1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predictions vs Sonics tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jamcracker, Apr 5, 2001.

1. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

You know everybody's given up when there's not even a predictions thread on a game day.

woo go rockets

Sonics 85 Rockets 93

2. Valio!

Valio! Member

It's so dang depressing to predict after getting burned by new jersey...hmmm..I will still go with the Rocks despite no Mo, Lewis' homecoming, and Rockets feeling down...if they play like they want to win it will be:
    Rockets 100
    Soncis 94

------------------
    "It's finger ling ling good!" - Homer Simpson's opinion of Kentucky Fried Panda

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Chance that RM95 cares:

0%

The team has hit a wall, and it's just not fun to watch. I'm sure I'll get flamed as not being a real fan, but dammit, I sat through the Dallas game with TheFreak and shanna, if that's not being a real fan, I don't know what is.

------------------
    www.swirve.com
    I think my w**** is dead.

4. Say_Jack

Say_Jack Member

Email scores 20, and the Rockets lose by 12 pts.

------------------

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So you're sayin there's a chance...

sorry, Achebe. I did it first this time.

6. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

I still have fun watching basketball, and more fun watching my team play basketball.

It's really hard for me to watch my boys get spanked like Tues against Dallas. I'd have left the Summit early, but heyp wouldn't let me.

I'm really glad RM95 took the time to tell us he doesn't care about the game. Anyone else doesn't care about the game, please post here in the game predictions thread.

7. Band Geek Mobster

It's going to be close the first 3 quarters b/c the Sonics will expect this game to be a cakewalk.

Then Payton will step up and destroy our guards in the 4th.

106-95 Sonics

------------------

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There are 3 more games I desperately hope we win: this Seattle game, the Atlanta game (for the sweep), and the T-wolves game (because I will be in attendence). Plus they need to win enough games to win that #13 lottery spot back from the Sonics. For the sake of team pride, we can't let Seattle stay ahead of us. I'm predicting Anderson feels the same way I do and goes off on them, giving us a slim win.

------------------
    RealGM
    Gafford Art
    Artisan Cakes

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

dammit ... I never open these damn predictions threads because of my uncontrollable superstitions.

Now seeing that jammie is playing the Bill Worrell game, I have to "give him some sugar", as Calvin would say.

----------------------
    heypee-ons first game prediction:

Seattle is in the playoff race we wish we were, and although I look forward to seeing Langhi, he will proove to us tonight that he will NEVER be able to shoot and jump like the younger Rashard Lewis. Lewis will spank him silly.

Seattle 97 Rockets 93

10. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets 97
    Sonics 56
    (unusually high for the Sonics, but it is because the Rockets are in a slump)

------------------
    Whitey will pay.

11. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Be the spoiler tonight! [​IMG]

Win the game! DAMNIT! [​IMG]

------------------
    They couldn't stop him in the early 90s; now they can't stop him in the 21st century
    -- Bill Worell on Phoenix defense on Hakeem

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rockets vs Sonics for the right to be called The Best team that didnt make the playoffs .

Houston 85
    Seattle 84

------------------
    Mark Cuban who? The Rockets own the Mavericks

13. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Spoiler? The Sonics are out of it too. This will be a good battle between two lottery bound, underacheiving, but talented teams.
    I especially want a win to make that 111-104 victory at Key Arena seem meaningful. It won't happen though, as Vin Baker will go for a season high in points and rebounds tonight:
    Sonics: 125
    Rockets: 97

The game is close at halftime- 65-60 Sonics:
    Sonics dismantle the Rockets in the second half, 60-37. Baker scores 42 points, and pulls down 17 boards. Rudy will refuse to double-team him all game long, and give Hakeem onlly 5 minutes of action. All in the fourth.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

14. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

You think the rockets underachieved this year??!! Come on, they have done better than any sports experts predicted. The only real underachievers are Seattle, they could have been just as good as Portland/Dallas. Anyways, they have one of the biggest, if not the biggest underachievers in Vin Baker.

My prediction

Rockets 97
    Sonics 89

This one is ours!

------------------
    BILL KENNEDY SUCKS!

15. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I just look at those 8 crap losses, and feel like they underacheived. Especially since they beat many of those teams last year. They won 2 versus the Blazers, Lakers, Suns, and swept the Clips. This year, those teams have owned the Rockets. So, I feel like they could have done better. In sportswriters views, maybe they overacheived, but I don't feel that way.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

16. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Nah, bad losses come every year.. nobody expected this team to do this well.. i think this was a good win over the sonics.. this may sound funny, but its not over yet.. lets hope for a huge losing streak on the part of the wolves!

------------------
    BILL KENNEDY SUCKS!