1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kemp leaves Blazers for drug rehab

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kim, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I know this is the wrong forum, but I just found out that Shawn Kemp is leaving Portland for the rest of the year and checking in for alchohol, weed, and/or crack abuse. Man, that must suck. Wish him the best of luck in getting his life straigtened out. I'm suprised that ESPN doesn't have it on it's site yet.

------------------
    I BELIEVE!

2. Jim1965

Jim1965 Member

That is unreal. That guy does not realize how lucky he is to be blessed with so much natural talent. He is going to have some serious regrets in about 20 years.

------------------
    Bob Rainey is my hero!

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I guess he was a part of that 80% thing.

------------------
    I'm just a nut, trying to get a squirrel!

5. PhiSlammaJamma

It just goes to show you how it impacts your game. He took a real nose dive. All the signs were there. I wish him luck.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Kemp put on all that weight,I thought how unnatural it was and figured he either had a glandular condition or was hitting the pipe...and I don't mean just smoking hydroponic.His metamorphisis from the Manchild to the Michelin Man was way too quick..I'm sure it's tough to be a Cavalier(with a gigantic contract),but Sean Kemp has displayed a lack of professionalism and more importantly a lack of respect for his life.(and those that love and depend on him...ahem).It sure took a long time for Sean to address his problem,but the important thing is that he is.Here's hoping that Kemp can become the man off the court,he used to be on it.

------------------
    If I had my life to live over,I would have liked to have ended up as a sportswriter - Richard M. Nixon,1969

7. Nadir

Nadir Member

I wonder if the guys at the Matt Bullard Fan Club have caught wind of this (with kemp of course being the anti-Bull). I have a feeling that they might have no mercy on the fat man after this.

------------------
    Whenever someone asks me what love is, I pause for a minute.....and then I spin and pin their arms behind their backs. Now who's asking the questions.