1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great series!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Oakland Fan, May 25, 2018.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Be honest. There is no way you really want CP3 to play. I know if Steph or KD were hurt there’s no way in hell I’d hope they come back.

Hard_foul and mikol13 like this.
  2. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

Actually, you are mistaken. I have rooted for losing teams for most of my life, and I would prefer they not win just because of an injury to one of the other team's players. When I go to games, I cheer for my teams, but I don't boo opposing teams or hope one of their players gets hurt. If there is a game 7, I hope Chris Paul plays, even if it ultimately results in my team losing. I don't prefer it, but I can accept losing when it is because the other team outplayed my team.

Harden is a big reason why my team is losing in this series, yet I still admire what he has accomplished--and at the same time wonder how dominant he, Durant, and Westbrook would have been had the Thunder kept him.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's remarkable that you have sung more praises for James Edward Harden Jr. than some of the regulars on these boards.

+1

Richie_Rich and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

As someone who has to deal with BS from GSW fans on the daily - thanks for your class.

That’s the only positive thing I can say at the moment about GSW

xaos and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

I know as a fan it is frustrating at times. It is really easy for us to find fault with our team. Draymond Green is really talented and yet he does the dumbest things at times--constantly barking at officials (I am kind of surprised he does not get a technical every game), or even in his play, such as last last night not calling a timeout immediately with about 9 seconds left or his looking forward before securing the ball at the very end of the game. Curry is really talented and yet his play is really inconsistent. Durant is amazing and yet he can't get himself out of his own way and recognize that the ISO opportunities the Rockets are giving him are fool's gold and he should be passing more. Klay is Klay and is more difficult to find fault with.

But I get it that we look at our team and all of their faults seem gigantic (kind of like when you remodel your house and you notice every single flaw and mistake made by the contractor, yet no one visiting sees anything.) So, I can understand why Rockets fans might want to criticize Harden. Because I am a few steps removed, I think it is easier for me to see Harden as a supremely talented player who can not only slice and dice his way to the basket better than just about anyone else in the NBA, but he is super quick at recognizing reach-ins and poor defensive moves and can turn those into fouls and he has an excellent perimeter shot and can distribute the ball really well.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn, @Oakland Fan is the best online GS fan I’ve seen...welcome to the board

Richie_Rich and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

relax my dude...occasionally u get that 1 fan of an opposing team who’s really cool...take Blazers fan @DanTony!Toni!Tone! for example

DanTony!Toni!Tone! likes this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Methinks we got one that has been watching since before 2015!

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What does that matter? If you want to act like a beta, go join spurstalk or something.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  10. jbasket

jbasket Member

Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

11. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Ah shucks.

Tough loss for you guys tonight. I've said before that I'm most definitely not a Houston fan. But I really wanted you guys to beat the Warriors. I hate that team. Plus I'm sick of the annual Cavs/Warriors final.

As great as Chris Paul is, and he is amazing, you just can't rely on him to be there throughout the entire length of the playoffs. It sucks, but it's kind of true.

Anyways. Cheers. Should be an interesting off season for both of our teams.