed shots. its not ryno. its not paul going down. all of that is part of the game. point shaving is not.

refs aside, i still don't blame the missed 3s. we had enough to keep it close if ryno didn't let steph evaporate the lead by taking him 1 on 1. that's on MDA. again, if its a closer game because of that, our guys play with less desperation in the closing minutes because its not desperate times when its a 1 or 2 possession game.

at the end of the day the reason for losing is in this order:

1. refs
    2. ryno's minutes (this is on MDA)
    3. paul going down
    4. missed 3s

even with 2-4 we could've won if it were called fairly. even with 3-4 we could've won if ryno didn't play. 3-4 are part of the game and pretty much out of your control.

rantsolpuella13 likes this.
  10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I used to watch the postseasons of all sports no matter who is playing, but as I get older once Houston is out I don't give a **** at all.

11. TheresTheDagger

Well, I'm a 7 year league pass subscriber.

I'm not re-upping this year.

Until I see some REAL sign the NBA is addressing its officiating problem, what's the point? I can't and won't give them money anymore.

12. BigTex

BigTex Member

I skipped a couple finals games last year. Will do the same this year.

13. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

use your brain

not only could we have beaten them if we had CP3 and mbah a moute healthy, we would've beaten them at least one of games 6 and 7 if the officiating was fair. GS was favored in at least 6 games this series and it still came down to the final quarter. we can and will beat them

14. Mr. Space City

not with the refs against you.

these games are predetermined. if cp3 played they would have done some bullshit to him.

15. Rocketsfan3422

I havent watched the finals since durant became a b****

derp likes this.
  16. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

if cp3 played they would have let us make the finals because cp3+harden together is sufficient star power and a feel good story. harden alone isn't.

derp and smp like this.
  17. Mr. Space City

harden vs lebron with cp3 possibly coming back in game 3 in a much more compelling story than the warriors raping the cavs,

18. Fantasma Negro

Futbol and baseball

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The league doesn't want the Rockets in the Finals. At least not over the Warriors. It's why I won't support this product anymore with my money. This is 2002 Kings-Lakers all over again. Only this is worse. The Kings could've easily won Game 7 had they not bricked half their free throws. The Rockets on the other hand got 2 straight screwjobs by the refs after taking a 3-2 lead.

20. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

if we're being objective here, casual fans hate harden and a lot of them dislike cp3 as well. plus NBA HQ has no idea when paul is coming back. way too many GS bandwagons overseas as well. finals is the penultimate product of the NBA season, they had to make sure they put out the best entertainment for casuals